4.6 Update Patch Notes

Any difficulty can be chosen at the start of an Explore Run, right?
When I unlock the highest difficulty I won’t be stuck there forever like in delves? Or had to lower difficulty one level at a time?
What I’m asking, can I have an explore run at difficulty 12, the next at difficulty 1, the next at 5 and so on?

That is correct. At the start of the explore run you can choose any of the difficulties you have unlocked. However you are stuck with that difficulty for the duration of that run (5-6 battles)

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks.

I hope the next update reducing the amount of clicking between battles. I don’t need to be reminded every Explore run that I unlocked the miniboss after I won the first 4 battles.

11 Likes

We should be put back to the map after finishing an Explore as the bonus is gone…
Forget twice to switch to another kingdom because of that…

2 Likes

I disagree. Players who want to grind out arcane traitstones in a single kingdom (new players) are probably still the majority of the player base. And those people will likely sit at difficulty 1 or 2 and just keep going at the same kingdom.

Edit: @Griswald badges and medals confer bonuses to your teams. You don’t have to care, but you’re giving up stats and/or cleansing and/or faster starts if you ignore them.

3 Likes

Is there some reason we should care about badges and medals? Just want to make sure I’m not missing something if I decide to ignore this aspect of the game…

Team wide bonus’s, used in leveling them past 20.

Def should care

2 Likes

Global Badges apply a universal benefit for your teams. You should care about that.

Medals should upgrade your most used troops.

No real point to upgrade every troop though.

3 Likes

Working for me.

Farming 12 with:
[1056,6470,6409,6571,3042,2,2,1,3,1,3,0,14023]

Thanks guys- I somehow totally missed the note about enhancing troops. :flushed:

1 Like

so just got my first medals, Cedric and Yasmine at the same time. About 3 hoursish… but some of that was unlocking Difficulties for the first time.

I’m guessing 1 1/2 -2 hours from nothing to Medal, as an extremely rough starting estimate.

Update is pretty cool but not sure i’m fond of the dramatic increase in grinding this will require.

RIP trophy production for guilds that require it.

3 Likes

There will be a definite drop for the next few months, yes.

I installed 4.6 while my Explore difficulty was set at max (Warlord IV) and I am fairly certain it’s still applying. When I start the easiest Explore battle in the new mode my enemies end up with something like 20 Attack, 20 Armor and 40 Life. That’s quite high for lvl 11 enemies… :thinking:

Yeah that’s causing the bug you’re experiencing. You can fix it by doing a PvP battle (or another battle where you can still change the difficulty) on Normal.

2 Likes

Magic related medal upgrades…
(some but not all troops listed as examples)

Assassin
+1 Magic
+2 Attack +1 Magic
+2 Attack +2 Magic

High King Irongut, Ubastet, Megavore

Mage
+1 Magic
+2 Magic
+3 Magic

Infernus, Obsidius

Striker
+1 Magic
+1 Attack, +1 Armor, +1 Life, +1 Magic
+1 Attack, +1 Armor, +1 Life, +2 Magic

Aquaticus

Support
+1 Magic
+2 Armor +2 Life +1 Magic
+2 Armor +2 Life +2 Magic

Queen Aurora, Voice of Orpheus, Holy St. Astra

Warlock
+1 Magic
+1 Armor, +3 Life, +1 Magic
+1 Attack, +2 Armor, +4 Life, +1 Magic

Arachnaean Weaver, Skadi, The Gray King, The Possessed King

Warrior
+1 Attack, +2 Life
+1 Attack, +2 Armor, +1 Magic
+2 Attack, +2 Armor, +2 Life, +1 Magic

TINA-9000, Ketras the Bull, Emperor Khorvash

10 Likes

Hrmm? I think you might want to take a look at the patch notes again…

Better start prepping to Gold Elite those Moas and Peasants… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

so it’ll expect some per Kingdom, but its kinda hard for a KP to tell what “all” would be in a Kingdom.

Getting Gold Moas and Peasants will be easy, its getting the Legendary and Mythics to Gold that’ll be a pain

Yup. It’s going to be like how maxing weapons was for Kingdom Power was when weapon enhancement first came out. At some point though, the requirements will mandate more maxed troops than there are low rarity ones for a kingdom. But, that’s a relatively long way away timewise. Still, it’s nice to have a heads-up on that to get a head start on it well before the requirements become an issue down the road.