4.6 Update Patch Notes

Logging in to different Google accounts when prompted to when starting gems of war does nothing gems of war account wise. So how does the Google save work?
@Kafka

@Saltypatra on PS4 anytime I evolve medals to a badge the screen completely locks up and I have to restart the game

Thanks for the update.

I haven’t seen anyone discuss what medals we should be taking. Am I crazy in thinking we should just be aiming for the +4 Magic ones? We’d get +12 Magic in total?

Nice update. Would be better though if the game could remember what difficulty I play at.

2 Likes

Does the Difficulty have any influence on the boss chest rewards?

1 Like

Higher Difficulties increase the odds of additional tokens dropping per run. The range for the number of potential token drops per Mythic Boss is listed on the Difficulty selector. See picture.

I’m curious to see what players choose as the Difficulty that best balances risk, reward, and speedrunning.

3 Likes

No Life and Death Nerf is a real let down. That weapon ruins pvp completely for me.

3 Likes

Would also be nice to have a chance for the mythic boss to drop a single deed.

6 Likes

Does the rarity of tokens changes according to difficulty (i.e. more chance to get a mythic token in D12)?

1 Like

The Orbweaver nerf is technically a Life and Death nerf.

7 Likes

The Orbweaver Nerf is an Orbweaver Nerf

Really liking this update overall. Nice work devs :+1:

Can equipped badges/ global medals be unequipped? can’t seem to fumble around to remove them off me.

At the current moment, it seems like I have to have an extra badge to remove an equipped badge.

2 Likes

I don’t believe so, at least from the perspective of altering the odds of the drop table.

Higher difficulties grant mythshards faster, which enable tokens to drop more frequently from runs (you get to 100 faster on a per run basis), which grants more opportunities for a mythic token to drop.

That said, in my personal opinion from beta is that D12 is not the optimum difficulty to farm tokens. I cleared D12 on beta, but the margin of error is virtually zero there.

Keep in mind that there are no potions or any other event bonuses to boost player stats in Explore. You’re taking your normal PvP-level stats and trying to clear opponents boosted to level 250. It’s technically doable, but D11 gives units with endgame PvP stats a one-hit margin of safety, while D12 often does not. D10 is even safer, but you need to be constantly moving between kingdoms for the 20% bonus to get a Mythic Boss every second run, and that can get tiresome quickly.

Another very important thing to keep in mind here is that the AI will be building actual teams and not using presets like in Delves. A lot of low-rarity troops are absolutely devastating if they going at level 200+ and have very low mana requirements to start casting or looping on the AI’s side. That’s going to catch a lot of people off guard that are used to high level delve runs.

6 Likes

On the flip side there’s a much lower percentage of Bulettes! Take the win!

(I mean, the delve tradition of retaining team changes isn’t a thing in here but that room is still icky.)

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed the 20% mythstone bonus actually work? I still seem to get the 71-75ish mythstones after a difficulty 12 win each time and not with +20% of that added.

2 Likes

The bonus has consistently worked for me. I’m not yet at difficulty 12, but I have not seen any results where it didn’t apply.

@Lyrian, I intend to run a high-level Delve team at difficulty 12. Maybe Irongut-based, maybe Mang+Keeper of Souls.

Yes I’m getting 90 mythstones usually.

One thing is the 20% bonus moves to a different kingdom after you win that one

1 Like

Thanks

I got it that time. I’ll just have to keep better track of it. I have been following it from kingdom to kingdom. Wish they made it a bit easy to quick spot what the next hotspot is.

Let us all know how it goes. A stable D12 team would be useful for everyone.