3.5 update preview screenshots (part 1)

As far as I know they’ve had it since dungeons were released and still have it. There is no reason not to give codes to Xbox.

1 Like

That’s some relief, since I saw the screenshot comment of GW every 4 weeks. Glad that’s not happening at least. Thanks for the correction. You’ve been a great source of information over the years. I haven’t been able to keep up with what’s going on so much anymore.

1 Like

Oh so kingdoms for Apocalypse/Guardians/etc. confirmed :stuck_out_tongue: .
Or again the “it’s a debug version” (read it as “it’s a surprise for patch 3.6”).

1 Like

Sooo maany flying kingdoms :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just hope “Get 5 stars in all Challenges” isn’t going to show up in there, that hole is 1500 battles deep to dig out of.

1 Like

With the prevalence of fast-starting teams these days, though, it’s not like it’s a hard set of battles. Sure, there are lots, but they’re no more challenging than an Explore match.

1 Like

This update in my impression is pushing the game closer and closer to a PtW type game. Not looking forward to weapons being restricted at all.

Here’s a kind of designy-thing that’s going on and why I think a lot of people are unhappy. It all comes back to that “pay up-front and know what you get” vs. “get continuous updates”.

In short, the goalposts are moving. You can save yourself some reading if that makes sense to you.

If it doesn’t, let’s talk kingdom power. Right now it’s super easy to understand what to do to get more stars: if you can level troops you level them, if you can trait troops you trait them. We know the maximum stars for each kingdom, and can watch the spoilers to predict when we can get further. People who are at “the end” of this journey know when they have to do things to maintain it, and understand what resources they need to maintain it.

After this change, kingdom power is based on quests. We don’t know when, how often, and how extensive updates to those quests will be. So a player who is already fairly endgame doesn’t know how much new work this represents, or even how often they have to do the work. Objectively speaking, this is more work for players who are not there but close. As-is, I know only some farming sessions separate me from kingdom power. If kingdom power shifts to be an event-based thing, I might suddenly find myself years away from maxing any given kingdom.

Hero class changes aren’t quite so big an impact, but still represent something. The difference here is it’s not a change in how we go about acquiring power, it’s moving “the ceiling” of power to a higher level. It is inevitable that something along that line is going to be meta-important. All of the endgamers are going to rush to fill that in. Part of that is exciting, part of that is not.

But something I’ve noticed in every F2P game I’ve played is endgamers do not like the ceiling being moved. Some of them didn’t actually enjoy the climb to the top, and don’t want it to get longer. Others are upset because if it comes at a bad time, they can’t stay competitive and “lose face”. When I see a mass exodus of endgamers from a community, it’s usually after either one BIG change that dramatically reduces their power or a series of small changes that add up to something big.

It’s so much healthier to have games where, when you reach the end, you go play another game, possibly the sequel.

Weapon restriction is only a rumor and could be false…

The new requirements are:

• the old ones
  • fully upgrade weapons
  • doing challenge
  • unlock class and level up the class
  • collect pet(s), and upgrade their level

I guess since everyone will know this imminently when the patch drops later today and beta is officially over, here are the list of upper star rarity requirements that will be live today:

REMINDER: You can still grandfather kingdom stars up until the point where the patch is pushed live later today, if you cannot reach the new requirements for the same star rarity under the new system.

6-Star

Own 12 kingdom troops
Level 10 kingdom troops to 20
Complete all 35 kingdom challenges

7-Star

Own 3 kingdom weapons
Fully trait 10 troops from the kingdom
Own 2 unique legendary troops from that kingdom

8-Star

Own 16 kingdom troops
Level 14 kingdom troops to 20
Fully upgrade 2 kingdom weapons

9-Star

Fully trait 16 kingdom troops
Own a pet from this kingdom (Not possible everywhere yet)
Unlock the Hero class associated with this kingdom (Not possible everywhere yet)

10-Star

Own 20 kingdom troops (Not currently possible anywhere)
Level 18 kingdom troops to 20
Own a base mythic rarity troop from this kingdom

11+ Stars

Unknown

13 Likes

I think it’s a shame that power level of some kingdoms is blocked because of that…

I see it as a way for the dev to slowly power creep passive gem income, as 9-stars for a kingdom is a very significant milestone.

The big roadblock in all of this is the 8-star requirement to max out 2 weapons. Hence Salty’s comments on-stream about introducing old weapons back into the game to assist with that (as potentially 30+ kingdoms need to clear this hurdle each). Some of us were quite vocal about this on the beta forums.

9-stars is quite easy to achieve (if possible) compared to 8-stars.

The dev got a great sense of humour, they release the update same week then vault event :slight_smile:

What should i do now?

Pvp for ingots or explore for vault key?

Leveling weapons is definitely one of the long-term goals of the game now, and leveling a single legendary weapon to max is going to be a project for sure. (Dawnbringer using mythic ignots… good luck with that!)

I’ll be interested to see how long it takes top guild to farm up enough legendary ingots to max out a single legendary weapon.

I agree with @turintuor i don’t like it, my first idea was to only upgrade the weapon i use and forget the others but if i want to upgrade kingdom powers i am forced to upgrade weapon i don’t use or don’t care. That really suck

4 Likes

if i could only hit the like butten 10 more times

2 Likes

This patch could push things either way. People already overwhelmed getting pushed out, or people getting excited about the new stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays into recruiting.

I’m really worried about finishing my next novel now with all this grinding and my inability not to prioritize GoW over RL.

1 Like

12 troops for 6 stars ?
Urskaya is now 7 stars. But with new system it will be 5 stars max. Out since nearly 1 year but still with 11 troops.

Actual system : you can get 6 stars at release (or the week after)
New system (if no change in troop distribution) : you need to wait 1 year to get to 5 stars.

2 Likes

So Dragons claw would have been 8 stars if this came out in a week. For the first time, ever, I’m wanting a patch to be delayed for a week.
Is what a 7 Star kingdom provides for tribute going to change? Otherwise, how is making the Kingdoms harder to level not an indirect Nerf to tributes??

Dragons Claw went from being 8 stars in 6 days. To 8 stars in 361 days-ish.

2 Likes