3.2 Targeting Bug Temporary Fix

We have an updated background in the next update, more in line with what we had before.

14 Likes

Keep hanging in there devs. Mistakes were made, but nothing that canā€™t be fixed.

1 Like

Publishers/Sony/Microsoft can also advice some features to implement (long-term ones), which seem useless for players but good for the future of the game.

And not all the devs can work on the same feature so one part of them have worked on the new UI.

Finally, we are only a small % of the playerbase. So I donā€™t see why devs should implement features asked by this minorityā€¦

4 Likes

@turintuor absolutely nailed it regarding publishers/Sony/Microsoft.

1 Like

wait, was this even broken on the consoles? because x1 got the temporary fix and that just makes things even more bizarre.

Xbox was fine. So weā€™re stuck with a broken fix for something not broken.

Iā€™m not saying that everybody hates it. Iā€™m saying a clear majority hates it.

1 Like

Hmmm yeahā€¦ just nice if that strong leader is occasionally visible to those who followā€¦

2 Likes

Whoopie, 1m extra gold. 3 gem keys, 1 event key and 5 runic yellows for everyone!

If that is the case then iā€™m very curious how for instance those new ugly arcane traitstones pictures do any good for the future of the game.

5 Likes

I thought thatā€™s what this wasā€¦ some pages are ā€œAā€ and some are ā€œBā€. Thereā€™s no other reasonable explanation for mixing them in the same release. For the record, I prefer ā€œAā€ as ā€œBā€ is just nearly unusable.

A/B is representing alpha/beta test groups which generally is post quality assurance (QA). I really donā€™t get the feel that it went through any kind of regulated scrutiny at all before release. And I just donā€™t understand at all or in anyway how certain bugs make it into the patch in aspects that should not have been meddled with like stealthy,targeting or impervious on previous release. Its very sloppy and uncoordinated.

5 Likes

Do these devs even test anything before they send it out? I have never seen such a broken game that soon as you log in, you are hit with an ad that says give us $50!! Yeah right!

1 Like

Itā€™s not about the rewards you earned, but the memories you made!

Seems like something my mother would say.

1 Like

And PC will receive slower updates than ever before due to the approval period for Console, because the devs want to patch all platforms at the same time going forward. Welcome to Unity, I guess.

Iā€™m not unsympathetic. It sucks for everyone now.

There seems to be something else new with Elspeth (most likely due to this temporary fix).

I just came across a 4x Elspeth defense and when facing it, one Elspeth cast, causing the Elspethā€™s in 3rd and 4th slot to disappear. A new knight took the place in 3rd slot.
2nd cast, Elspeth in 2nd slot disappears and 1st knight does as well. 2nd knight comes into play in 2nd slot.
On 3rd cast, Elspeth and 2nd knight both make way for 3rd knight, who is now the only surviving member of the defense (sitting in 1st slot).

I just recreated this with my own defense team. Seems very repeatable. Not a huge bug, but something to note.

@Ozball @Saltypatra

EDIT: Just tried to use Elpeth on offense and the same thing happens. With my traitstone farming team, I select Trogdylte hoping to spawn brown mana. I do get brown mana spawn but both my hero in 3rd and Trog in 4th die, making way for a new knight in 3rd slot. RIP fast traitstone farming.

In testing terminology an ā€œA/B testā€ is for when you canā€™t decide between two close alternatives, so you deploy both to a test group and present A to 50% of users and B to 50% of users. Then you take feedback and use the one that got better feedback. It has nothing to do with alpha/beta phases other than ā€œyou have a test groupā€, which Gems of War does not.

These changes were too dramatic for A/B testing. Any one of the numerous changes mightā€™ve been worthy. But, again, there has to be a test group to do A/B testing and in Gems of War, ā€œletā€™s ship itā€ is the test group.

1 Like

I wonder if you got some strange intermediate version, cause Iā€™m not seeing the same thing on iOS right now. With Els, Bombot, Hero, Trog on explore, Elspeth is only killing Trog, and the team farms fast just like it always did.

That is super strangeā€¦ I did just reinstall the game this morning because my images werenā€™t all downloaded. Maybe thatā€™s causing an issue.

Fun things to do until the permanent fix:

Khopeshiting your own troop to the front.
Dealing true damage to your Hydra.
Scale Guarding your Humility.
Give an attack buff before Wisping.

(Before people cry about me suggesting exploit, all these are weak non-game breaking stuff. Trying to have a bit of fun with the current situation)

1 Like