3.2 Targeting Bug Temporary Fix

I don’t want them to do anything like that. I want them to fix the buggy mess they released due to the lack of a quality control department in their company. Like every patch this one feels incredibly rushed and not properly tested. The main focus was supposed to be the new UI, but it is missing from some parts of the game (which still look like they did before the patch) and as a bonus they managed to mess up three troops that have nothing to do with the new UI (and then they “fix” them to be absolutely useless)…

1 Like

Not only 3 troops… All the “target limited” troops…

I also don’t see the relationship between these troops and the new UI and also disappointed that only one part of the new UI was done in one major patch (which should have been the new UI patch…).

Funny how impervious took forever to fix but this only took hours…:clap:

7 Likes

Funny how impervious took forever to fix but this only took hours
Exactly right impervious bug benefits the ai more than player so it got left for months

2 Likes

I don’t ‘want’ the to defend the developers, after this UI change… But I suspect this change in a few hours is due to the dynamic data downloading feature they just deployed in 3.1. In short they have new tools now.

Please don’t tell me this was applied to the console Xbox One version, because we didn’t get the bugs. They work just fine.

Of course when there is a bug that benefits the player you go and fix it in less than 24 hours by changing the troops spell but when impervious was broken a bug that screwed players and caused us to get less gold you didn’t do a damn thing for a month instead of giving impervious troops indigestible as their first or 2nd trait.

@Saltypatra @Ozball what do you plan to do about the board? I can’t even play the game because it hurts my eyes too much

Impervious couldn’t be fixed without a client update, whereas a hot fix was possible for this one.

1 Like

What about giving impervious troops indigestible as their first or 2nd trait wouldn’t that have been possible? And what about the board are you planning on changing that at all?

There are some changes for the board in the readability fixes.

6 Likes

When will these changes be available?

2 Likes

Hopefully early next week, but it hinges on the approval process.

4 Likes

Will it also have a fix so the background doesnt shine through the playing-board ?

1 Like

Dear Saltypatra,

I have a question. Why did you (speaking on behalf of the developers) decide to do a complete UI overhaul while the community didn’t ask for it?

8 Likes

I’d say that the glory bug that happened where players got trillions of glory from PvP battles was a “battle bug”. That got rolled back. I think it’s more of how much the player benefits.

Someone who exploited this may have gotten a couple thousand in glory and half a million to a million gold or something. Not game altering amounts when it comes to end game.

Sometimes, features or changes are the brainchild of the development team, and don’t come from the community. That’s okay; if they only made reactionary changes to the game, it would never move forward. I don’t begrudge them feeling the UI needed work (and let’s be fair, there are plenty of holes to pick with the old UI, it just really shines right now in light of what we got).

The flaw here is in keeping it under complete wraps. If you don’t show it to anyone, get a legitimate A/B test, and an actual beta going – it’s really no surprise that you miss the mark to some degree or another. This change happened to miss the mark by a lot.

But that doesn’t mean there has to be community demand for a feature to have it see the light of day. A strong leader and a strong personal vision have propelled many projects to greatness.

13 Likes

Many thanks to you. I see you are on here doing what you can. I feel like I am seeing a lamb being lead to slaughter.

2 Likes

I have never seen an indication in my guild chat, nor on the forums that there were flaws in the old UI, so i disagree on that part. I do agree that not all features should come from the community, but if you are pretending that you are listening to the community than clearly this shows that you aren’t.

2 Likes

There are a lot that like the UI as well, readability issues aside. Fix that, and the UI is better than previous.

Just because they arent all as vocal as all the hate, doesnt mean that everyone hates it.

4 Likes

@Saltypatra @Ozball?

1 Like