3.2 Targeting Bug Temporary Fix

I’d just like to know so that next time a bug like this comes around, I’ll know what to do about it. Any word, Oz?

Does that mean you will need a client patch to fix the readability issues, then? You can’t even push new image files that are a little bit darker to give more contrast to the in-battle text, or new files for the text itself to give it a border?

2 Likes

the fonts are blinding me. please fix this!

That ^^^
10 chars.

1 Like

In all fairness, I feel for Oz, its like california in here but he’s the only firefighter on duty with a leaky hose. Botched update maybe, but give them credit for trying to fix it asap.

2 Likes

As @Ozball said we are currently trying to expedite the new builds to go out. They will include some readability fixes that can only be implemented with a client fix.

3 Likes

So, no rollback is what I’m gathering here, @Saltypatra? Sorry for being persistent in questioning, but nobody is answering me.

2 Likes

my Black Beast team can finally be in defense since i know how the AI will eat it’s food.

For those interrested:
Black Beast
Cockatrice
Apothecary
Drake Rider

Its bad to leave these “player benefiting” exploits in for any length of time not so much because “people are getting free stuff”, but because you are establishing a new baseline of power in a game that is about long term power accumulation goals and you are handing out a sort of power that is not ever intended to be reached. After playing at the “broken” level for too long, it leaves the normal pace of the game feeling slow and severely demotivates progression because you have already experienced beyond the pinnacle and never will again, no matter how much you work toward it. That is why these fixes are a priority.

Is there anything you can do here with a hotfix? I can understand where changing the font might not be possible without a client update because it wasn’t anticipated that this would be needed, but can’t you push new image files? Even something simple, like increasing the opacity of the drop shadow graphics around the numbers in battle here:

I understand that the bulk of them may take time, but anything would be helpful here. The screenshot in question isn’t that bad, but others are. It is really, really difficult to play the game for more than a few minutes at a time like this, and I feel like I’m risking getting a migraine every time, which is obviously a deal breaker. Since the game basically requires daily play to keep my current level of progression, I’m not sure I can last another week like this let alone a month or two.

5 Likes

What about everyone who undoubtedly used black beast in GW today? Kinda unfair there wouldnt you say?

We will not be doing any rollbacks.

@Mithran, there is very little we can do regarding the readability without a client update.

What about the rumor I’m hearing that the fixes only take effect when players close the game?

What about the effect this is going to have on everyone who didn’t exploit? The rankings for this week are hosed.

Message heard loud and clear. Next time this happens, abuse the hell out of it, apparently.

2 Likes

Font color changes possible?

AFAIK that’s not a rumor. The fix is applied when you start the game, so if you leave it open you should be able to continue to use it

Nothing new here. The PVP leaderboard is silly every week anyway

Again nothing new here. This seems to be standard policy…

I am also wondering if you are able to change the background behind the play-board so it can be mono colored? That way there will be a lot less sore eyes out there.

1 Like

I can’t really say this. They did roll back the duplicate mail fiasco when that happened.

I meant that they never roll back battle results, so any exploits that are used in battles never get fixed after the fact…

I don’t know how you want to rollback players aside putting 20 devs to check all the logs to see who exploit the bugs or not…

1 Like

@Saltypatra There used to be a very nice grey and slightly transparent chess board. That seems to have worked for 3 years. Perhaps some one could find it again? Not a peep about it for all this time… Until…

6 Likes

This is total bs a bug that benefits player instantly changed but had it been a bug that went in the ai favor you dev would have left it for months I’ve lost all respect for the development team as a whole!

1 Like