3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

you are not the only one posting here …

No, but you replied to my post.

Second this. The new one looks out of place. I know there is another post about this but I can’t find it :frowning: (It has the pictures). This new Emblem looks like it was quickly put together. Clearly not as complex and indepth as the others are, which are WAY WAY Cool

1 Like

Merlantis emblem looks good, btw. Unlike new Suncrest emblem (just why???)

1 Like

Bring back previous emblem and MakeSuncrestBeautifulAgain

1 Like

I think the comparison says everything here
kraken

33 Likes

To be perfectly fair, I actually see what they’re trying to do here. They want the card art to shine more, and reduce the about of wasted space with chrome. Personally I think that’s fine and good. There are ways to achieve this without sacrificing the usability of the card, though.

10 Likes

The game looks much less dynamic and appealing visually, and as others have noted, there are numerous ways in which it is actually harder to read or play.

It’s just less “fun” looking–it looks like a poorly designed amateur ccg.

I think the overwhelming feeling here is that the devs “fixed” something that wasn’t broken, as far as the design goes. It’s harder to play and more difficult to navigate. Long-time players are unhappy and not enjoying the game. This equates to a fail.

Go back to the previous design.

6 Likes

The ONLY thing I can put up with now is the actual cards, everything else is gash. The information on them is poorly shown but I don’t mind the borderless design.

I feel like that goal wasn’t even achieved. While they managed to scale up the art slightly, the traits now hide a good bit on the edge of it, where several troops actually have their faces…

9 Likes

Once they fix the board and remove the “medieval restroom signs” behind Tyri,
treasure hunt is the only part of the game I will be able to enjoy.

It just hurts my heart to look at what they’ve done to the cards and troops in battle, not to mention the rest of the UI.

Can’t even enjoy the new troop art with those traits over their noses

newtroops

18 Likes

Here you go

Dear GOW team, please take a moment to consider how unfriendly and unreadable everything is in the new UI.

I honestly cannot tell what is happening without straining myself.

The backgrounds, borders, icons, fonts, blending, sizes of things, how lists and grids of cards and rewards are presented and basically everything else took a turn to the worse.

The previous UI was clear, readable and beautiful. The way the art of the cards and menus was combined gave a great feeling of a fantasy setting. Mixing really nice fantasy art with a minimalist UI removes character from the product.

Listen to your players (and customers), there are great pieces of feedback out there, like this one from @Sheba

I do give you my money from time to time and now I’m also considering if I should keep playing.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is working the way it’s intended with the new troop filters but on console (ps4) I was really excited for the ability to select by mutiple colors. However, it’s not working the way I thought it would. My assumption was that if I (for instance) selected the colors “red” and “purple” to filter by, it would show me all of my troops that used the mana red and purple (dragon soul, etc). However, it shows me ALL troops that have EITHER the color red OR the color Purple in it, so if I select red/purple in the filters, for instance, it shows me troops that are red/green, red/blue, red/yellow, purple/blue, purple/brown, etc…

This doesn’t seem particularly helpful and I actually can’t think of a single instance where wanting to filter troops like this would be relevant or useful?

@Saltypatra, I know you said you were most excited by the new filter options… can you confirm if this is working as intended, or if it’s an error?

Thanks!

On PC/mobile at least you can swap between “all” or “any” via another button. It doesn’t look like a button, it’s just some text, so it’s really easy to miss it.

6 Likes

they “nerf” wisps, 10 mana instead 9, but it still need just 3 from start xD
swift: it was 6/9, now it 7/10 :smiley: nice unit with more attack than bear-warrior-with-axe, and still have charm+reroll+extraturn, hahaha.
they shoul remove one of this action minumum.
p.s. sad sphynx look at this with him just reroll, hahah.

btw, new UI is only one thing, which can make me go out of game :c :cry:

3 Likes

and this UI is totally Huge at PC with 1920x1080, i dont need 5cm buttons with stupid shadow for 20% of map.
god…

p.s. “class indicator” is broken at low resolutions, it goes to center of screen.

I use to play 4-5 hours every day, sometimes more and since we got that UI i can’t play more then 1h i am really dissapointed :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

btw guys VERY NICE and SUPER SMART and good SILENCE ICON.
i spent only 10 min before i understood i silenced.
Good user expirienced design! i want it to every game!
but i have better desicion - it shouldnt have any displayable icon, we should recieve EMAIL notification when our unit is silenced!
why we should see any effect? just EMAIL notify for stun, silence, etc pls.
Or fedex mail.
or pigeon mail.

UPD:

2 Likes