3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Nothing wrong with it. I liked how they let you see the blue progress bar with each kingdom in the previous UI. That was very useful. Saved me the time from opening each window to see how close the kingdom is to reach the next star. Now it is gone.

Also gone is the ability to take one single screenshot of Treasure Hunt’s summary screen. Takes two now. How dumb.

Can’t see what the rewards are for Arena anymore. Must pay a 1000 gold to do that now after choosing three troops. How sad. Not good for newcomers.

I honestly don’t care to see my overall soul count on the main menu. Frankly, more clutter now instead of less on the world map’s main menu. Must look better for mobile users then. Console users still get the shaft as usual. That really explains why they did this major UI-overhaul. Its a trend that’s been happening for years where these website and game devs dumb down what was good on PC/ console for mobile convenience.

Now onto the old slick marketing campaign to have giveaways for their upcoming third anniversary just so we can grow to accept their new UI. They’re just weathering the storm of hue and cry as they knew it would happen. They knew the risk and took that risk anyway. So yeah, if you grow to like their new UI, then they have won and will be encourage to take more risks in the future knowing how easy it is to play you.

I am that cynical. If they really do feel bad for taking this absurd risk, then they really owe it to us in a way that will hurt them in equal measure-- in their pocketbooks! Free goodies are not good enough. They would have to upgrade everyone’s VIP status by one level. Those at lvl 0, get 1; those at lvl 4 get 5; those at lvl 14 get 15; etc.

Do that and you will earn my trust in your company. Otherwise, you’re full of it. Not going to have one dollar of our money go to some new secret game you’re spending your time developing on. I honestly do not put that past you. When Disney does it, any so-call Indie company can do it too with impunity.

Like I said, I am that cynical. So is my brother and a few others I know are cynical as well.

6 Likes

it doesnt 10ch

3 Likes

Inconsistent souls??? Man, oh man, you have your work cut out for you. And no one asked you to come up with this ridiculous downgrade.

This is the screen I am getting when trying to upgrade Assassin class to lvl 20:

Thank you for this excellent comparison between the 2 UI. Even if that depress me even more. :sob:
Also how beautiful were the red heart and the shield! And now? Ugly and aggressive to the eyes white things! (drawned by one of the devs 5yo child maybe?).

I bet if we show this picture comparison to 1000 people who never played gems and ask them which one they prefer, there wont even be 10 votes for the new UI.

Now I challenge a devs to come on this thread, look at your screenshot and tell us in all honesty that the new card design is better and explain such statement.

10 Likes

BUG REPORT (updated 2017-10-22):

BUG 1 (fixed :white_check_mark:, ty devs): This happens if you win the first battle of the last challenge ‘Under the Sea’ in the new kingdom ‘Merlantis’:

BUG 2 (updated): ‘Sacrificial Priest’ no longer allows to choose which card to sacrifice. He kills per default the last troop.

BUG 3: ‘Stealth’ is not working. Stealthy troops can be killed directly (not sure if this applies to all stealthy cards).

Hope this helps for future patches.

New game icon instead of the old skeleton warrior (or whatever it is)

you completely changed the game, so icon should show this is a new game
obraz

2 Likes

Is that the “Stick a fork in it, it’s done” graphic?

4 Likes

Amen. Ignoring the truly terrible UI problems (not just subjective complaints like aesthetics but actual objective usability issues), the “fun” of the game has been severely curbed.

A big reason to play is to finally get that big mythic pull from a chest, or a traitstone you’ve been waiting for, or the 6th copy of a troop that lets you ascend.

They really took the magic away from that. It’s so bland and boring, who cares what’s in the chest? Oh look, another boring stat pile with a picture. It seems to trivial to say, but it’s really the backbone to any CCG. The animations and the “yay factor” are important.

Design matters.

LOL.

The silence icon looks like my face when I saw the UI update. A mix of shock and vomit.

Shomit

4 Likes

No matter what improvements you do to this new UI, it just wont be as good as the old one. Nonetheless it’s good that once you downgraded from 9 to 3, you at least try to get from 3 to 3.1

Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

But look how bright, and big, and loud, and green “rename team” is!!!

7 Likes

Smoky bands already in place. Thank you, there was too much of the troop image and too little of the pwetty interface.

Font still looks like shit at whatever dimension that’s not enormous. And it’s not bordered, of course.

2 Likes

After the BUG REPORT above, here personal opinions:

1. I like the increased mana cost for the Wisp. :white_check_mark:

2. I really dislike the change made to the match 4-5 traits. :x: It did not solve the Kraken-issue but decreased the value of many other cards. Nerf instead the devour effect (gain only half of skill points and probably increased mana cost for second devour) OR nerf the mana generation of ‘loop’ generating cards.

3. The UI keeps me from playing. :x: Graphics and atmosphere of a game are very important to me. Even if the new UI will be improved there should be the option to use the old one. The complete UI theme is not pleasing to the eyes; too contrast-rich, chaotic, dark and technical. Even if the existing UI is improved, it will not be better as long the underlaying simplistic overall theme remains.

9 Likes

I 100% agree with every word this person said. The color scheme makes no sense in any of the updates. Impossible to read.

A few other irritations in the little I can play the game currently…
– Silence Icon needs to be fix - it is at the top left of the character when the spell is not ready, but lower left when the spell is?
– The color scheme lost its charm - we are now in the world of Tron?
– Very hard to distinguish the health and armor in battle. In general the white text is hard to read. Why not just go ahead and include the magic on the card as well?
– Need a more distinguishable way to know if spell is ready.
– Troop filter page is nice except why only 4 to a row now? Seems like you can make better use of space.
– Also what is this Suncrest emblem? Does not fit with the rest of the kingdom emblems at all. What was wrong with the previous one?

I love this game and used to play hours a day, but now can probably only put the time need to help my guild and quit.

9 Likes

I’ve already replied to this thread about my early on thoughts about the new UI, but, now, I just want to say that I hope you’re happy with yourselves, Devs. I used to play this game for hours and hours every day. Light days ranged from 6 to 8, heavy days would be 10 to 12. Now, I can’t even stand to look at it for more than 30 mins.

You want to know how much I play, currently, with the new UI? 8 battles a day. Yup, that’s it, 8 battles and the occasional kingdom collect. All I do is Guild Wars (to keep my Guild mates happy) and my Dungeons (so I can craft Xathenos for the Xbox Achievement), but that’s it. That’s what your horrid new UI has reduced me to.

Its sad, really, I enjoyed playing this game (note, enjoyed, past tense), but, not any more. That’s fine though, it leaves more time to play my other Xbox games, like Rock Band 4. Next up, “The Thrill is Gone” by B.B King.

Hmm, ‘The Thrill is Gone’… that phrase comes to mind every time I load up your game and see the ‘new and improved’ UI.

16 Likes

One of the first things I reported was I thought the black sharing behind the text wasn’t dark enough. Well here is an example where you guys got it right! I still think the font at the top looks like you are showing of your brand new bubble-jet printer from 1991, and trying to impress everyone that it wasn’t done on a typewriter.

1 Like

Dear Devs,
one final suggestion / question for you :

Could it be made so that the old outlook of Troop cards would be available as a DLC for Steam/Pc players, even if for a fair price ?

• it would only affect the outlook of troops.
  • it could / would make troops’ outlooks ‘locked’, or ‘static’ so that any new UI changes on the troops’ outlook would be permanently (?) made unavailable / ineffective.
  • the old outlook would be visible in any battle situation, OR at least in Pvp and Arena.

You could continue your modernizing in ANY other part of the game in ANY direction it may lead.
This, I think, would welcome back some of the lost players as well as trust and gratitude of the community towards you.

Thank you.

Thanks for listening to our suggestions. I have a few suggestions to help (at least I think will help) improve the game. My guild has been losing players consistently since the introduction of 3.1. The enemy ai cascades are a real issue. They need to be toned down. This is not a “perceived” issue as one dev said here on the forum. It is a real issue. Many people have quit the game over this. Combo breakers or something need to be brought in to help mitigate this issue.
Next is the new ui aesthetic. Although I don’t mind it so much, I’ve heard several members of both my pc guilds (I have 2 pc accounts, 1 PS4 account, and 1 Xbox account) say how much they hate the new look. It may just take some getting used to for some people. But, I agree that I prefer the old look to the new one. You all have some great artwork. Why get rid of it? I suggest having an option in the graphics tab of the settings menu where people can choose between traditional and the new look.
My next issue is with some of the troops and how they are unbalanced. Wisps are still in need of a nerf. Getting rid of magic link and increasing the spell cost by 1 helped some, but you didn’t go far enough with it in my opinion. The swift trait needs to be fast or just gotten rid of altogether. What’s worse than wisps in my opinion is trolls. Trolls are in need of a major rework. They are badly broken. They generate way too much mana. The recent nerf to kraken (and all troops who inflict a status effect upon match fours) was not why those teams are broken. It is TROLLS that are at fault here. The troll/kraken/mab meta teams are still nearly just as bad as before. Surely you can see that for yourselves. Play some more matches against that build if you disagree.
Lastly, I appreciate that you all have given us a way to craft troops and weapons in soulforge. But, why can we not craft weapons that were released in year one for purchase with glory? As it stands, we can only get these weapons for $4.99 if and when they are available. Why not cycle in a few of these weapons to craft like you do with legendary and mythic troops?
Anyway, these are my major concerns with the game at the moment. My guilds have been seeing quite a high turnover rate with recruits these past several weeks. It is also apparent when you look at the recruitment threads here that other guilds are dealing with the same issues. I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, and game development is not simple. But, if you all can work to solve some of these issues, I think it will make for a much more enjoyable experience for the players. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

3 Likes

That troop is stunned

The new UI is not as bad as on first sight. Of course you can easily see how much gold you earned after a battle. Watch the infos popping up, gold is the first on the left.

There are other things they could improve:

CARD SIZE and STYLE.
Daily tasks: either fewer battles needed or better rewards !
More mythics in the chests. Haven’t seen one in months.
More gems for soulforge. I need 4.000 to create a mythic and have now 1.700 after doing every dungeon battle every day ! That’s a really long way …

…I said nothing about gold :frowning: