3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

An other suggestion:

currently :

suggestion :

10 Likes

I can’t believe there’s no inverted search. On consoles this takes even longer than pc. Try choosing your common troops, or low level ones to level up.
Want to choose zhul’kari banner? Well you’ll have to scroll through every single other one first. Instead of pushing left ONCE.
Who in their right mind thought that was acceptable? This whole thing is just a huge clusterfuck.

3 Likes

Knew I forgot something. Torch or pitchfork for me … hmmm …

Pitchfork. It’ll show up sooner in the alphabetized search list, saving you some time.

8 Likes

me again …
you change the picture of traitstones :
inventory 1
why not change this with the new pictures ?
inventory 2|216x170

and still some old design… like this:
the new image of traitstone mix with an old … not very pretty

this looks better in the VIP chest even if the troop pictures have mythic design (blue)

1 Like

You mean:

or

?

11 Likes

Seeing the post from developers, I have to ask, why so set on doubling down on what seems from all feedback to be a horrible mistake? Is not attractive, giving players headaches, hard to see, and just…charm less. Is there some boss you are answering to who insist on this, and on doubling down on other recent unpopular changes? I am having trouble to believe you see so many people leaving, so many comments disliking a direction you are going, and feel committed to continuing with it. I have not spent any money since a couple of update ago, and see a lot of people say the same, key purchasing also down in my guild. So I have to wonder, is this not costing you? Could it actually be true that somehow making it less fun earning more money? If that is what happened, I get it, but won’t be able to stick around for it after a certain point of frustration…definitely not paying any more.

18 Likes

a scroll bars on the right please

and perhaps a black background behind the troops, as you do for the part “your teams”

8 Likes

At least you guys can play… I still can’t log in on Steam

1 Like

Just another player chiming in.

1. The world map was beautiful, but now it makes me sad to look at it. It no longer lets me dive into a gorgeous world of fantasy, but instead makes me want to turn around and run. Get rid of those horrible icons at the bottom and those nasty black boxes for text.
  2. Give us back our stacked VIP bonuses.
  3. Change the Treasure Map colors-the brown gems and brown background are the same dark brown.
  4. Put the frames back around the troop cards.
  5. Fix the unreadable fonts everywhere.
  6. Remove the “modern “ look
  7. Make the stars match between the world map and the kingdom power for kingdoms tributes. Under the kingdom power tab, the first 5 stars are gold with blue stars representing 6 and above. Now, per Ozball, it is the opposite on the world map. The first 5 are Blue, and Yellow are 6 and above.

Thanks.

16 Likes

I think it depends of your own collection. Do you have ascend these troops (Hydra, Beary guy, Beardy guy)?

3 Likes

oh perhaps … I don’t know how it looks like if your troop is not already mythic

It does see the legends

1 Like

thanks @Maxx for this screenshot

1 Like

We finally have an improved selector for choosing a banner. Thank you, I’ve wanted that for a long time!.
Keep the banner selection widget and for everything else bring back the old UI.
Thanks!

lol me again …
ok here the scroll bar is a little too low…if you do not target the bar properly the scrolling does not work properly :
Banner

can be thicker too ?

before:

2 Likes

Although I believe everything is pretty much said at this point, I’ll say it again.

The new UI and the entire art style this update brought is just awful. There is no sane person playing this game that can honestly say that this is an improvement over the old look. Fantasy themed card game with dragons, ghouls, monsters, and busty heroines ( can’t forget those) are now encased in an UI lifted straight out of a space strategy sci-fi simulation. Why? Change for the sake of change? That is just stupid.
I got in a great guild on last Sunday and I currently have a lot of spare time to play, so I was super excited. On Monday I went over 10k in PvP, gave a ton of gold to the guild, made all 1500 seals, won 5 out of 5 in GW. Everything was going great till the new update.
Today, my guild has people that said they will be leaving on Monday because hey just can’t enjoy Gems of War anymore. It’s not the balance issues, or bad RNG, or poor rewards, or a lack of time and interest on their part. They just find the game s of right now depressing and unplayable.
I stand by all that they have said. In the past two days I couldn’t bring myself to play for over an hour total. I feel repulsed by everything I see in game. The unreadable menus and the board, the clash between exquisite card art and the sci-fi card borders, new attribute illustrations, all of it is making me sick.
You had the most beautiful fantasy match 3 game in my opinion, and now you’ve ruined it. It looks like a Magic the gathering match 3 knockoff!
Change it back.
You might think that this outrage is gonna blow over and that only some people dislike the UI, but take note that the people who post on this forum are the ones who care the most about this game, for they have invested time ( and money) in this game over the years. So I do reckon they mean the best for the game they love(d) playing.

12 Likes

So the new UI is here to stay.
So PLEASE make everything new UI, switching between new and old is unpleasant and there was no reason to foist on us an half-cooked upgrade.

I think you were going for ultra-sleek interface contrasting with iperrealistic fantasy imagery, main colors black-white-silver-blue. Are you sure everything is aligned with this vision?

Align your icons. Contour your fonts.

Also let’s hope that the crucified turkey for Suncrest is not where the Kingdom crests are going. Bring back the wererabbit. Why on Earth change ONE crest?

Reconsider all the status signs in battle. Reconsider everything you placed on the battle screen, in fact. Check how transparency affects readability.
Check how the whole interface affects those with visual handicaps.

And find some effing beta tester.

3 Likes

Or use the ones they already had. After 3.2 went live there was a post in the beta-testing subforum where we all (edit:) several of us collectively scratched our heads and wondered if we had missed an announcement.

I get that it’s additional effort to involve beta testers, but they theoretically already had the infrastructure in place!

2 Likes

There’s not enough WTF for this.

5 Likes