3.2.5 Feedback and suggestions

I am rapidly being proven incorrect in my initial thoughts on this patch.

Can you tell me what my Infernus’ attack is?

19 Likes

Aaaaargh! Can we please have an options in setting to turn off the fireworks display of useless animations that make it almost impossible to read what’s going on and are just about giving me an epileptic fit?

Seriously, I play this game for some casual relaxation. If I wanted sensory overload I’d go to a rave party.

Once again, more evidence that just being able to do something in 3D Studio Max doesn’t mean that you actually should.

4 Likes

One thing I haven’t read being mentioned.
The new status effects are really hard to decifer when stacked on top of one another. I used dragonette to try and show you.

The first troop on the enemy team is death marked, hunters marked, frozen, entangled, stunned, poisoned and I believe diseased. I know you can click on a troop and it will slowly show you all the status effects two at a time but I used to be able to just look at a troop and know what was effecting it. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Other than that I agree we should be able to disable Particle effects on gem matches. I miss the old UI but I understand we’ll never go back.

To end on a positive note, I like the new way kingdom power level stars are displayed!

8 Likes

I question the need for the burning and webbed sprite effects, given that we already get an indicator on armor/life that the troop is burning. There must be equally unobtrusive ways to indicate, e.g., poisoned (green life symbol, as before), entangled (put vines over the attack symbol and show a “0”), webbed (put the indicator over the magic symbol, display a “0”, and leave it up regardless of mana status), and others.

2 Likes

Can you tell wht troop I’m using? =)

When we finish an explore battle put us back to the battle screen to fight again.

5 Likes

Thank you for your answer, Cyrup!

Up-to-down scrolling makes everything better. :wink: Even when the images are a bit bigger.

Screenshot!
tasks
It says the same thing twice and the second time at least the first half is not readable to me because of the background image, but even the top one is not easy because of the color. (Again, I’m not having good vision, other people might not have these problems.) Making this text only appear once in white seems smarter.

Oh no, I actually meant the big art which kept appearing on the left (like it still is in the kingdoms) since it was one of the few places where one could admire the art in “big”. I just liked looking at it, it wasn’t about finding out what troops I could get.

That seems a bit more complicated than what we had before, but really, everything would be better than having no explanation, I think.

And how are newbies supposed to know that Celestials can also drop with increased chance so that they should use explore for them? Or that only the runics (and lower) of the two colors of the Arcane will drop? Just a picture of the Arcane is not enough, in my opinion.

Blighted Lands is by far the worst offender for me. Glacial Peaks comes second. Basically everything with a bright background. When I do treasure hunt, it’s different from battles because of the colors (though Blighted Lands still kills me the most); the shop background is really bad there because it makes the coins blend in the most.

I should also add, because I didn’t say it in my first post, that with “particle effects” I don’t just mean the ones in battle; the flash when opening the chests is also SUPER-bright. I’m not even against a flash when opening chests (it’s supposed to be a shiny thing and since it’s not battle, where distraction is bad, it’s fitting), but you just shouldn’t make it so dang bright that it hurts in the eyes!

3 Likes

When sorting the guild roster and performing any action, the sort resets every time.
Make it like it was, that the sort remembers after user actions.

Please make some option to turn all of this effects of blur and firework off!! My eyes can’t handle it!!!(((

Hey, I have a somewhat serious question!:thinking: While I couldn’t do your gifs, I could save them as JPEG and ran them through a color blindness simulator because I really wanna know if the mess I see is worse than the mess you guys see!
Is this better or worse than what you guys who can see red and green have?

(Also my guess is that the second troop is Leviathan, since I use him a lot myself and seem to recognize the nose. But for the first troop, I have absolutely no idea. What troop is it? I can’t even tell the rarity thanks to red-green-blindness - Epic and Ultra-Rare look the same to me - so I don’t even really know what troops to consider. Solution, please? :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Yes, the second one is Leviathan! The first one - here’s the tip: he can apply Submerge to any of your troops. With these changed colors - no, it does not look messier than it is. It’s about overstacking details that makes it look messy, changing colors does not really make it worse.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the clarification! I was wondering if more colors would make it even messier than the retina-burning mess I see.

I still have no idea about the first one.:sweat_smile: Most likely because I don’t play with submergers. It’s not Waverider, I think; I would be able to see him at the edge, but beyond that I just don’t know. It’s obviously also not Scylla and… I have no idea who else can submerge. I need to pay more attention to Merlantis troops I guess.:sweat:

It’s Wave Rider. He just has his spell ready.

I love the update and improvements to the graphics for the most part. However…
Please give me the option to use one key. That’s useful to refresh the game and reset explore troops and complete daily tasks etc.
@Cyrup The sidescrolling banner selection when you can only see three banners in a vertically oriented window is so badly thought out. To improve this on console at least, please implement fast scrolling with the trigger buttons and allow us to go to zhul’kari from Adana by moving to the left. Easy fix.
Allow people to select the new effects on /off.
I like them but freeze is almost invisible.
And skull impacts and spell hits need to have much more ‘ooompf’. There’s almost no feeling that you’re doing any damage.
Also, the ring of wonder needs putting back to the 100% bonus. Changing that has cost you a lot of lost sales imo. Who cares if folks are earning a lot more resources, they’re paying for it. Or would have done anyway.
Otherwise, nice (ish) job.
Regards
Daniel

3 Likes

Oooh, that…makes sense. I hadn’t even considered that, thinking the troop would be visible. Shows how much I can’t even tell if it’s a spell or troop image under all the brightness.:sweat_smile:

The Good:

• The new stars at the map screen make it much easier to tell what power level it has
  • Consistent UI looks good from what I have seen. It’s a lot less jarring when it doesn’t get directly compared to the old one
  • New VIP level indicator can actually be read
  • Opening gold chests 200 at a time when Bright Forest comes out is going to be awesome
  • No more 2.2MB downloads on startup! @Slypenslyde will be so happy

The Bad:

• New trait icons are less clear than the old ones
  • Having to open event keys 10 at a time is going to be less awesome

The Ugly:

• The particle effects are distracting
  • Gem matching and explosions are irritating

The Suggestions:

• Allow people to turn off the new animations (the old ones were fine)
  • Replace the status effect particles with simpler ones that don’t take up the entire troop image
  • Allow users to control the transparency of the gem board background with a slider. I’ve done this myself in Unity, so I know the mechanism is present
14 Likes

Guild Roster page default set to “Descending” please. And I liked knowing exactly how much gold had been donated on the Guild Tasks page, would be nice to have that back.

I like the graphics changes, the sides of the home screen were cut off on my TV before but I can see my gems, souls etc. properly now. The colours all seem more saturated now, but I can always turn down my TV brightness I guess. I also like seeing what troops are available from Summoning Stones. The new particle effects look pretty cool to me, but I can understand people’s criticisms. Would be nice to have text saying what Traitstones are available on the Explore screen of each kingdom, that’s been on my wishlist for a while!

Appreciate the game though, thanks :+1:

4 Likes

I wish I could like your post a million times!:blush:

First off, I want to say that all of my Feedback and Suggestion are from playing the Xbox One version of the game.

What I like:

1. The new start up/“Press ‘A’ to start” screen. Very nice. I even took some screenshots to use as backgrounds. I hope to see more troops/kingdoms in the rotation.

2. The Troop selection screen. I noticed you put a black background behind them, nice. It helps it not feel so “in your face” and “busy”.

3. The old (vertical) troop summary screen for chests is back. Thank you. The side-scrolling thing was horrible.

4. That we can now open 200 chest keys at once.

EDIT 1:

1. The new kingdom stars. Overall, they are nice, I just wish they were a little bigger

What I dislike:

1. Guild task percentage change. I don’t want (or need) to know how much % of a task I have finished, I need to know how much gold is left to complete it. So, I would like to see either the old way come back (for example: 500,001/1,000,000) or just tell me how much is left (for example: 499,999 left to complete)

2. Guild Roaster screen. Putting aside the fact that it’s super bland, it’s hard to read the lvl numbers in the stars due to the numbers being white and the star a medium to light grey.

3. The “Fireworks” display, or what you guys call “particle effects”. I don’t know how else to put it other than just saying they are too much. Every time I cast a special or kill a troop, it looks like the 4 of July in my bedroom. Its distracting. I give you points for trying to “jazz” it up a little, but can you tone those down a bit? Overall, I do like the idea, the execution is just a bit much.

4. The new status effect animations. No. Just no. They are WAY too much. What was wrong with the heart being green when you were poisoned or the shield being on fire when burned? Now, my whole troop card looks like it’s on fire when I get burned. Its distracting and makes some of the numbers harder to read because the effects block them. Alternatively, Frozen isn’t enough. I have to really, REALLY, look close to see if I’m frozen. I much prefered the 3.2 status effects to these, mostly The only ones I found a bit much then was disease, I prefer the old UI’s version on that one.

5. The trait icons. Holy smokes are those small now, I can’t even tell of my troops have their traits or not without clicking on them and looking, it used to be a easy quick glance.

6. The new chest selection screen. I don’t like how we have to click on each chest now to go to each section to spend each different kind of key. But, I do have a suggestion for it, which I’ll list in the next part of this post.

7. I hate that we can’t do 1 key chests anymore if you have 200 or more keys. That really messes up Daily Tasks on Console. If I have a Task like: “Use 3 Gen keys for 10 gems”, I don’t want to have to open up 7 more Gem chests just to get the Task done. Its like I’m being punished for saving my keys. I don’t like that. Fortunately, this issue is also covered in my suggestion for the chests.

EDIT 1:

1. Some of the new map stuff is hard to read. For example, I have Whitehelm as my Home kingdom, and because it’s my Home, the lettering is green. That, mixed with the color of the kingdom icon and the map land behind the name makes it hard to read. There is a similar issue with L. Empire kingdom. With its white letters and light map land background, it makes it hard to red the name. I’m not sure how to make it better. Maybe used a dark, less transparent black background for the kingdom names?

Suggestions:

1. New Chest menu, similar to the old one. Okay, you know how Soulforge has those headings on the top (Level, Jewels, Traitstones, etc)? You do that with the chests. So, it would be the old order of: Gold, Glory, Gem, and so on.

And do you know how, in Soulforge, next to things like Jewels and Traitstones, in that little green bubble, it says how many I can create with my resources? Do that with the key amounts. So, in my chest menu idea, each heading would look like: Chest type and then how many in the green bubble. So, like: Gold (42), Glory (78), Gem (102).

Also, you scrolls through each chest (with the RB and LB buttons) and when you’re land on one, it shows a picture of the chest type on the left side (like the current chest menu does). On the right side, it has the open of:

“Open 1 chest”
“Open 10 chests”
“Open 50 chests”
“Open 200 chests”

They would be listed vertically like shown above and like how it was on the old chest menu screen. Now, if the player doesn’t have 200 keys, you can do one of two things. Either, A, “Black it out” so they can’t select it until they have 200 keys, much like how the VIP chest buttons looked like before until you reached VIP lvl 5. Or, B, give them the currency option for the 200 chests. Like, currently, if you have no gold keys, it will show “Open 50 chests for 15,000 gold”. So, the 200 chest bundle would cost 60,000, unless you wanted to be nice and give us a discount like you do with 10 and 50 packs of event keys and such when using gems to buy them.

Lastly, when you open a chest, it would still have the current animation. The card appears, flips over and shows you what each key/chest have you. And, at the end, you still get the current vertical summary screen.

1. We need proper trait filtering back. A way where we can click on Traits (like we do with kingdoms), get a drop down menu and select a trait we want to narrow our search with. For example, it would go: “Traits”, in the white box next to it, “All traits”, you click on it, scroll down to, say, “Cursed” and it would show you all the troops with that trait.

2. We need a way to see single color troops by themselves. For example, under “Filters”, if I click on just “Red” and hit “All Colors” (or a new seach option, if necessary), it should give me Red only troops like Courage or Red only weapons like Summer’s Fury.

EDIT 1: I wasn’t sure where to put this as it’s a like, dislike, and a suggestion all about the same thing. So, I’m torn on the new summoning stones. You guys gave us a visable pool of what we can get, which I like, but you removed the ability to get Legends and Mythics from those stones. I know several people who got Mythics that way. I was using my jewels to get weapons and the Forge only troop as I figured there was always time to try and get good stuff with the summoning stones. So, now that you took that away from us, I feel kind of cheated out of it. Had I known you guys would be changing it, I would have focused on using my jewels on those stones instead of weapons as I need a ton of Mythics. So, my suggestion is to perhaps include Legends and Mythics in some way, or go back to the old way of Summoning stones.

That’s all I have for now. I hope that all made sense and I hope to see some of these things in the future. I’ll edit as I think of more.

11 Likes

Still no fix for Dawnbringer defenses in Arena. Please fix.

“Back” arrows still in top left corner instead of being moved to top right corner where they make more sense. Please fix.

Summoning stones no longer giving a chance for Legendary/Mythic troops. Even if the chance was rare before, it was a chance to get them without having to spend gobs of Diamonds. This needs to be reverted ASAP.

The new graphical effects are causing a friend of mine to get headaches while playing, and he never had problems before (including with the 3.2 update that gave a lot of other people issues). Please fix.

3 Likes