3.1.5 Patch Notes (PC/Mobile & Console)

Just going to point out that the glitch where Kraken kills the last two troops then devours the next one up, that’s still a thing. (+ for all the other troops this applies to)

Oh and its not in the known issues thread either…

2 Likes

Never mind it worked! 5/0…7422 points! Should have been more but I screwed up converting wrong color lol! :slight_smile:

That is not a glitch! It’s always been that way! If Kraken kills two weak enemies then it has a chance to devour 3rd if not impervious!

1 Like

Not in the PC/mobile environment.

Maybe pc/mobile was glitched! EK does same if 2nd troop dies it drains 3rd!

Yes very laggy now playing on iPhone. 4x speed seems to be slow.

2 Likes

its a bug, doesnt matter was it that way before the patch or not. if it was that way before the patch it measn it was just bugged from the beginning

either i have a good day or they tuned down the skydrops? :smiley::smiley::smiley:

anyone lese is getting this feeling? (mobile)

Nope

(10 chars)

1 Like

Yes to this.

Not to mention the glitch where it’s trait can remove 50+ health in one go is also still present.

If they aren’t going to fix the mechanics match calculation then they need to remove all traits that do some kind of damage on 4+ Match activation.

Looks good this far. I even notice - gasp! - less cascades.

Having just lost to @KAYA43V3R’s team, I assure you that the cascades are still very much a part of GoW. (Sky drop of 5-of-a-kind for the AI, and I didn’t take another turn. Four troops at almost full health to the defeat screen.)

2 Likes

That isn’t the trait itself. Thats a result of the way certain shapes are resolved in terms of match 4/5 traits. They also give the full amount of mana, regardless of gem overlaps. For example, 7 gems with no banner configured in a specific pattern can generate 2 match 4/5 events and 20 mana, but in a straight line would generate 14 mana and one match 4/5 event. I’m pretty sure 9 configured in a solid 3x3 block will generate 9 match events and will fill anything that uses that color, period (90+ mana). The issue appears to be that corner or cross matched 5 matches under certain conditions will allow additional match 5s to be resolved from the same set of gems starting at a different vertex. This is most readily apparent with compact ‘C’, ‘H’, ‘I’, ‘U’ patterns, eg:

xxx
xoo
xxx

xxx
oxo
xxx

Each of these count as two separate match 5s for the purposes of traits and mana gathering, so 22 mana with a +1 banner, etc.

Some patterns will correctly resolve as only a few separate matches and only grant 2 mana per gem matched - straight lines, extended cross and L’s etc. Blobs get tricky, since it is hard to tell where they start resolving matches - sometimes huge blobs give credit for extended match 5+ and give 2 mana for each gem matched away, others they resolve multiple match 5+ and you’ll get credit for the same gem multiple times.

On Adobe, the same patterns and even more of them were glitched in the other direction - they only gave credit for a single match 5, and the others would be removed with no benefit. It was actually rare to see a correctly calculated mass mana match on Adobe, since it required near straight lines with only one turn or intersection. Anything else was not only not counted, but also occasionally glitched the entire pattern and capped it at credit for one match 5 and only 5 gems.

Its hard to believe either of these are intentional, but it should be carefully considered the impact that these are having on the current game. The implications for spawn loopers alone should be pretty self evident here. “Fixing” this to a middle ground would move some of the troops that you have to use strategically a bit more to the forefront and make it less likely to be looped to death by teams with spawners, as well as removing some of the power spikes a single RNG event can have at the extreme end, but it would also nerf another set of troops into the ground and draw the ire of at least some portion of the playerbase, overall slow the game down, not really provide any long term relief from obnoxious repetitive metas.

4 Likes

Anyone experiencing the lag on ios and maybe other platforms take your power saving setting off and it will fix. Has worked for me and someone else in my guild that was having the same problem.

2 Likes

Have you fixed the issue where the PvP defense gets reset to your first team? This still keeps happening to me. Now I’ve gone and changed my first team to a defense, but if I wanted to say put up Giants for the week I can’t just select one further down my list.

4 Likes

I did the same thing you did: set my first team to PVP defense since I couldn’t get any changes to stick. Just for extra perversity, then the game decided to start sticking on a different slot, and I couldn’t get it to stay on my first team slot. Yay!

1 Like

But after playing with the chance for 2 years it “feels that the game” decides against the player too often.

Use a gem spamwner the game preselects if it will succeed.
Match 4 the game decides preselects it will always fail.

If you want more strategy cut the Mana surge chance universally for both the player and AI and then increase the rewards for slower play.

The idea that eliminating RNG and having the AI determine everything via the “invisible hand” (spawns and now 4 surge) increases the feeling of strategy is false.

2 Likes

I’ve run into 2 issues since the 3.1.5 patch:

1. My Euryali (Undigestable) was devoured by a Kraken.
  2. I used Keghammer’s spell against enemy Titan Class, and it did normal damage, instead of triple damage against giants.
1 Like

I’m less concerned about this and more concerned about an overall difficulty increase that seems to have hit during the last few weeks. Two weeks ago my win rate was down 20% from pre-3.1 levels. It has recovered around 10% so far this week, but it’s only Tuesday so it’s too early to tell.

If overall win rate is still going to be down by a given percentage, and I assume this is at least somewhat by design, then rewards should be re-tuned, since the motivation for the original nerf was increased gold gain due to faster battles. If there are factors in play designed to make players lose more, this is a direct decrease to gold gain. Nerfing task rewards due to increased gold gain and then nerfing the win rate which also nerfs gold gain is a double penalty, and that’s not cool.

AIManaCascades, AILuckyCasts for Trolls, and other manipulated gem drops have just ruined the game for me so I am taking a two week break once again. See you (maybe) in two weeks.

1 Like