3.1.5 Patch Notes (PC/Mobile & Console)

I’m making a lot of posts in a lot of places I AM SO SORRY FOR THE TYPO. D8

3 Likes

I know it’s petty, but I made myself giggle, and that’s what really matters.

4 Likes

you were driving this bus lyva? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My lawyer tells me I don’t have to answer that question.

16 Likes

Was there anything else done with regard to spawning and mana counting mechanics? It feels quite different on a first glance. Getting mana is slower for both player and AI. There are some wild outlier streaks but it does not seem to be as bad and “blobby” as before. And for the first time in the last couple of months the puzzle feeling is there. I’m actually taking time and trying to calculate what happens next. Well, maybe it is partially due to facing mainly giants which don’t have too many extra turns and cascades apart from Jarl. So, IDK, I’m kind of undecided but it looks like a major improvement in playability.

1 Like

@akots you are likely seeing the difference with mana surges removed from four matches. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Salty, can you please tell us specifically what these other bug fixes are?

• Summoned troops have been fixed. (A summoned troop level is now temporary instead of being saved over yours.)
  • We now provide warning messages when you change your graphics quality above what is recommended.

(Minor stuff, I promise. Check the known issues thread! It has been updated with the fixes.)

3 Likes

Yes, mostly likely this is the case. However, this adjustment might have coincidentally fixed some other glitches in mana calculations. I don’t see mythics powering up all by itself as rapidly as it were even with converters or trolls despite creating the usual blobs. It implies that these 4-match surges were a bigger issue than expected probably due to some arbitrary number added during resolving matches in blobs. Previously, let’s say, a single Forest troll cast on a board with about 10-12 green by AI filled all three krakens, while now in similar situation, it fills one and little bit of the other. I don’t have hard evidence to back it up, this is just my IMHO eyeballing feeling.

1 Like

So. I have to use google translate, I’m not used to cussing in English.
First, you release a clearly imbalanced Wisp. But as a balancer, not just one soldier is fixed, but the whole mechanics. This will slow down the game even more.
The first slowdown was the new AI.
The second is the addition of new goblins and trolls that do not transmit the move.
Third disable mana surge.
Note that this is not offset by the speed of the animation, because
even on the player’s course, the main waste of time is thinking and
watching the board.

I think disabling mana surge will not help cope with trolls. It does not matter if there was an increase in mana gained, if the opponent still has a huge number of moves.

This will make the unbearable mana-drain deck’s, because now it is more difficult to collect mana in attack.

These are only the first thoughts that came to mind when looking at such ill-considered changes.

Guild task rewards were reduced because we gain more golds/hour with the speed bonus.
Now you nerf the mana surge so battles are going to be longer. So less golds/hour…
No update of the rewards? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

IMO, thinking is not a waste of time, it is actually most enjoyable part, at least for me. :grin:

I understand though, that mechanically blowing up same TDS over and over again might be faster. However, it is somewhat less enjoyable IMO and less entertaining. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, certainly. But I invest in the treasury of the clan from 1. 500 000 gold. And
the main thing on what I think (having fun, of course!) - how to
accelerate the battle and get the maximum amount of gold per week.

1 Like

We knew that not all players would be happy with the removal of mana surges from 4 of a kind matches, but the benefits are quite far-reaching. This change should see the AI loop less and have a harder time filling its troops quickly. Of course, this also affects the player, but a player is able to battle much more strategically than the AI. We wanted to remove the feeling that the game was too similar to a coin toss and let players effectively strategise against their opponent.

13 Likes

Seeing that English is not your native language I want to give the benefit of the doubt that what you were trying to say isn’t what was actually said. Are you saying you are upset that with the changes you now have to think about your moves and pay closer attention to your match than you did before?

Because if so then I’m obliged to make a sarcastic response about this being a PUZZLE game, and that PUZZLE games usually require some thought & planning. Although it’s nice to play GoW on autopilot some times and breeze through some aspects of it, I fail to understand how being forced to think a little bit (because GoW really isn’t rocket science or calculus) is a waste of time.

If that’s not your intended meaning then I will refrain from making aforementioned obligatory response.

How about actually playing the game with the new changes before assuming they are ill-considered and that it does nothing to alleviate trolls or any other RNG heavy ‘strategy’. Provide your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to see it in action. The changes may not have helped, but you can’t claim that until you’ve taken time to try it first.

My message should be understood in the light of the fact that the
developer used the argument for accelerating the game to reduce rewards
for assignments. It’s a lie.
I am the leader of the clan. So I had to try to explain to my players that this was not a reason to quit the game. That was hard. The subsequent changes only worsen the situation.

Or maybe the gold loss due to finishing fewer matches will be offset by extra gold from a higher win percentage? I can’t say that for sure obviously because I haven’t tested it.

Why was it decreased in the first place?

nope 1st gets easiest schedule and 2nd hardest for some unknown reason!

My yellow team does not work anymore so I guess I have to come up with something else! Yellow was a never lose in guild wars even with the dang troll and kraken! Not anymore!

1 Like