3.05 on PC Looks Just like the Console

@Tacet did you fight against gorghota yet? You guys got the Console AI improvement?

We did change the Rock Troll originally to have regen, but recently changed it back to knockout. That should get changed before the 3.0.5 update on PC/ Mobile.

2 Likes

@Nimhain you got the answers? Does the 3.05 pc version contain AI improvement

And

Does the 3.05 console version contain famine and deathmark nerfs?

I haven’t checked much with the AI mainly because 4x speed makes it near irrelevant what the AI does, lol.

I’ll be testing a lot more with it on Friday and Saturday during live streams.

2 Likes

Does 3.0.5 on console have the speed modifiers as well?

In my experience (~100 battles), AI has the same priority as Live PC/Mobile:

1. 4-5 matches
  2. Skulls
  3. Spells
  4. Color matches

with some fuzziness between 3 and 4, about what you see on Live. This makes sense since they don’t want PC players to have a different experience from Mobile, in case they are unfairly advantaged or handicapped.

4 Likes

You will notice more the difference if you are fighting against gorghota but ty for answer

@Lyya’s post seems to indicate no. But the way I read Alpheon’s post at Nimhain's Lair: June 12th - #135 by Alpheon was that they were delaying the AI changes since PC and mobile will temporarily be on different code bases.

2 Likes

Confirmation no ai changes this update

2 Likes

Yeah i was not sure if he was talking about the slider only or the general AI improvement.

On console we got both at the same time so it was hard to say if the AI was acting deferently because of the sliders or because of the general AI improvement

1 Like

We will explain it in more detail when we release 3.0.5, but the current answer is no. This version of 3.0.5 will ONLY be releasing on PC, and not on Mobile. Mobile will still be getting the non-Unity version of the game (same as what they are used to) with a majority of the same features as the PC Unity version. Some features will be missing from Mobile, including the animation speed, as this was something we could only achieve in the Unity version of the game. Since PC players and Mobile players are on the same servers, we do not want players to favor a platform which has major gameplay differences, like if the AI was completely different on PC and not on Mobile. So as seen in the video above, the Console AI and the defense preference sliders will be disabled until all versions are using the Unity version.

Yes

7 Likes

@GoldPhoenix0 awesome ty for the answer it’s clear now :slight_smile:

1 Like

There will be a great difference with pc haveing 4x faster game play than mobile.
:persevere:

5 Likes

Does the game continue to play when the focus is not on it (Alt+Tab for example)?

It does! Aside from the speed setting, this is the best QoL thing they’ve added :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The main difference is that the AI changes core gameplay, where the animation speed modifies (speeds up) existing gameplay. The Animation Speed option will be included in the Mobile Unity version of the game when that releases, but this will not be in 3.0.5.

Sniped by @Lyya again. Yes, Unity can run in the background.

1 Like

[quote=“GoldPhoenix0, post:31, topic:25633, full:true”]
Since PC players and Mobile players are on the same servers, we do not want players to favor a platform which has major gameplay differences, like if the AI was completely different on PC and not on Mobile.[/quote]
I understand the sentiment, but new features and QoL stuff will cause players to favour PC even without the AI (and especially with the speed setting). I’d also consider getting resources 4x faster a “major gameplay difference” personally. Regardless, I’ve been playing on my iPhone 90% of the time since I started, and I’ll be switching over to PC once this update goes live and until it is available on mobile.

2 Likes

I was sniped twice today, so I’ve actually got a losing record for the past 24 hours. Gotta make up points somewhere!

6 Likes

I think the issue is that they don’t want people to feel like they have to play on PC or on Mobile in order to get the best chances of winning, say, their daily Guild Wars battles. Things being generally sparklier isn’t an issue (but since the devs are in here, I’ll stop trying to put words into their mouths!).

3 Likes

Seems like the animation speed should be held back then until it can be released on mobile as well?

4 Likes