Nimhain's Lair: June 12th

Happy cake day!

I admit I don’t know what the slider defaults are, but you should consider PC/Mobile’s unchangeable “sliders” to have skulls cranked all the way up to max priority all the time.

2 Likes

As much as we complain, I would still take the current console game over the predictable PC/Mobile game every single time.

6 Likes

Ty Lyva, yeah im affraid if you guys get same AI then us, you wont be able to lure AI with skulls and it will result as the forum will be flooded by complains. So if we can do something before it happen that will be great. I also like the console AI i never played pc version and i am glad we can’t always predict what AI will do, it addind element of surprise. Yeah i agree sometime it’s not a good surprise lol but i still like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds different than the normal console complaints I’ve seen, which are normally about “magic cascades”. You seem to be describing something like traits not working properly, and I’m curious if you can explain more? What do you mean by “non working defensive traits”, what’s actually happening compared to what you think should be happening? From what I can surmise from the posts, it sounds like Justice is acting as if all 4 troops are frozen all the time, is that right?

I agree with you stan and have said so publicly. As much as the ai and cascades boil my piss pretty often, it’s much more challenging and I suppose more akin to playing against a real person, albeit a very lucky spawny jammy bar steward of a person!

1 Like

The aim is to bring Mobile, PC, and console platforms all together in one code base (the Unity version). We’re currently porting the PC version over to the Console code base, with mobile to come at a later point. Because PC & Mobile players will still be interacting with each other while technically on different versions, we’re temporarily removing the AI decision making improvements (no gem sliders for now, sorry!) we’ve made on the console side with the intent that players won’t gravitate towards one platform or another because the AI behaves differently in its decision making.
Our older system was much similar to what players currently experience on the Mobile/PC side of things.

The changes I mentioned were specifically for gem creation spells like Justice & the Guild Guardians, not cascades. I believe the big difference is that PC/Mobile will overwrite gems with the same colour (or the secondary colour). So if you’re targetting a yellow gem with Justice to create Blue & Yellow, on PC it may overwrite a Yellow gem with a Blue, or a Blue gem with Yellow. This results in the net gain of the gems you get may not be the full 15.

However on Unity, and I believe the original design intention, is that the colours you create will not overwrite any gem that is a colour that you’re trying to create already. So in the above example, you won’t overwrite Blue or Yellow gems, only other types of gems. The net result is always the full amount of gems, however this results in a lot more matches, even when we try to avoid matches when trying to decide what gems get converted, as we still create the full number.

We’re looking into more ways we can combat this, though I believe the end result that we are looking at is to return to the way it behaves to the way the current build behaves and overwrite existing colours, as the PC/Mobile version has proven much less looping than console.

16 Likes

Appreciate the very detailed response. Great information @Alpheon !

2 Likes

Great decision! That suck we need to wait next update lol the reign of Justice is not over but at least there is hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Appreciate the Justice teams while they’re there, once the wait is over Famine will just take over.

1 Like

I know you’re being funny, but no one with Famine is using Justice in their defence team. It’s when everyone (including me) can craft Famine, then there will be trouble…

I don’t play on console all i know about your meta is from reading here, and judging from that Justice rules your console kingdom with an iron fist :stuck_out_tongue:

Famine is still king of the meta, but very few have him. For anyone that doesn’t Justice seems to be the default defence team. Maybe there is someone out there with a Famine gathering dust, but I seriously doubt it.

1 Like

I got 6 plague 3 war 5 famines and 8 death but 0 ketra :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re probably gonna regret missing Ketras quite soon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This actually makes a lot of sense. If this is the case then I agree that we should have it like pc/mobile.

1 Like

Or keep it like it is but reduce the number to 13.

I might be the solo person that would like to see the over written gems act more like console and instead lessen gems created. There’s quite a few cards that would benefit at least in my mind that are quite obscured on PC/mobile because the overall effect is lessened by that action. Not that I’d enjoy endless looping but I’d like to at least have a measure of calculation in color management by create creators.

3 Likes

You’re not alone. I like the idea of gem creators actually creating the number of new gems, as long as the numbers are balanced to that behavior. Guardians, Jarl, etc. Would need to have their numbers dropped a bit to keep the right balance. (Or to get the right balance in the first place on console).

2 Likes

I also like it but 15 was way to much like i said maybe drop it to 8 or 10 without overwritting other gems

The cycling is an issue because of broken traits, freezing the unfreezable, and justice’s multiplier errors.

Plenty of people with famine use this exploit every week, particularly on guild wars blue day - now known as mabness day. To assert otherwise is discernibly incorrect.

It was the mercy buff that made last week a misery of cycling.

If no fix is possible for a while then maybe the broken defensive traits should be looked at urgently, including the oft frozen unfreezable hero class.

As i have previously indicated 1 famine is a breeze in comparison. If the exploder fixs are implemented so the bar is not filled every explosion as currently the case for 1 famine then I dont see an issue. 2 famine teams are harder because of the damage requirements but if exploders are corrected the famine balance is restored.

The problem with cycling is broken defensive traits and justices multiplier which counts unfreezable and or impervious. The multiplier should never count those troops regardless of their condition.

Recently on console their were gorgothas fronting the cycle trio with 180 bars. It was absurb.