Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/2-0-arrives/
The wait is over, Patch 2.0 has landed! Get all the details of what’s new and what’s changed below!
* The PVP Menu now has 6 new menus, Ranked, Casual, Stats, Defense, Battle Log and Leaderboard.
- ~ Allows you choose between 3 opponents to earn points for rankings in the weekly event.
- ~ Ranked is played at normal difficulty with the Combo-breaker turned off.
- ~ Allows you choose between 3 opponents for a fun battle that does not affect PvP points or ranking.
- ~ Casual is played at your currently-selected difficulty.
- ~ Casual battles have a slightly reduced reward compared to Ranked battles.
* Stats shows various stats for your PvP Career including:
- ~ Current Tier and rewards for each Tier.
- ~ Current Rank and rewards for with week’s event.
- ~ Current Wins and Losses for Invades and Defenses.
- ~ Favorite Troop for invading.
- ~ Most Invaded Kingdom.
* The old Rank system is still around as the new Tier system (we've just renamed it, since "Rank" now applies to your position on the PvP Ladder).
* Tier Rewards can be collected once when you’ve reached a new tier level.
* Rank Rewards given at the end of an event are based on what rank you were when the event ended.
* Defense menu works the same as before, but now displays the current progress for successful defense rewards.
* Battle Log displays all of your recent battles (invades and defenses), whether you won or lost, and how long ago the battle was.
* Leaderboards show both your current rank as well as the top 100 players in the current weekly event.
* Summoning is no longer limited to a cap of level 15 for troops.
* Summoned troops are now limited by what level you have raised that troop to.
* Summoned troops now gain any team bonuses earned at the start of battle (from Troop type or Kingdom bonuses).
* Summoned troops come in with any trait you have unlocked on the troop.
* Summoning changes do not apply to Arena.
* We’ve added a new social feature to the game: Hero Profiles.
* Hero Profiles allow you to view various information about another player in the game.
* You are able to use the Hero Profile to invite players to your guild or play in a friendly battle.
* Friendly battles do not give out rewards.
* You can access the new Hero Profile menu by tapping on a player’s name in chat or viewing it in the PVP Menus (either from the Leaderboard or Battle Log menus).
* Glacial Peaks has appeared on the map to unlock.
* New troops (including 2 new legendary troops) have been added to chests.
* Glacial Peaks introduces a new spell mechanic: Mana Burn
- ~ Mana Burn deals damage to an enemy based on the enemy’s current mana.
- ~ Mana Burn does not drain Mana from the enemy.
* VIP Chests have had some improvements:
- ~ If you draw an epic card, you will gain 2 epic cards insteadd.
- ~ If you draw a traitstone you gain 2 traitstones instead.
- ~ VIP Chests now also rewards 2000 gold for every chest you open.
* Mythic troops are super rare troops that can drop from Glory, Gem, and VIP chests.
* Mythic troops are the only troops with triple Mana colors.
* Like Legendaries they have a unique 3rd Trait.
* New Mythic Troop- War- has been added to chests.
* Red Chests no longer reward Gold
* Vaults no longer reward Gold and Souls
* Claim All button has been added to the Mail menu, allows you to claim all rewards from mail at once.
* Victory and Defeat Menus has had a visual rework, and now display rewards from battles similar to Treasure Hunt mini game.
* Increased security to reduce amount of hacking with the new PvP changes.
* Mechanist Class’ legendary trait, Clockwork, has been added to the class.
* You can now opt out of Global Chat but still be part of Guild Chat.
* Immortal trait chance has been reduced from 30% to 25%
- Mana cost has been reduced from 14 to 12
* Infernal King is available for refund for 1 week.
Major Bug Fixes
* Game no longer crashes when casting Soothsayer’s spell when there are no purple gems on the board.
* Frenzy should no longer activate multiple times from damage.
* Game should no longer end when a Troop is summoned from final troop’s Trait (such as Daemonic Pact).
* On Hit Traits (Such a Great Maw’s Hunger) should not trigger on multiple troops with large skull cascades.
* Hero Class Troop types should now be working correctly. Hero should now gain benefits/weaknesses from troop type spells/ bonuses.
* Watcher’s Mana drain on status effect now applies to Frozen, Disease and Death Mark.
* AOE Damage will now pop Barrier.
* We believe we have addressed the main cause of Dust Devil crashing after casting his spell.
* Fixed Mist Stalker’s spell so he should be dealing poison as intended.
* Hero Class Magic bonuses should no longer apply in the Arena.
* Gem Mastery bonus from Hero Classes is not included/ displayed on the Gem Mastery Overview screen in the Hero menu.
* AI troops with Blessed and Curse are not activating correctly.