The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

Wouldn’t releasing patch news info before the patch goes live (like pc/mobile) drum up interest for this version of the game?

2 Likes

Treat her mean to keep her keen

We’re not focused on short-term spikes of interest. Our focus is long-term playability & community.

4 Likes

I think Mr. Strange just dropped the mic after that one. :sunglasses: hahaha jk.

1 Like

Short spikes of interest can create long time players, as well as bring back old players.

1 Like

Although I obviously don’t know what to expect for sure, 2.0.1 introduced explore. Console would likely update to 2.0 first, so my guess is that explore mode will not yet be in the next patch, but the PvP changes will. Historically, however, troop changes have been implemented earlier on console to match the PC - so I’d say the changes to troops like maw that were introduced with 2.0.1 will, in fact, be included in the next update, and Glacial Peaks will be included, but we won’t get explore or the newest kingdom. Also, treasure hunt should be updated to eliminate the lower tier rewards for higher chests/vaults, which I believe was an oversight in the last patch. Essentially all we will be missing is the newest kingdom and explore mode, if I’m right, plus of course the newest troops added in 2.0.1. My guess is the update won’t happen until the after the next kingdom is released on console though. I’d be pleased to be wrong though! See also: 2.0 Will Be Arriving Shortly

Well, there is an empty banner slot in the Troops section for PS4 and XB1…

2 Likes

Would be nice to get chat too

1 Like

We might get explore mode because it’s probably an easy thing to code into the game.

1 Like

I think that is more of a guarantee. With console taking a slow and steady approach, i dare say that console will be caught up in the next year or 2. This includes the buffs to troop type, new game mode, and pvp update.

I have a feeling the next patch might be mostly bug fixes, with the expected new troops and kingdoms. I get the impression that the devs aren’t happy with the new pvp mode and want to tweak it more. So we might need to wait on that.

Remember that the ai is seriously broken now, missing matches and not triggering powers as it wants to gather mana types of already dead troops as a priority. And core game mechanics is pretty important.

And lack of information causes disinterest. At the moment I have increased my play time to try level and 1 star all kingdoms. After that I dont see what will keep me playing. Would be nice to know when the fresh content drops; leaving the gane and seeing whats there in 4-6 months is another option

2 Likes

Cross-posting here because this is Console-relevant:

3 Likes

Fair play!

Is it possible to have a link placed somewhere to go back and forth with the PC database?

Would there be much effort in having a drop down for who is currently exclusive to PC.

… love trying to give you work!

If I can find a way to add the functionality without compromising the design or cluttering the experience, I’ll add it. I want to add a persistent main menu somewhere but it’s hard to do that and also keep the layout simple and mobile-friendly.

3 Likes

… -------> Blighted Lands <-------…

1 Like

@Lyya
In the top right corner you have language selection for the relevant option the user wants based on flags. What about the top left corner you use the Xbox One / Ps4 logo, and PC/Apple/Android logo? This gives a choice based on the two datasets

Tomorrow’s Event will be the Kingdom of Blighted Lands. The Event Troop will be Venbarak and the Arcane Traitstone available will be Spirits (Blue/Purple)

Blue/Purple Troops for those Arcane Spirits:
Abhorath
Acolyte
Cthyryzyx
Poison Master
Psion
Revenant
Shadow-Hunter
War Sphinx

UPCOMING: Morthani’s Will, Queen Mab and Winter Wolf

#Event Chests:
Will contain mostly Blighted Lands Troops, featured Legendary is Infernal King.

2 Likes

Updated the list to include Lava Elemental and Fire Lizard

I also added Blighted Lands Troops to @Lyya’s Database for the Console filter.

Nice can’t wait to try infernal king he look great