1.0.8 Preview Part 2 - Upgrading Troops

Gonna need more than a shot…

This would make him my favorite again!!! HELL YEAH!

Oh I see… Thats why I hate kids… I havent sleep either last ~36 hours but for work reasons… I would have notice it was a typo… Sorry! On the other hand… Cutting masteries seems very powerful on paper but lets not forget 5 of-a-kind are guarantee to be a mana surge and with gem color modifier (Such as alchemist and valkyrie) being so popular and cheap, the impact is going to be very little compared probably with other troops’ traistones. Obviusly am just speculating and im as hype as all of you with the upcoming changes. :v:

1 Like

Do the Traits stack? And if they do, is it additive or multiplicative?

IE: Would putting 2 Silent Ones in the team shaves enemy mastery down to a quarter? Or… Completely down to Zero mastery?

I guess they stack multiplicatively, if they do stack at all.

Okay, I’m just a lowly music person, I count to four. What does multiplicatively mean?

It means it reduces the opponent’s masteries to 1 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 instead of 1 - 0.5 - 0.5 = 0.

3 Likes

Strangely enough, Jinx (Halve enemy masteries.) is the only trait to effect an overall stat via percentage, so it’s the only one that’ll need testing on it’s stacking capabilities.

I look forward to what people discover but my guess is it’s not accumulative.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I would pay $10 and pay back the souls gained to get my disenchanted legendaries back.

I’ve trashed 2 or 3 extra silent ones. :cry:

Also, the businessman in me says the best way to maximize profits would be

1. Make current keys valuable enough to be worth opening pre-patch.

2. Make new keys enticing enough that players want to get them NOW to keep up.

3. Profit from key-depleted players.

Which I’m honestly fine with, as long as we get a clear warning if held keys will be overall losing value. I haven’t had a good reason to put money into the game in a while, and I do want to support it in return for the hundreds of hours of entertainment it’s given.

I had understood it reduced the ‘masteries’ not the % chance of mana surge (i.e. the result from mastery).

We know that chance of mana surge goes up quickly at the start, but slower the higher mastery you get.

So, if for example you have 200 mastery (equating to ~66% chance of mana surge), then halving masteries to 100, would not result in a 33% chance of mana surge. I think it would be higher.

I can’t recall what the chance of mana surge was when mastery equals 100. Can someone who is around 100 mastery confirm their mana surge chance (from the hero page)?

If I remember correctly, the chance is equal to the mastery level divided by itself plus 100. Or, M / (M + 100). So if M = 200, its 200/300 = 66%. Halving the mastery level would be 100/200 = 50%. In that case its about a quarter less effective. Lower level masteries will be hit harder overall by this mechanic.

Then again, lower level players are less likely to meet troops with this ability. (Granted, not being in a guild will have significant impact.)

It all balances out really. No matter how much halving your masteries counts for, it’ll never be truly halving your mana surge chance. So it’s a surprisingly fair trait to play against, but also worthwhile to use.

On the video, one can see that Scarlett have a +2 bonus to all STATS with Acsension.
An epic troop requires 2 Ascension.
Can we conclude that each Ascension gives +1 to all STATS?

I’m sure it actually scales with a given troop’s stats. As in, Slime would get proportionally more health and little or no armor. I could be wrong, hope I’m not.

Scarlett has much more Life than Armor. So if ascension bonus is specific to each troop, normally she should have more life bonus :wink: . I assume…
I’m pleased that you also use the word “stats” and not “skills” to talk about attack/life/armor/magic :stuck_out_tongue: .

If they don’t change it at some point, I will be … upset? Depressed? Exasperated? Pick one or more.

Correct. At all masteries 100, the chance was exactly 50%, as I recall.

This is correct - standard ‘diminishing returns’ maths trick.

Incoming Math!

We’re making a change to the diminishing return formula in 1.0.8
The end result is about identical returns for masteries up to about 50, but it drops off just a little after that point… for example at mastery level 100, it is about 5% lower. We’ve found that exceedingly high level players are getting just a few more mana surges than we would like.

If you think of a diminishing return formula as:

CHANCE = (LIMIT * MASTERY) / (MASTERY + DECAY)

We currently have LIMIT = 1 & DECAY = 100
We’re going to change to LIMIT = 0.73 & DECAY = 62

When we graph the differences in the mana surge chance we get the following

That’s a fairly small change… if you have masteries around the 150 mark, then every 10 matches would give you 5 surges instead of 6.