Wulfgarok tweak suggestion

Change invigorated to arcane. I believe this would be enough of a change to help him do more damage as the battle goes on. Right now I feel that his magic and spell damage are too low. This way as the battle goes on he can do more damage instead of relying on skulls.

I would like a bigger buff than this but something as simple as this change could make him much more useful.

8 Likes

Good suggestion. I have to agree, I also hope that his 3rd trait will get even better as well.

2 Likes

He’s fine as he is.

The changes you suggest begin to remove the strategy in using him to greatest effect.

2 Likes

adding 1 damage every time an ally casts hardly changes his strategy.

1 Like

Yes it does. It makes it far easier for him to trigger the devour effect.

Mitigating the need to strategically skull bash or spell damage troops by using other units first.

That’s a massive change to the strategy behind utilising him.

3 Likes

He has a very strong ability already - a free devour if kills troop. Not 40% chance like other devour, a 100% chance for free as long as 1 requirement met (he do the killing blow). If you are using Wulfgarok just for his damage shot, then you using him wrong. You are meant to play him for his devour ability.

2 Likes

strategy to wait to cast another troop x-1 times before wulfgarok instead of casting that other troop x times then casting wulfgarok is not bad, especially since usually casting the same x times (with various of units to choose from) would usually already kill as many units as the 1+1 wulfgarok would kill - if not more then that

i like this buff suggestion, great idea :+1:

2 Likes

His damage is pretty underwhelming. Enough so that the devour rarely matters.

1 Like

You’re really not using him or a team around him correctly then imo.

I frequently use the most popular one: Fenrir / Warden + Mang / Wulfy / FG. Granted, it’s not 4x wargare, but even with 4x wargare the damage is still not very impressive. It’s basically a “finisher” only. You end up sitting on it for much of the game until it can finish something off. But usually, by the time it’s filled, you’ve already kill 1-2 things with FG’s spell and the victory is inevitable. But I never use it as a “damage spell” (b/c the damage is low and it has a high casting cost).

If that’s what’s necessary to keep it balanced due to the devour then I guess I can accept that, but I know that in the way Wulfy is normally played the spell is pretty lackluster.

1 Like

I see 2 possible boosts:

1. Because it is really annoying that the random troop has a Barrier, add a dispel effect before devouring like Black Beast: Wulfgarok didn’t need a nerf like Kerberos (in fact, no other “Devourer” need it…).

2. Increase his damage when he doesn’t devour… something like that:
    Deal [Magic + 2] damage to an enemy, boosted by Wargare Allies. If the enemy dies, devour a random enemy. If the enemy survives, deal [Magic + 2] damage to a random enemy, boosted by Wargare Allies.[4x]

3 Likes

My problem with Wulfgarok is that it is so expensive that he can’t compete with Famine.

If you want to tweak Wulfgarok, lower its cost.

1 Like

Wulf, FG, Wulf, Wulf. My current favorite team. I call it Nice Doggy. It rarely loses.

3 Likes

Seriously, how many folks have three wulfy? My Mrs has two and that’s pretty unusual.

Yep, can confirm. :+1:t2: This is what I did when I got a third one last week.

It is the only use for three of them, I’ve found so far. :grin:

Actually, I have four.

3 Likes

I have 4 abynissia, but I’d like a pair of wulves!

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, I have 0 Abys. :smile:

1 Like