The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: 4 vs 13

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, polls are located at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best-of-whatever? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • Each Troop is linked to @Lyya’s beautifully-created Troop List, which contains information like stats and traits

#FIRST ROUND: DonBoba vs. Tacet

User: @DonBoba

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Celestasia
Runesmith
Paladin
Rowanne

Team Bonus:

Lord of Devas: All Troops gain 2 Armor for having 2 unique Whitehelm Troops

VS.

User: @Tacet

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Golem
Cyclops
Dryad
Star Gazer

Team Bonus:

None

• DonBoba

• Tacet

0 voters

LINKS:
Draft
Video
1v16
2v15
3v14
5v12
6v11
7v10
8v9

The last two digits for the Redeem Code are: YU

Golem armor destroying vs two troops dependent on armor, fun. :wink:

Edit: Since you are going on the edit wars. I too will edit my first comment. Here is a list of reasons why I would easily win on top of the fact that you are using armor dependent troops vs one of the best armor reduces in the entire game:

• You have 1 board control troop, I have 3.
  • Star Gazer will remove all blue gems, which is a vital color to your team.
  • Your Rowanne is 100% blocked from colors and your Paladin is 50% blocked.
  • Your team takes forever to get running requiring 11-14 mana whereas mine takes 8-11
  • 50% skull reduction makes Golem and Celestasia do the same amount of damage. Add a first cast Star Gazer and I am doing more damage.
  • Golem can fill his mana in one turn
  • Golem reduces your armor by 4-9 depending on the number of browns available. Even a 1 armor regen per turn can’t outpace a Golem doing that every 1-2 turns.
  • Dryad does MORE overall healing than Celestasia.
  • I have 2 2x blessed, which easily close the level gap
  • Cyclops starts off with an ability doing 13 damage. Star gazer will raise that to 17-23 from the very first turn if so chosen. He will get even more attack from frenzy.
  • Cyclop’s big + Dryad’s hp gain, heal, shield, and gems spawn will make Cyclops into a 1 shooting unsinkable force. Your Paladin can’t target it down due to mana blockage. Even if it did, Dryad will shield and heal it.
  • You have no good manas to take. Your team is built around taking blue and yellows. You can’t take blues because of Star Gazer. you’ll have trouble taking yellows since I can just explode them or take them myself for Dryad, who will refill Star Gazer
3 Likes

Celestasia could beat your 15/16 level team alone really :wink:
Like I said this alone:

Can beat your whole team:

And:

So this is basically your only argument? Did you know that paladin and rowanne both have their third trait?
Now what it does:
“Recover 1 armor at the start of each turn”
Sorry but your tactics to destroy my armor ain’t going to work.
He will be dead long before he can tone down their armor. But you might get really lucky and win :wink:

And last but not least the single most important difference between our teams? You could run my team in game and beat any opponent, you couldn’t do the same with Tacets team.

1 Like

Main problem with tacet’s team is that his troops are so low in level, and will die before they start doing anything.
And what’s good about my team? My last 2 guys need 2-3 shots to wipe his whole team. My paladin will one shot that little level 15 golem.
And celestasia is a class of her own. Barrier, plus refilling everyone.

1 Like

Regardless of assuming all troops are level 20 or not, all the team would have to do is keep buffing Cyclops with Star Gazer and shielding Golem with Dryad. Golem will cast removing armor from all of DonBoba’s troops. Celestasia’s shield DOES NOT block armor reduction. The armor reduction will reduce her armor even when a shield is active. The 1 skull hit my Golem’s explosion will constantly remove Celestasia’s barrier. Golem can also have full mana in a single brown match surge making Celestasia’s shield near useless. Once the shield is done, Cyclops’ buffed attack will 1 shot the Celestasia and will move along doing the same for every troop on Donboba’s team until Tacet wins.

There is also the fact that none of your armor dependent troops will have armor to use for their ability. Ruensmith is a very weak buffer that waists a turn due to no board manipulation. Both Dryad and Star Gazer’s buff can net an extra turn when used at the right time.

1 Like

Rules said our troops are of the level that’s equal to their rarirty. So your golem is level 15. So he is a one hit wonder for my pally :slight_smile:
Yeah your strategy sounds nice, but your golem will die to fast anyway to even start doing what you planed :slight_smile:

Rules never specified levels. The rules for levels is that people can assume the troop to be whatever level they wish. The only rule is that all troops must be assumed to have all traits. Reread the guidelines.

Actually the rules did specify the levels this time. Check out the first post in the draft thread.

2 Likes

He buffs more armor then your golem takes. If he is a weak buffer that makes your golem even weaker debuffer. . Plus my lil friend gives attack too.

Oh, that is correct.My bad.

A few levels doesn’t change much though. If anything that makes BonBoba’s team weaker since Paladin and Rowanne will be dealing extremely minimal damage.

I also have 2 troops with blessed, which is essentially +2 levels right there stat-wise.

1 Like

Killing your whole team in 3 shots is extremely minimal damage? :open_mouth:

Interesting how close this one is!

3 Likes

Your banner is yellow/blue. The quickest you can fill a troop is Celestasia with 2 moves PLUS both of those moves have to be a surge. Golem fills in 1 move if it is a surge instead of your 2. Golem can use his ability to get an extra turn and cast his ability around 2-3 times before Celestasia even sees a first cast. Celestasia is also blocking a lot of your mana color until she becomes operational.

When the competitors get right into the lobbying and debating their team’s merits, the voting tends to be close :wink:

3 Likes

On top of all my guys get +2 armor, not just because they are awesome (but they are)

Armor for everyone

More armor won’t do much to the biggest armor counter in the game, Golem.

Besides did I mention that paladin kills him in 1 shot? :slight_smile:

How do you plan to fill that Paladin so quickly? You are blocking half of his mana and ALL of Rowanne’s mana. Golem will demolish their armor before they see the light of day. Also, a level 16 Paladin only does 15 damage, only 4 at 0 armor. You can only 2 shot. I can easily barrier and heal with Dryad before you can think about a 2nd shot.

Heh, I voted before I read any of this stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

So this is basically your only argument? Did you know that paladin and rowanne both have their third trait?
Now what it does:
“Recover 1 armor at the start of each turn”
And also celestasia has blessed too. Sorry but your tactics to destroy my armor ain’t going to work.