The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: 8 vs 9

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, polls are located at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best-of-whatever? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • Each Troop is linked to @Lyya’s beautifully-created Troop List, which contains information like stats and traits

#FIRST ROUND: Yonizaf vs. Grimmorith

User: @yonizaf

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Goblin
Crimson Bat
Shadow Dragon
Keeper of Souls

Team Bonus:

None

VS.

User: @Grimmorith

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Knight Coronet
Druid
Templar
Lance Knight

Team Bonus:

Maester of Water: +25 Water Mastery

Knight Captain: All Troops gain 2 Armor and 1 Attack for having 3 unique Knight Troops

Lord of Blades: All Troops gain 2 Armor for having 2 unique Sword’s Edge Troops

• Yonizaf

• Grimmorith

0 voters

LINKS:
Draft
Video
1v16
2v15
3v14
4v13
5v12
6v11
7v10

The last two digits for the Redeem Code are: YU

1 Like

This one was difficult to pick. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

A vote for Team WTF is a vote world peace!:smiley:

1 Like

WTF indeed you crazy squirrel!

2 Likes

Please be sure to keep in mind that almost every match of gems is a mana surge for my team and if you also keep mind in fully traited…ouch. Death comes swiftly to all!

There is also the board manipulation and sheer damage output.

Feel free to run Team Wtf in game, once you get the hang of it you will rejoice!

1 Like

Please be sure to keep in mind that my team has 2 troops who deal true damage, while the opponent has 2 troops that add armor… totally useless!

Also his Knight Coronet’s stoneskin is of little value, since my team is heavy on spell damage.

Knight Coronet and Druid will dispatch Goblin and Keeper of Souls right off the bat and can mop up the rest shortly after.

Templar help ensure Crimson Bat remains mana starved and lance Knight gets to sit around looking pretty.

Shadow dragon dps is a mere “shadow” of the damage output by Knight Coronet and Druid.

My entire team is full mana round two at the latest and my opponents 1st and 4th slots are empty by round three at the latest, more often then not both are empty round two.

You keep forgetting true damage. My damage output is actually much higher than yours if you consider the fact that Crimson Bat hits all enemies for true damage.

Your Knight Coronet will go down with two casts from either Crimson Bat or Shadow Dragon. This will seriously hurt your damage output, since you only have 2 damage dealers and I have 4.

In contrast, your Druid will need 4 casts to kill my Bat, if he was even able to target him consistently (which he can’t), while Coronet is stuck hitting the Goblin (which was put there for that very reason). if you happen to kill the goblin, then Crimson Bat starts dealing double skull damage.

Be sure to vote for Team WTF! You know you want too!

Support the tournament and all the hard work that was put into it! Hell be sure to sign up for the next!

Good luck to all participants and thank you @TaliaParks for making this all possible!

Be sure to vote everyone!

Who doesn’t like a knight in shining armor? Vote team WTF and support your local knights!

I think the squirrel will crack this nut. :wink:
The first team has no synergy and a high mana cost except for the Goblin.

1 Like

I want to face the legendary team but it seems like impossibility therfore i vote for other guy.

Vote team WTF.

If you want to vote for a fun, entertaining team that is not PC, team WTF is the team for you!

Think outside the box…
Break outside of the box…

Vote team WTF, the anti-sheeple team😃

3 Likes

Vote vote vote! You know you want too!

1 Like

Oh shiney! Vote now, baaaaah!

1 Like

Team 8: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/goblin,crimson-bat,shadow-dragon,keeper-of-souls,c20
Team 9: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/knight-coronet,druid,templar,lance-knight,c20

3 Likes

51 votes and the result is 50:50? Wtf? That’s not possible.And by this I ment that 51 votes cant result in 50:50, it could be 49:51 or 51:49, but odd numbers can’t result in 50:50.

1 Like

Because of how the poll calculates percentages, the top choice is always rounded up and the bottom choice is always rounded down.

So a 2-1 vote poll would show 67%-33% while 1-2 vote poll would show 34%-66%.

So what that means is if you did the math, it’s 49.x% (rounds up to 50%)-50.x% (rounds down to 50%).

Or in other words, @Grimmorith is leading by 1 vote at the moment.

Edit: And the moment passed as @yonizaf landed the next 3 in row to be back up by 2. In any event, the reason for why it did look like that is still true.

1 Like

Everyone please vote here and on the other threads as well. If you already voted thank you.

Oh and vote team WTF!

Because…well because I said so. Wha? Why? Because…BECAUSE! Sheesh…