The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: 3 vs 14

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, polls are located at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best-of-whatever? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • Each Troop is linked to @Lyya’s beautifully-created Troop List, which contains information like stats and traits

#FIRST ROUND: Machiknight vs. PowerPlay

User: @Machiknight

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Gorgotha
Deep Borer
Rock Worm
Emperina

Team Bonus:

King of Stone: All Troops gain 6 Life and 4 Armor for having 4 unique Khaziel Troops

VS.

User: @PowerPlay

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Herdmaster
Banshee
Sheggra
Elwyn

Team Bonus:

None

• Machiknight

• PowerPlay

0 voters

LINKS:
Draft
Video
1v16
2v15
4v13
5v12
6v11
7v10
8v9

The last two digits for the Redeem Code are: YU

1 Like

This truly is a momentous event. I thought that I would be loathe to participate in such a thing, but once again My Lady was correct. I have always enjoyed directing a battle, and this was no different, I was fighting against another smart and capable general on equal footing, and with powerful opponents.

I knew however that this was my battle to win. His most powerful troop was wasted on the toughness of Gorgotha. I could feel the battle going my way.

I stood before the crowd and urged them to clap and cheer with every strong blow from my team. Whipping them into a frenzy and filling my troops with confidence.

2 Likes

I don’t see a way for machiknight to be defeated by his opponent. My vote goes to machi.

2 Likes

My main tactic is to Pop off Deep Borer and Gorgotha until Emperina is filled up, then keep generating browns until both Gorgotha and Emperina are full, and sit on them until needed. At that point its a looping game with Rock worm and Deep borer, occasionally exploding Gorgotha if needed.

If all troops are filled Ill Pop off Emperina buffing gorgotha to capitlize on possible random skull drops, then repeat my previous steps.

1 Like

Its kind of unfortunate really - perfectly good Sheggra team comp, runs straight into Gorgotha.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly

Sheggra provides Skulls sure, but the rest of @PowerPlay’s team deal Spell damage, for which Gorgotha has no way to reduce.

1 Like

Except for the healing provided by Emperina.

TL;DR: Gorgotha OP!

Looks like we know Pony’s first choice for a ban pick.

2 Likes

“Yeah, motherbucking Gorgotha! Lock that in for next series!”

1 Like

Unless he wins… And he keeps the team.

Also…

You forget that with all the explosions, more often than not either Banshee or Sheggra’s gonna be fully charged, and either way, I’ll be putting a dent into Gorgotha, be it from Banshee’s spell damage or Sheggra’s skull bunches. On top of that, I personally always go for board manipulation spells when there’s a 4 or more to be gained from it and that gives me a free Sheggra cast. My strategy is basically to take out Gorg as fast as possible. Then everything dies. If I somehow make it out of this I’m taking it all home because there will be no more Gorg. And besides… sometimes the board craps on even the most OP teams :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is unfortunate for you we faced each other first, surely you would have made it further if not for a massive skull generator going against Gorgotha. You fight with honor.

2 Likes

Do you think if I had that very team I drafted, against the one you drafted, that I would be able to realistically defeat you? I would probably get craploads of gold if so.

1 Like

My friend, if I but had a way to send you gold ingame, I would.

I feel like this is all my fault.

1 Like

You’re a bad person and you should feel bad.

But dont really. I had other plans for not having Gorgotha.

Team 3: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/gorgotha,deep-borer,rock-worm,emperina,c20
Team 14: http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/herdmaster,banshee,sheggra,elwyn,c20

1 Like

Whoa, how’d you do that?!