Silent One needs Re-working

The Silent One

1. Magic doesnt help him in any way
  2. Why does he Silence himself?

Everything about him sucks. Why have we not addressed some of the original Legendaries and how they pale to epics and rare cards?

4 Likes

I used him last week to great effect. Just saying.

2 Likes

As did i. 10 character

2 Likes

Because he would be stupidly broken if he didn’t.
He is a great disabler and fantastic in GW battles.

6 Likes

Absolutely great in GW. He may not fit in with a lot of the meta teams but he fits well in 4-color GW teams.

3 Likes

Also nice to get on a random summon

1 Like

Because, a very long time ago, he was OP and has been nerfed.

12 Likes

6 Likes

Silent One has been nerfed about 3-4 times over the years. I do feel it should do something with its magic though.

The reason it silences itself is it is waaay too spamy if it doesn’t. You can also negate this by mana generating your Silent One with either Herdmaster or Mercy.

2 Likes

I am fine with the silencing himself
but Magic is pointless with him. I feel like all troops should have Magic effect them somehow.

I like him right now too in that I use him in conjunction with Humility. I am just saying he seems to be missing something.

2 Likes

It was the only way to balance him lol. Used to cost 18 mana or something as well
 the thing was just too easy to lock down teams with.

3 Likes

+1 @Eika impractical jokers is my favorite show!!

1 Like

Silent One is fine.

Doesn’t need something to do with a magic stat. There are dozens of troops with zero magic scaling. Someone with better resources than me and not on a cranky tablet can probably create a list.

2 Likes

Maybe because he was way too powerful back then?
About TSO, I mostly had fun using him with Humility and Alchemist so he’s okay for a legendary troop.

@Ozball sounds like you have a requestâ˜ș

2 Likes

Those are the troops that have 0 magic gained per level.

4 Likes

The “silence himself” thing is actually good. Put him in the top spot, charge him up quickly, and when he’s Silenced the rest of the team gets the mana he would have otherwise blocked. Plus he still silences the first enemy of you’ve traited him all the way, even if he’s silenced.

TSO is an incredibly powerful dude if used properly.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s why he works for GW. Once he casts he no longer blocks mana.

2 Likes