One for the PC/mobile guys

Oh there is no lack of famine…
Kerby seems to have taken a drop though?

Casper is in my guild, he’s doing well despite not having been playing the game for as long as many in this thread. We’re in the top bracket on ps4, so he’s probably feeling a bit more pressure than some folks.
We all make mistakes, the amount of extra turns I miss is worrying and on green day I played ten games on two accounts with red teams! Some GL eh?
He’s tried to show folks something and some people haven’t exactly been accommodating shall I say, one even dismissing its without watching it. That’s like saying a book is rubbish without reading it!
Anyway, this is good because he’ll maybe take a little bit more care with his gw battles!
Joking aside, let’s hope we soon get a level playing field across the board.
Regards
Daniel

3 Likes

[quote=“Dan_ozzzy189, post:62, topic:25615, full:true”]
Casper is in my guild, he’s doing well despite not having been playing the game for as long as many in this thread. We’re in the top bracket on ps4, so he’s probably feeling a bit more pressure than some folks.
We all make mistakes, the amount of extra turns I miss is worrying and on green day I played ten games on two accounts with red teams! Some GL eh? [/quote]
We have a few lower level players in our guild too, and they put far more pressure on themselves than we want them to. And I’ve seen plenty of venting in our guild chat too, we all have bad/unlucky days (mine was today :frowning: ), but it’s definitely harder for those thrown in the deep end.

[quote=“Dan_ozzzy189, post:62, topic:25615, full:true”]
He’s tried to show folks something and some people haven’t exactly been accommodating shall I say, one even dismissing its without watching it.[/quote]
I assume you’re referring to me, since I’m the only one who stated they didn’t watch it :wink: . But as stated it was unnecessary, because I saw the length of the video, and a short clip is insufficient to make judgements of the type which seemed to be claimed in the OP. Subsequent civil conversations have shown that the poster wasn’t meaning to claim what seemed to be claimed, and the fact that we were able to have a reasonable debate to get there seems “accommodating” to me. I have tried to ask questions and keep an open-mind in this thread and others, but I won’t simply concede proof where this is none, and will continue to ask for explanations, details, and extended video where possible (that seemed to work here and furthered the discussion). So hopefully you’re just mixing your comments about others with those about me (but as always, if anybody really thinks I’m out of bounds in any thread, PM me).

4 Likes

What is unnecessary are the comments of PC/mobile players saying that they need more proofs… Console players post videos, you can believe them or not it’s up to you.

As @Gouki said, devs already answered about this real issue:

1 Like

If somebody posts a video of a dog and says it proves cats exists, what should I believe? A video proves what’s in the video, not any claim made and posted with the video just because they’re together. And personally I like the videos for more than just “proof”, for example I learned a bunch about the console AI from @Stan’s videos, far more than a short clip would show. Having a reasonable conversation involves having a common frame of reference, that’s all I’m asking for…

If you’ve noticed, I’m questioning the devs there too. Again, just trying to understand things better. :wink: EDIT: And they just responded, and clarified that it’s NOT a cascade issue.

About cascade, devs said that they will check the difference between PC and console.
EDIT: as @beanie42 mentionned this information is coming from my interpretation of this comment:

Could you provide a link to that dev quote, please? Because if it’s the thread I’m thinking of, Salty only said they would review the Unity code, not that they would “check the difference” (since testing the old code would be pointless, although you pushed for it).

1 Like

Maybe this one? Sounds like the devs are saying that, based on how gem spawners work, in the Unity code base they are more prone to cascading because they won’t overwrite gems of the created color. That would affect cascades for both the player and the AI, presumably.

1 Like

As I was talking about the difference just before her reply, I assume it was somewhat connected with this difference. I could be wrong so I will modify my post ;-).

[quote=“Lyya, post:68, topic:25615, full:true”]
Maybe this one? Sounds like the devs are saying that, based on how gem spawners work, in the Unity code base they are more prone to cascading because they won’t overwrite gems of the created color. That would affect cascades for both the player and the AI, presumably.[/quote]
That Justice issue sounds painful, but I don’t think it covers the majority of cascade complaints I’ve read historically. If it is just that, it sucks that it hasn’t been described that way until this week, but awesome in that it seems fairly trivial to fix.

1 Like