List of Quality of Life Improvements

Super minor, but I’d love it if the mastery upgrades presented when you level always listed the higher one on a given side. At this point I just want to keep them even and it’s annoying to have to go check each time.

2 Likes

Maybe I don’t understand what you’re saying, or maybe this is a console issue? When you level up on mobile, you see the colors you can choose from as well as the current bonus for all of your colors. Is that what you mean?

Sure. But sometimes the higher one is on the right, and sometimes the higher one is on the left. If it were consistent I could click without thinking.

When given the “upgrade mastery” menu upon Levelling up, he wants his mana masteries sorted by lowest to highest so he can always see the one “he would like to upgrade” is shown in the same area of the UI

Bad suggestion IMO

Oh, I get it now, thank you. I too think it’s a bad suggestion but I try not to be the arbiter of such things in this thread. My only real concern is preventing the thread from meandering away from QoL concerns.

I really should’ve started a “Studs’ Ranked List of QoL Improvements” so I could rank order everyone’s suggestions based on my own personal preference.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother. The devs listen, but they don’t allow players to dictate the direction of the game. I say put the concerns in a list, as you have helpfully done here, keep updating it and hope good things come!

1 Like

Why is it “bad”? It’s minor, it doesn’t affect game play. It certainly would increase my QoL.

Nope, I see your confusion. I just want the two choices given listed in a consistent order. Lower on one side, Higher on the other.

I would love if we just had the option for level up with masteries to auto choose the lowest valued one, to keep them equal.

Maybe a toggle in the settings… I dislike the masteries choice as I’m OCD about it as well. always trying to keep them equal.

3 Likes

Your entry 38 doesn’t read to me like what I am asking. Of the two choices available when leveling, I would like the lower one to be shown on the right, and the higher one on the left.

1 Like

I’d be happy with this, but I think it’s far less likely. That’s why I just want them to be consistent with the presentation.

I don’t find your suggestion “bad” per se. I take issue with the level-up mastery determination itself.

1. The only “right answer” is to level all mysteries equally. Stacking only three colors, for example, severely hampers you down the road.
  2. It presents the illusion of choice, as if asking you to specialize, at a point in the game where people have no clear picture of endgame performance of each color (or more accurately, that flexibility is more important than specialization).
  3. There is no way to correct for your mistakes short of recognizing and slowly course-correcting as you go along.

I feel the game should just assign you masteries as you level, keeping them balanced along the way. As a gameplay mechanic, I think I can see what niche they were intended to occupy, but I don’t feel they serve the purpose well.

9 Likes

Perfect response.

I fully agree the game should just take your level / colors (6) and that should be your mastery %, then add in other bonuses on top of that.

The illusion of choice can only hurt players, especially newer players.

1 Like

Because most people expect the same UI elements to be in the same place every time.

But I want the power! I want to tell people their idea is bad and therefore they are bad!

8 Likes

Don’t worry Studs i’m sure you’ll have another chance. I know the power is inside of you!

1 Like

I actually intentionally went way unbalanced around level 200 to earn weapons more rapidly. Then once that was over, I evened them out. So it can be useful, but not hugely. In the old guild system I used to wonder what would happen if you started a guild and called it “purple” and then only advanced in that. The caps on mastery would defeat it, but otherwise it would have been mildly interesting.

1 Like

You don’t understand my suggestion.

I think I agree. Perhaps you can explain it in more detail?

I fully agree and have added this to the bullet.

I loved the old school isometric, turn-based RPGs (“Infinity engine” games) back in the day but the one place where their design really suffered was much the same as here. It was very possible to level up characters early on, when you had little clue what you were doing, and eventually hit a wall where your characters had no hope of progressing. I think the worst offender was Arcanum. I loved that game but I swear there was only one way your could build your character at the outset or else you couldn’t get past the first two battles.