Legendary tasks undid the entire (claimed) point of the guild update and has made leading a guild a miserable exercise in frustration

On console, it took me forever to figure out how to add a troop to my army. There’s no drag and drop and when you only have one team slot, it isn’t obvious that you need to “open” the team before you can recruit into it. At least, it wasn’t obvious for me or my wife.

Dang it @KrudlerTheHorse, are you deleting your posts again?

My name is KrudlerTheHorse and I’m a delete-aholic.

I am literally writing an uBlock rule to have the delete button hidden. Because I have a problem.

1 Like

So… here’s the thing with this whole LT thing.

As stated - it’s for a statistically insignificant portion of the player base.

So… if you’re asking the devs to waste time on said statistically insignificant portion of the player base without doing it in a way that adds something for everyone else, then you’re just being greedy over pixels.

Here’s the thing. A lot of features of this game apply to a statistically insignificant portion of the player base. Arena, mythic troops, VIP levels greater than 3, etc.

However, all of these features are accessible to EVERY player, depending on how and how much they choose to play. Just because one player (or many players) will never access legendary tasks, doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be available for the many players that would and do access them. Legendary tasks were originally put in place due to the dead-end effect that the 2.0 update created, which many players found to be demotivating, and it seems to me a reasonable compromise.

Edit to add: already considering pulling a Krudler.

8 Likes

##$^#$^%?$^*

I need more ****ing likes!

6 Likes

You can always come back and like me tomorrow.

Alternatively, go Hate a post and maybe you’ll get an extra +1 for the day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stop! I want to like both of those posts too but I can’t. People around here need to stop being so funny.

2 Likes

So… greedy for pixels it is

Yes, such horrible persons all gathered together to viciously bicker over pixels!
Run to the hills and never come back if you want to find peace and happiness!

1 Like

And almost Trumpish in their fragility.

2 Likes

Oh boy…this was actually a fun read filled with twists and turns…where to start…

As the unlucky guy in @ogunther 's guild (super active player…not a single winter imp…amazing) I’m fully aware of just how brutal RNG can be. I’m working towards Boba levels of Draakulis (5 for me) and am missing 9 troops. The only thing I can do is cry to my guildmates and move on.

When it comes to the revolving door…it’s definitely like a business. If you’re paying all your employees $10 and hour and one of them is massively over performing and sees the store next door hiring for $10.50 for the same exact job, they’ll take that job.

Unless you have loyalty, right? Well loyalty needs to be instilled, and nurtured. We at Hoguns are a “family” because we have our discord, we talk daily, and we constantly look at the state of affairs. Some are more active than others, and those are your loyal members. But because we have a sense of camaraderie, we stick together because we’d rather play with a cast of friendly likable people than two or three extra crummy LTs. Do we still lose members? Of course. Generally due to burnout. Or life getting in the way. Sometimes for bigger guilds. But we make it clear from the outset that we aren’t that hardcore guild. And if that’s what a player is looking for, they should keep looking.

One thing I didn’t read in this whole thing…(correct me if I’m wrong but) have you considered raising your requirements? You obviously play at a very high level and desire for members that are like-minded. Recruit only those who have that mindset. I’ve seen start-ups cruise through the rankings. And it’s not from having requirements like your guild or ours. It’s from massive requirements. Then you’re dealing with players who want to push for those really high rewards.

Just my two cents…though that was a bit of a ramble.

4 Likes

I dont understand whole things on this thread.
But I think some points should be updated though, this game is pretty going well.
I dont understand why are you so upset about LT and top guilds.
I think Its fair results. They played more and got better rewards.
This game is enough to kind, community and devs.
Devs , especially , talk to users frequently and friendly. And make many effort to do this game better.

1 Like

The “top players” were bitching that they didn’t get enough.

So yeah…!

Get out.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Let me try to rewrite my post into one cohesive thought. :smiley:

-Delete inactive guilds in the system
-Saluki’s idea of maybe limiting guild creation to a certain level like 200.
-Create events that promote guild unity which gives you some kind of bonus. (not materials as we have them now)
-Let Guild Leaders reward their players somehow through something visual or some other bonus. Which would allow them to reward for loyalty. Similar to how on our profiles it tells how long we’ve been in a guild, but it should actually do something in the guild. Kind of like how forum birthdays work now or an “employee of the month,” type of thing. :smiley:

Once you get to a top-tier position in the guild through promotion, currently there’s no other way for a Guild Leader to show appreciation for a player’s effort and loyalty.

6 Likes

I wanted to put in my two cents as well and I have not sat and read every reply currently up so sorry in advance.
I agree with the original post. I am a guild leader and have been since before the major changes to guilds. I feel like we have lost the guild feeling. Now it just looks like I’m looking at numbers and letters. I mean, they even took away the character portraits unless you click on the person then click a submenu to see their profile. Sorry, but I just don’t unless I’m specifically needing to check on something and then I’m not even paying attention to the character. (Yes a minor complaint but it just ties in with the feeling of loss of connection in the guild). It just seems like it’s been made harder to feel a connection to guild mates and definitely the revolving door feeling. I do not get to play as much as I would like to and I don’t like having to spend most of that time recruiting. Guild officers are pretty much obsolete because they basically can’t do anything compared to the old system. It’s gotten better since I started using Discord for my guild but why should I have to use a separate program to get the same feeling of connection to the guild that I had pre-update?
I don’t personally care about the legendary thing but I definitely see the issues. I do not know what the answers are and frankly it’s not my job to figure it out but it certainly saddens me to not feel the same about my guild that I spent so much time and energy building up.
I agree with @HKdirewolf about implementing a system for guild leaders to be able to reward players. There are so many times I want to do something for my guild and using real money is just not always an option.
Maybe re-work the guild ranks so promoting someone in the guild actually means something and isn’t just an empty title.
I hope there are changes coming for the better for the guilds because as of right now it just isn’t the same.

3 Likes