Legendary tasks undid the entire (claimed) point of the guild update and has made leading a guild a miserable exercise in frustration

Yeah great ideas, I was thinking something like that. A guild wide bonus or a system where the Guild Leader can give someone/multiple people an active bonus.

It obviously wouldn’t be anything major, but I’d rather see bonuses as opposed to straight up rewards. Because in the end the rewards wouldn’t be enough anyways. It’s just a way to celebrate as a guild and promote guild unity.

I’d also like to see some kind of activity the guild can work towards together and perhaps get a global emblem or bragging right. Just more ideas on guild unity. :slight_smile:

Gold bonus, or soul gain, or xp gain would work for great bonuses as well though. Something that’s fairly usable, but isn’t too substantial.

Imagine doing an targeted activity together as a guild, and working towards getting something like an exclusive guild emblem? That only guilds that work hard together can get.

beside the whole guild bonuses and personal rewards -

i think adding in shop option for leader to buy something to reward member is another good idea
(or for that matter option for a member to buy something for another member, restricting it to leader alone would be a stretch)

about guild activities as a whole, for now i am looking at the guild wars…

but yeah beside that maybe a pve so guild raids? :slight_smile: some day

also i think very cool would be a version of “console tasks” given to guild as a whole!

in fact ill try later today put all of the stuff i mentioned here in one feature request thread

2 Likes

Yeah besides buying the guild chest keys for your whole guild, I doubt they’ll add anything more. But it would be definitely cool. They could just put a buying symbol in the guild roster next to each player’s name. So if you click it, anything you buy just goes to that player.

I’m looking forward to Guild Wars as well. The possibilities are endless. We just have to wait in anticipation. :smile:

3 Likes

They could do something like the events we have now. For one week your guild kills purple/red/blue/etc. troops together to work toward some sort of traceable goal. If completed your guild gets a special bonus. Or for one week your guild works together to take down a fixed enemy team. Complete that so many times in a week and you get a special bonus or emblem or bragging right.

That’s still separate but together in the best way possible, while still promoting unity. It’s probably as close to raiding as we could get in this game.

Each week would have a different story theme. The curse of Queen Mab, The rise and fall of Valkyrie, Imp Madness, etc. Just to give some simple examples.

2 Likes

For me, the numbers just don’t add up.

In the past few weeks, the performance on the leaderboard has skyrocketed, so much so that there should be soooo many more ‘top guilds’.

So far this week, I have accrued some 8,000 PvP points, while donating >$1m in gold, gaining all 1,500 seals, and doing more than the 300 trophies required as a minimum by the top guilds. However, according to the leaderboard, there are more than 19,015 people who have accrued more PvP points. If each of those 19,000 players were evenly spread across guilds, then there would be 633 ‘top guilds’ completing 40k seals, and 15+ Legendary Tasks per week.

But there isn’t. People are saying that only 10 - 15 guilds are achieving these type of numbers. While I can understand these 19,000 players aren’t all in the same 633 guilds, I find it hard to fathom that only ~500 of these 19,000 players are acting in a coordinated, like-minded guild.

4 Likes

there is definatelly much more guilds who does complete all colors and 40k seals,

the 15 ppl talk about i think is a “mass legendary task” kind of guilds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think that its right that only about 20-30 guilds get to 40k seals. It may seem easy but once the number is close to reaching 40k and most of the members are at 1500 already its the performance of every individual member that counts.
So while there is a ton of players playing a lot, there isnt many of those players in group of 30.

2 Likes

Ive had some similar thought. Maybe some boss monster that a guild as a whole needs to take down in a week time. It can have lets say 1m HP (of course hp amount woulf have to be taken in consideration by the devs). That monster would have all 6 colors and some cost of say 50. You couldnt drain it, it would be impervious and also imune to isntant kill effects (from hero traits).
Its spell would be something like kill all enemy team, while it could also have 1000 attack to kill anyone with a skull match. Having all 30 members attack a single enemy would feel awesome. And that boss monster could have a different special condition every week. Like one week it could be taking 20%less spell damage. One week it could take less skull damage. One week it would apply a random stat eff to whole enemy team on start of every turn.
And rewards for killing it could be some big pile of glory and gems for every member of the guild, and 100 trophies per member for taking it down. Guild would gain a total of 300p trophies which would replace pvp fights that members wouldnt be doing while raiding the boss monster.

6 Likes

i think im done with the feature request compilation (added yours in)

2 Likes

Great thread and looks good Annaerith. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not a guild leader. I’m one the top contributors in a very active (greater than 10K trophies a week) top 30 guild though and it gets old being used. I can only imagine what kind of horror less active guilds go through. Given how critically important guilds can be to any single player’s progress, something needs to be done to make sure more than a small percentage of the user base can fully benefit.

That’s the point: your guild was used as a waystation towards greener pastures. Its like this in every game: new, active players use one guild until they find a better one they can use. Most of them are like this. Very few are actually ‘noble’ to the guild that ‘graciously’ welcomed them in.

The devs won’t correct this anymore than the drama that typically goes with guilds. Who you invite is your responsibility, not theirs [i.e., the Devs]. They have bigger fish to fry, like fixing these bugs and proceeding with newer content.

2 Likes

Um I’ve been in guilds in video games since the early 90s MUD days. The lack of comradarie in this game is worse than I’ve really ever experienced.

That being said I’ve never played some of the newest online games like COD so it’s entirely possible the problem is the players and not the game.

1 Like

There is no built in guild building activities in GoW. As others have said, GoW is basically a single-player game with some group goals tacked on. If you want comradery in GoW, then you have to make the effort yourself: Discord, FB, whatever suits your purpose. If you build it, they will come (and all that).

5 Likes

The binary nature of GoW (in-game) socialization doesn’t help things. You’re either playing or you are socializing; the game’s design doesn’t allow for both at once. As a result, many players ignore chat entirely. I don’t think this is fixable on mobile (it could be addressed on PC, but only by diverging the UI).

3 Likes

As Lyya stated earlier, there is nothing in this game that creates an opportunity for true comradarie. You don’t actually have to fight side by side like you do in an MMO for example. Also, in this game, the performance of the guild on a weekly basis is critical to your own progression when it comes to resources.

So, it’s nice to talk about people staying with a low performing guild out of “loyalty”. However, what exactly are people claiming they should be loyal to? The average person joins a guild and barely has much interaction with the other 29 people. Then, if they care about their progression, they often move on to a higher performing guild. There isn’t anything disloyal about it. There is no lasting connection because 1) the game does not have modes of play that allow a guild to play together and spark real bonds 2) the game basically offers no padding for bad/busy weeks.

8 Likes

That’s precisely the problem - being in a guild Is one of the most critical aspects in the game in terms of personal advancement yet the game doesn’t even have real guilds.

The problem is that “higher performing” is often VERY subjective. Other than the very top guilds, there’s actual very little tangible difference between 15 and 30 for example.

The “advancement” is apparently ego driven or something.

2 Likes

Very true. Sadly, perception is reality. Many people perceive that they will get more from a higher ranked guild. In some cases, it may only be the difference of 1 or 2 legendary tasks if that.

And yea, some people just want bragging rights.

2 Likes

This information overload is melting the few brain cells I have left from my younger years. As a new GL, I’m taking all this in and trying to figure out what “I” can do to help build team unity. I’m not able to do anything about game mechanics and human nature. Well, except trying to nudge it in the direction I would like it to go.

I guess all I can really do is “lead by example” and hope for the best. I really like the idea of GLs being able to reward members in some form or fashion.

Anywho, if I keep going I will run out likes just the same as @htismaqe.

3 Likes