Kill the Beast

Mine is doing 72. No buffs, just ascended to mythic and bonuses from kingdoms + guild statues.

Hmm, I did forget guild statues, but I guess I still did my math wrong somewhere.

Did you factor in this week’s event bonus for Wild Plains?

3 Likes

facepalms Nope… that’ll do it.

1 Like

Yeah mine is not Mythic, only legendary. So that would account for the difference as well. But yeah he’s buffed for the event.

5 extra glory per match per win. Not bad.

1 Like

He’ll be an absolute beast this week. I plastered him on top of a one of my teams, hoping he will not be a liability. Turned out he won the match by himself, first skull match one-hit the enemy maw (double skull damage to monsters), the others were destroyed just as fast.

1 Like

There will be now just one troop per week? I hope, then, faster upgrades of the game…

Sirrian addressed that last week:

So far he’s pretty mediocre against all of the big fat pay to win cheese… I mean Skillburgers that I’m seeing.

He might go off once and then he dies

Maybe you just need to try a different approach, unless you have a lot of support you shouldn’t field him as the first troop. In pvp where you can get extra glory for using him on the team you can try to change one troop for the extra reward unless it disrupts entirely your strategy.

A team i assembled thinking about newish players and their limitations:

Yellow/Purple banner or Double Purple
Golem fully traited.
Snowy Owl or Serpent, no traits needed. (But if possible getting all traits on any of them would help.)
Minogor, no traits needed.
Green Seer with two traits if possible.

• You can wear down the armor of all enemies with Golem while generating a few manas with the explosion, maybe even setup an extra turn if played right.
  • Snowy Owl provides Magic Link helping Green Seer and since the owl’s spell destroy purple gems she is able to fill Green Seer faster. Even taking into account the fact that the owl overlaps/blocks Yellow you won’t suffer from it. Also after destroying the purple gems she will create gems of any chosen color wich is interesting to fill Golem’s mana or even Minogor’s.
  • Some people won’t have Snowy Owl because she is not in the chests for now, that’s why Serpent would be helpful providing red mana for Minogor while she gets fat (gains health) and since she is agile it’s hard to hit her for skulls. Also no color overlap if you pick Serpent over Snowy Owl.
  • Green Seer transforms gems into green and entangles random enemies. Not a lot of explanation needed since you can figure out that entangled troops have zero attack so Green Seer sets the right target for Minogor to crush. Also if she entangles the first troop you are free to leave skulls on board while collecting mana for your troops.
1 Like

Yeah… that’s fine unless you’re constantly running into Dragon Soul or Crimson Bat that just plain wreck you regardless

Minogor
Green Seer
Salad Dragon
Star Gazer

Someone try this, I’m on console. Star Gazer probably isn’t required, but would be good vs impervious.

Ah, i see… That is really bad and Minogor can’t compete in the same field unless you have the backup of at least some kingdoms providing extra status. :frowning2:

You are better using your best team until you reach the last tier for the rewards and then keep doing the easiest battles with Minogor just for the extra glory that is very handy later.

Looks like this is the long-awaited replacement for Lord Ironbeard’s original spell. I’m glad to see that the condition has been reversed, removing the perverse incentive to keep the troop’s attack artificially low.

Nice little reference with the song there, @Sirrian :smile:

1 Like

I have a team that right now has

Gorgon (fully traited)
Minogor (18th / Epic 1 trait )
Soothsayer (fully traited)
Satyr (fully traited)
Horned Banner

Gorgon because he is a brick and is 1/2 mana at start. - He is easy to get mana for the others given he does enough damage without boost so i tend to pick rows with 1 red or 1 brown and the rest mana for who I need to feed.

Soothsayer - picking color that I need…

Satyr because he’s just easy to get green and kicks butt.

Mino - I really love being able to take down most of the team in one swoop with his triple damage. However up against BD or EK - he’s toast quickly.

Put him up front, he does double damage against Maw and Khorvash. Pretty much everything is toast if BD gets a cast off.

Doh I missed that.

Thanks

I’m using him with Hellcat, Courage, and Sylvanimora. Haven’t lost yet. Sometimes takes a bit to ramp up but once it gets going, it’s powerful.

I’m rocking Gorgotha***/giant spider***/new troop***/kraken***
Gorgotha is a troop that can survive a cast of black dragon so probably the best tank in the game right now. Giant spider feeds kraken, Kraken feeds giant spider and loop is great. New troop is also doing very nice damage unless the enemy has courage.
Kraken/spider loop is the key to win and it wins game very fast.

1 Like

I’m enjoying that team:
Humility***
New Troop***
Justice*
Mab***

All we need is to get either Humility or Justice going. Humility is pretty durable and we get magic bonus everytime he gets hit with possible magic bonuses from his skills.