How are brackets decided (bug?)

Maybe set up a poll for all of bracket 1 a few hours before the weekly turnover next week? :wink:

2 Likes

I voted bracket 1, because it is what should be logically expected…

A poll for the whole bracket 1 would be nice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone knows where Anonymous and Intrim will end up. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you guys add polls for the rest of the teams. I just wanted to go to bed less irritated that I have to even ask the question of what bracket we’ll be in this week.

Who knows? :smiley:

We always come back to the same thing: we should have some clear explanations on how promotions and demotions are decided.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you were right… Unrepentant and Hoguns are back in bracket 2 and Match Masters are back in bracket 1.
What is the point of trying to perform in GW if you are punished instead of being rewarded?
Many top guilds have already lost some players because of GW. It is only going to make things worse.

5 Likes

@Sirrian, @Nimhain @Saltypatra Hoguns was 5th and Unrepentant was 6th last week but we are both back in bracket 2 can you please explain why we were demoted?

4 Likes

Where can we see the overall points table from last week? there was a thread on it?

In MatchMasters last week we won 4 of our 6 battles in bracket 2, and had a decent score… but if we’ve bounced back up into bracket 1, it must also be due to our cumulative trophy pile…? again, clarity on this from devs would be nice…

EDIT: might have been 5 of 6, can’t remember…

3 Likes

I am wondering why I should bother trying.

3 Likes

Unfortunately not, that would be useful.

1 Like

@Hoguns and @Unrepentant members: Why aren’t you raising more ruckus here? This is absolutely ridiculous! This is the second time that you were basically screwed over with the GW brackets!

For me personally (I’m in Marthos Guardians), I feel like these unknown rules for GW bracket movement are killing any enjoyment in GW right now. We finished #8 this week, so I feel like we’re not deserving to be in bracket 1 either if the #5 and #6 are demoted to bracket 2.

I like the challenge of the mono-color invades in GW, but this bracket movement crazyness is making me question my participation in a competion without clear rules…

10 Likes

Absolutely mind boggling.

I would not be as calm as you guys in this perverse situation.

3 Likes

I must say that as an Unrepentant member I am sick of this. It kind of takes the pleasure away from trying to run a great GW week. The only thing we can do is let the devs know that we don’t agree with their calculations if it means that we get placed back a bracket while our two weeks in bracket 1 meant a 5th and a 6th place. Hopefully the devs will get this sorted out quickly, because I don’t know how long GW will be fun if we do not get properly rewarded for our efforts.

8 Likes

We did the first time it happened. And they pretty much said nothing. They can’t shed any light on how the scoring works because it might be exploited.

It’s a waste of f-ing time. They don’t care.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra if by any chance you guys are adding total-trophies or sentinels etc into bracketing equation please just ninja-remove it so we could have a fun competition and you could save your face…

whatever is taken into consideration for bracketing should be closed within the current week of play, not whole guild-existence history

and if winning required gems at least it would be fair to admit it openly

ideally i think everyone would agree that without knowing the formula we can be still fine if the formula was based solely on the gw performance statistics, you can still work with the facts who won against who (the daily wars) so it should be fine

3 Likes

See my other response.

I’m not calm, I’m resigned.

Honestly, I’m about ready to just get rid of the game altogether.

2 Likes

Hang in there… things always get better…

Personally I am making do until Crafting hits…

I almost enjoyed GW last week, in bracket 2… matches were a little more mixed, enemies were not all lv1100+… our guild could compete…

2 Likes

The vacations are over. You are having us tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My guild just won ALL DAILY Guild War battles and now jump to bracket 2 from bracket 4.
Make your guess.

4 Likes

Then why have the points rankings at all?

Use the points for tie-breakers and be honest about what the game is doing.

3 Likes

Exactly. What it the point of trying to compete when you don’t know what you have to do to win and if you can’t win no matter how good are your results?

6 Likes