How are brackets decided (bug?)

And you’ll all be setting varied non-troll-grief defences to welcome us back? so caring…

2 Likes

ive made a suggestion, i hope you may like it

1 Like

Er… I am afraid not…

1 Like

[quote=“Darkness, post:79, topic:24157, full:true”]
@Hoguns and @Unrepentant members: Why aren’t you raising more ruckus here? This is absolutely ridiculous! This is the second time that you were basically screwed over with the GW brackets![/quote]

We did make a lot of “ruckus” the first few times it happened, and @Saltypatra and @Nimhain both posted that it’s a secret and we’re not entitled to know. Obviously things like making sure we don’t share info from support or use 1-troop defenses is high on their list. Giving us a fair system we can compete with is not. As @htismaqe mentioned, I’m resigned now to our fate. Despite a great history, recent evidence shows the devs simply don’t care about us, or about our future purchases. I don’t have the energy to keep fighting uphill again with people who don’t care, sorry.

4 Likes

So what could be the the extra parameters used along with total GW points? Ideas already brought forward have been:

1. Resources spent on Sentinel leveling.
  2. Number of GW battle wins regardless of team composition.
  3. Number of PvP trophies earned that week.
  4. Overall rank of the Guild (lifetime trophies).
  5. The number of Daily Guild Wins.

Anything else we could be missing? Would be a heck of a job but an interesting project would be to have each Guild Leader in the first bracket compile the above stats this week then compare notes to try and figure out what the heck is going on!

1 Like

I think that’ll be the deciding point for me too.
If crafting is disappointing as the idiotic GW bracket movement secrecy I’ll potitely thank the Devs for two-and-a-half years worth of fun gaming (plus however long GW lasts in the current form) and move on…

3 Likes

My guess is this. We only had 1 daily win out of the 6 days. And if daily wins is the criteria then that’s fine. But we were trusting @Sirrian 's earlier posts that daily points would only matter for daily, and weekly score for weekly. We’re playing based on the information the devs have actually provided, which is looking incorrect and insufficient at best, and a blatant lie at worst.

6 Likes

The most information I have seen in one place (aside from @Luther’s amazing image edits) about how Guild Wars bracket movement is handled:

1 Like

I’m missing bracket 2 already… :joy:

1 Like

This also.

1 Like

Yeah, but in that post it’s the “general makeup & progress of the individual guild” that is the secret sauce. And they’ve been unwilling to clarify what that means, despite repeated and specific requests. So regardless of their intentions, their is no way to strategically compete in GW right now, since they won’t tell us the rules. Good luck!

3 Likes

Lol, buying your spot in the top brackets. Brilliant!

:frowning:

3 Likes

I am almost positive that this means sentinels make winning fights easier, which lets you earn more points. If buying the sentinels actually did factor into bracket movement, GW really would be operating on a pay-to-win model that Sirrian has repeatedly said they dislike.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that it goes against what developers have said in the past.

1 Like

For me, I’m pretty sure that will be the tipping point. Where I’m at now, Crafting has to deliver in spades or I’ll probably hang it up

2 Likes

It makes sense, and you are very probably right. But a clear confirmation and some clear information would be a great help.

2 Likes

its kind of sad,

i remmember many players were saying the gow became stagnant to them and they looked forward to seeing guild wars implemented to keep them from quitting

now - instead of stagnation - i see a lot of disappointment etc attacking not only burned out players but the players that were far from burnout?

so now the crafting system will need to make up for both?
somehow im starting to doubt it…
i mean i think it will indeed open chance to craft missing troops but in not that great way to balance all these gw revelations :sweat_smile:

its generally sad to me since while the game lost its pre-gw boredoom aspect it also lost its relaxing aspect,
im watching how it develops and since im still not burned out and have spare time i can still take it, but i wonder what will happen when i have less time and ill need a more relaxing game - something that was like a pre-gw gow?

im also worried about the crafting system if it adds “weekly chores” that are weekly- or daily- limited to farm the crafting currency it most probably add another “grain of salt”

7 Likes

Yeah, I have very little hope that crafting is going to be good enough to cover these previous missteps. As long as there’s at least a little hope left though, I plan to stick it out.

1 Like

Same for me…

So is there a general consensus among those frustrated with GW? What needs to change? There’s been so much complaining in so many different areas that I have no idea. I think it would be super helpful if you all consolidated a bit so they have a clear indication of your complaints.

Like I posted in another topic, IMHO this is the main issue (but that’s just my opinion!!)