How are brackets decided (bug?)

Sure , you are welcome!

14 Likes

You little weasel. I really thought you were telling the truth. Congratulations, you really scammed me with that one.

5 Likes

@Sirrian

4 Likes

Nice troll job.

3 Likes

@Luther

you should submit the tooltip to the “Win console” GoW Contest, i think you would get quite surprisingly high amount of votes

1 Like

@Annaerith you are too kind :slight_smile: i just wish they really implemented them, so one shouldn’t have to search around for answers :stuck_out_tongue:
Also not in the States, and not exactly a lover of consoles :wink:

im in europe and it counts :slight_smile:
read more carefully its for more then just USA :wink:
im also not a lover of consoles but there are other rewards too xD
but you would have to read rules carefully as they require 100% of the content to be 100% original :slight_smile:

but honestly i think if someone put it thereit might motivate devs enough to actually give us more clear insight on how gw works!
(so even if you dont win or be disqualified you could become a hero)

1 Like

:flushed: how does one get a job at PlayStation? I want one too :grin:

2 Likes

Just three more chapters and I’ll be done with my first novel, The Internet President: None of the Above.

Book summary:
James Wong built a billion dollar software company with his childhood friend, Maria Cortez. He had everything, until an ultra-rich investor stole control of his company with a shady contract. How do you fight the rich and powerful? In a video game, he’d use a power up to defeat the villain. James finds the ultimate power up: become president.

Even my book has game references. More than once the word devour made it’s way into the book. Gee, I wonder where that word came from. :grinning:

Especially in guild wars, or on beast weeks, devour is a word that comes to mind quite a bit!

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

4 Likes

I just tried out Farpoint at work it was really awesome. I’m a PC gamer, but this got me interested in a console game.

Damn! If I knew it was going to be that amazing I would have bought the employee discount VR bundle.

If you hold out your controller it looks like a weapon and you can look around. It’s very immersive. It was cool seeing the aliens splat. It’s feels like being in starship trooper for me. Granted I didn’t play long, but it left a very strong impression.

2 Likes

@Luther who is the troll bully now? Me again ok i see

@Vangor If you can’t tell the difference between bullying/insults and jokes/sarcasm, who am i to explain it to you?
Laughing WITH people is a different thing of Laughing OF people.

Btw, 9d ago!

Hoping you are able to do well and stay in bracket 1. Partly since you’re a nice guy, but mostly because Unrepentant and Hoguns seem joined at the hip for bracket movement :innocent:

1 Like

It was removed due to community guidelines.

Too bad answering the questions we asked weeks ago doesn’t happen as quickly. We’ve been left in the dark for a while, and some of us still want to know if the GW brackets are something competitive or arbitrary and out of out control. Further, Nim’s recent comments now seem to indicate that not only is it unfair, but purchasing sentinels actually affects the score (P2W). It’s been said repeatedly by many, but the method you’ve chosen to prevent exploits also prevents strategy and faith in the results. Is this current uncertainty and mistrust of the system the final desired result?

4 Likes

She was trying to clarify Guild bracket movement down is not influenced by Sentinels. But as I recall it was weirdly worded, and one could walk away interpreting it helps bracket movement up. I personally don’t think that was the her meaning, but it was vague.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra Since my posts got removed, I have no plans to file any more support tickets. I’ll share the bug on the support forums, so other people can see an answer, if I get one.

If I didn’t already have so much invested in this game I would have quit last night. I look forward to the day I can shake my addiction to this game.I’m sure in the end Guild Wars will be my escape out of it.

I’m already considering leaving my guild for a sister guild that is Guild Wars optional. Unfortunately, there’s already a waiting list.

2 Likes

Hogans and Unrepentant earned their way into bracket 1 again for last week. We ended #5 Hoguns and #6 Unrepentant. This is the same exact scenario where we dropped to bracket 2 last time, except our two team switched position.

I hope they secretly fixed their algorithm without admitting fault. Guess we’ll find out later.

Place you’re bets.

What bracket will #6 Unrepentant be in this new week?

• Bracket 1
  • Bracket 2

0 voters

What bracket will #5 Hogans be in this new week?

• Bracket 1
  • Bracket 2

0 voters

2 weeks ago, I would have thought the answer to both questions is obvious. Now, it could really go either way.

Nice poll. I voted bracket 2… :wink:

1 Like

Do you think I should add another one for #10 team?

1 Like