Guild Wars Sneak Peek 1
Guild Wars Sneak Peek 2
Guild Wars Sneak Peek 4
Guild Wars Sneak Peek 5
Time for the next installment in our Guild Wars preview!
This is where you go to fight!
We'll examine the parts of the screen one by one
Number of Battles
Up in the top left is a number next to a shield & lightning bolt
This is the number of guild war battles you have remaining
In this case, I have 7 battles remaining, 2 from yesterday, and 5 more from today.
Based on community feedback from last week, we've changed the way this operates to accommodate players who don't play every day... the rule now is as follows:
- Each day (starting on day 2) you get 5 more battles you can fight
- Points aren't lost if you don't use them... so you could wait until the final day and play all 30 battles in a row if you like!
- Each set of 5 battles MUST be spent on the "next" guild in your schedule... so you play 5 battles from WAR 1, then 5 battles from WAR 2, etc... you can't jump back and forth
- There is a small bonus for the winning Guild each day, so guilds who participate every day will get a small acknowledgement of their dedication, but it's nothing unique or overly powerful.
NOTE: In case anybody is wondering, you cannot purchase more battles... we're not that kind of game!
Moving down the screen, we see the two guilds and their progress in the current WAR (note we're switching to "war" instead of "day" since these battles can be played on later days now). In fact in this example, I'm still playing WAR 3 on DAY 4!
The background of the shield here is not final by the way... we'll be adding something there to remind you of the BONUS COLOR for this particular war!
Here you can see your 5 opponents for the war, and this is going to require a little explanation:
First - take note of those symbols over the enemy icons - they are "Guild War Ranks"
- Each week, based on the previous week's results, all guild members are split into 5 ranks for the guild war (this is separate to the ranks of Guild Master, Lieutenant, etc... that we already have). On week 1 we'll base this on a combination of Guild Rank, Level & Team Score. After that, it will be based on points earned during the Guild War.
- The ranks are: Paragon, Champion, Herald, Vanguard, Soldier
- There is 1 Paragon, up to 2 Champions, up to 4 Heralds, up to 8 Vanguard, and the rest are Soldiers. In smaller guilds this is split up differently, and some ranks may not be present, but will be filled in as required by players from other higher or lower ranks.
Now... How do we fight them?
- Your first battle will be against a random Soldier. If you win, you progress to fight the Vanguard. If not, you fight a different random Soldier.
- Each time you win and progress, the next battle is worth more points!
- Of course you can score bonus points of top these amounts too (remember... using the correct color in the correct WAR will give you some bonus score)
- This continues until you have used all 5 battles in this WAR
- As you can, in order to get to all those juicy points available on the Paragon, you need to get a perfect win streak.
- There are a few other factors involved to make your journey to be Paragon-Slayer a little more challenging, but we'll discuss those when we look at the Sentinel Screen!
Down in the bottom left/center, you can see the progress of this particular war. In this case, players in MY guild still have 8 fights left (20 members with 5 fights each). And personally, I have 2 battles left.
Finally, in the bottom right, you can see the SKIP button
If you want to concede all your matches against the current Guild and simply progress to the next one, then you can do so here. If I did that now, I would lose my 2 remaining battles here, and my available battles will be set to 5.
You can't change your mind about this, so you will prompted & warned!
I'm out of the office next week, so the NEXT Sneak Peek might be a little delayed... I'll try and keep it on track though!