Guild Wars - Sneak Peek II

I haven’t read this anywhere?

It seems like Sirrian is saying you can fight whenever you want, as you don’t gain rewards daily only weekly.

Everything is still exactly the same, but you won’t lose out on rewards for missing days. Since people’s problem before was that if they miss a day, they should not miss out on getting important rewards.

1 Like

It is how I understood Sirrians message:
There will still be a daily winner in any battle, but that is for bragging rights not rewards… if your guild is busy and can’t turn up, you might lose some battles, but you won’t lose out on any of the goodies at the end of the week.

I assume ure meaning if a guild is losing the total war for a week here? Like losing the total war, which will give the lowest reward. Winning the total war gives the max reward no matter how many loses there is. Thats how I understand what sirrian said. I might be wrong tho.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I meant, thanks for clearing it up.

I think we’re just going to have to wait til Sirrian gives everyone the true information. There seems to be a lot of confusion going on. :smiley:

4 Likes

So, anyone in a competitive guild still not happy?

Bring it on!

2 Likes

Sirrian never said that. The Weekly War rewards seems to depend on the points that each guild will gather during the week. So as said @DonBoba, Daily Battles became pointless.

And my proposition is to change the Daily Battles for Guild Battles which are exactly the same but you have the whole week to do them and you get rewards. Nothing else.

I’m jumping in here for a second.

As someone who’s still in a 4 member casual guild with family and friends, I have high doubts we will even notice Guild Wars. I will depend on the rewards and how much is neccessary to get them, but I expect that we only participate every two or three weeks, depending on work and school.

Lets wait to see the rewards, what Sirrian changed, and how will it all work :smiley:
We now know nothing, since it got changed, so lets speculate again when we get something to speculate with :slight_smile:

4 Likes

[quote=“DonBoba, post:400, topic:20320, full:true”]
Lets wait… We now know nothing[/quote]

^ This (10 chars)

1 Like

But what am I gonna do with all these pitchforks?!

2 Likes

Give them to him and his village :smirk:

9 Likes

Well it sure sounds like they are gearing this game more and more towards the “pro player” base and less towards the casual player. 1500 seals is a huge grind when the normal casual player works a full time job and has family and other activities outside of being glued to a game like this. Yeah while 5 battles per day sounds minuscule. In reality it means you have to play at least 15-30 minutes per day depending on your level etc. So yeah more rewards for the same amount of work always sounds good on paper, it rarely is the case.

I’m not sure if you’ve missed it mixed in with these 400+/- posts but Sirrian has given us an update on the GW system and you will no longer need to play GW daily to get your rewards; all GW battles go towards weekly points that earn rewards. So you can do each of your 5 battles daily or do all 30 in one day; your rewards at the end of the week will be the same. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the pros:

• Guild Wars is now completely flexible allowing the user complete control over how they complete their 30 weekly GW battles.

• Rewards will be based on total number of GW points earned throughout the entire week. So nobody feels guilt over missing battles on a given day.

The cons:

• The idea of this being a battle between other Guilds is essentially gone. Because the requirement of daily battle has been removed and any reward tied to those daily victories also removed, there is no motivation, other than bragging rights, to concern yourself with it.

• Now the only real bragging right will be who earned the most points for the week which is great but is still an everybody wins scenario.

Suggestion:

• What if the weekly rewards were given a multiplier based on number of daily battles won?

0-2: reward x 1
3-5: reward x 1.5
6: reward x 2

This would create a motivator for Guilds to communicate on a daily basis and get rewarded for putting in the daily effort. Something that I think was a key element of the original design that shouldn’t get lost in the new system, imho. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s the only bragging right there ever was, that’s how you actually win. Who wants to brag about playing more days than someone else? HA! I showed up all 7 days, you only showed up 4, loser.

I got more extra time to spend than you do, get on my level peasant!

Now it’s actually based on who wins vs. before which was how much time you had to spend.

6 Likes

I agree with you @HKdirewolf, but all we are comparing is weekly points, the 6 guilds you face on specific days does not matter…

They might as well just call them Color Battles as somebody stated above… but that completely diminishes the fact this is supposed to be a GUILD War.

To be clear: I am a fan of the new system proposed by @Sirrian, but I don’t want GUILD WARS to lose its identity before it even gets started.

I just offered that suggestion as a way to make those contests against Guilds relevant again.
… … … And maybe squeeze out some more goodies!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah I understand, good points. I think Don said the same thing. I think they should steer clear of the daily battles rewarding anything to do with the unique GW reward. But I do think it would be perfectly fine for them to make the daily battles worth other rewards.

It still doesn’t fix what you want though. I mean the multiplier would still be a GW reward technically, which would just put us back in the very same place they fixed essentially.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

To answer your question @HKdirewolf:

The measuring of the quality of a guild is completely subjective. It depends on what an individual is looking for. Mean Machine is amazing because it has top tier involvement / achievement with the understanding and leniency for life to happen.

But if you are comparing apples to apples then the only thing we have to objectively assess each guild is to look at concrete data. So, at the moment that I trophies. And the guild that plays the most earns the most and gets the bragging rights.

In Guild Wars, the points will be based on quality of wins which excites me. But do I feel like a guild that works together and makes sure to dominate their opponents DAILY deserves some extra recognition and reward for that effort… ABSOLUTELY!!!

IT’S GUILD WARS, PEOPLE!!! Lol

And again for full disclosure I don’t even think that Mean Machine would necessarily be one of those dominant Daily guilds because of the habits of our members but at least the opportunity is there. :wink:

3 Likes