For Great Science!

“Small” he says.

Are we getting any previous troops hitting chests this week?

Thanks. Yours sounds nicer. I like it.

2 Likes

I can die happy now, all my Adana dreams have come true… Except that I can always use more robots!

1 Like

Well screw Sparkgrinder than, can I get a refund on him? He has to pay!

1 Like

So am I getting this straight?

Out of control murder bots: cool.

The modern equivalent of pig-latin: unacceptable

?

Yes. 10 chars.

I feel like your priorities might be a little off. Just a teensy tiny bit off.

As soon as we locate him in the server room, I promise we’ll shave “That wasn’t funny” into his back hair

9 Likes

Great, because a crazy dwarf’s back hair was an image I desperately needed.

5 Likes

Sorry, I was eating capellini for lunch, and it was the first thing that came to mind… :scream:

1 Like

This just made that image so much worse.

Using numbers in place of letters is the modern equivalent of pig-latin?

If you mail it to me then we are even :wink:

Sure – it’s mildly-obfuscated language that anyone with half a brain can decode, and ten-year-olds find it amusing. Seems like a decent enough analogy to me.

7 Likes

Pig-latin is just a language game with variations all over the world, such as the German “Mattenenglisch” or the French “Loucherbem”.

Replacing letters with numbers is simply an alternative alphabet, otherwise known as “Leetspeak”.

The biggest culprit in Leetspeak is 1337 itself, an epitome of a meme. I guess @Sirrian wasn’t joking when he said he likes memes :laughing:

The data files were just updated. Some changes:

• Bombot’s spell now scales with Armor only, and not Magic, and reads:
    Explode 2 random Gems. Deal 5 damage to all enemies, boosted by my Armor and destroy myself. [2:1]
    (I think this is incorrect, and should be scaling off 1/2 Magic as Sirrian indicated above.)

• Carnex’s spell has been updated:
    Explode [Magic + 2] random Skulls. Gain 8 Armor.

• Tankbot 2000’s traits have changed (lost Fast, gained Stoneskin).

• The Dragon Soul’s third trait, Possession, has been temporarily changed to:
    25% chance to resurrect after death.

• Desdaemona now has unique selection and spell-cast sound effects! (Thanks guys :smiley: )

3 Likes

There are other Troops that have unused Magic, no big deal.

I was thinking pretty much exactly what @lyya said–it’s a code that feels secret/inducts you into some sort of special club, but actually everyone knows it. I mean, if I know any of it, everyone does.

But yes, @TaliaParks, there are indeed some technical differences between Pig Latin and Leetspeak.

OTOH, what on earth is Loucherbem? The most equivalent French slang I know is “Verlan” (which is pretty close to Pig Latin–‘verlan’ is just ‘invers’ (inverse) with one syllable moved to the back.)

Are there?

Anyway, data-diving leads me to believe that Bombot’s spell does indeed scale with 1/2 Magic now, as @Sirrian mentioned, but the text was incorrectly changed to a hardcoded scale factor. If I were a betting girl, I’d bet on: “[3 + (Magic / 2)] damage”. Would need a dev to confirm, of course.

I just want to say I was ribbing the Devs a bit, it’s what I do.

Loucherbem is pretty much the same as pig-latin, taking a consonant cluster, moving it to the end of a word and replacing it with an “L”, then adding a suffix.

Fou (crazy) becomes loufoque, combien (how much) becomes lombienques, etc.