Design-a-troop Project Part 1 - POLL 1 IS SHUT - SEE THE OTHER THREAD

Sigh, Ghulvania is winning. I really wanted to get a M.A.N.A. Generator for Adana. I guess I have to go with plan B and try pushing for an undead werewolf for Ghulvania.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was really hoping for a Red mana generator for Adana! There’s not really a decent Red generator option apart from Jarl (I think Serpent is the only other one that actually creates Reds), so I guess ideally it would be non-Legendary anyway.

I guess we can pray for a rework similar to Mist of Scales…

You know constructs in this game are bad when Mechanist class getting 50% mana for all constructs did nothing to the meta. xD

4 Likes

I was hoping for a full on synergy “type” and “kingdom” deck from adana!

Cant really do it in ghulvania unless it’s “undead” of which there are SO MANY.

Yeah, likewise! Adana is so close yet so far away! Just needs a little nudge with the Red mana!

It seems to me that the Ghulvania troop is destined to, at best, be a decent one-off troop but there’s no way it can round out a Ghulvania/Undead-specific deck where it would be maximally useful:

1. The only way a Ghulvania-focused team would be cool is if they made Vampire Lord remove something other than Red/Yellow/Blue to boost his damage. One troop can’t save the fundamental conflict between Vampire Lord and Bat. It would also help if Bat were switched to Undead. With those changes and a new troop that synergizes well you could have really cool True Damage team with New Troop / Wight / Bat / Vamp Lord.
  2. The only way an Undead-based team could be cool is if Vampire Lord removed Green and the new troop was Purple + Yellow or Brown, and ideally generated Red (and Yellow). New Troop / Wight / Vamp Lord / Lady Sapphira. Not as strong as the first option, but if the new troop had strong mana gen then it could probably loop pretty quickly to take out priority targets.
  3. Either way, Vampire Lord is a major blocker and unless he’s changed the Ghulvania troop won’t provide enough synergy for a Ghulvania-focused team. The only real hope would be for this new Undead troop to combo well with KoS, Banshee, Alastair, Wight, or Sunweaver. In which case it would be way better if it were Khetar instead of Ghulvania.
  4. If it ends up being Human since folks want a Human Legendary (which I fully support), then the Kingdom doesn’t really matter. Humans are generally not very good, so the only real hope for a Human-based team would be something that synergizes with Alchemist and Atlanta.
1 Like

Mostly agreeing with this. I was thinking Ghulvania originally anyway so I don’t mind that. The problem for me stems from how to build the troop from there where you don’t end up duplicating a troop that already exists based on the mythos you want to create. We already have quite a few True Damage with extras (Drain Mana, Explode Gems, Damage all, etc.) and as a Human which I’d love, what? A hunter? Then poor Avina really seems more outclassed then. Maybe make her brother an elf… switched at birth with Marin perhaps?

But, so far things as a whole seem interesting so I’ll wait til the next step before going into this more.

I would also like to point out that there are 3 humans in adana, so if people really want HUMAN troops, Adana is a great choice.

Adding a cool green/yellow or green/red adana human, something like a human/construct that could heal and on 4 or 5 matches gave barrier to a random ally. Something cool like that…

1 Like

I was hoping for a vampire tyri like creature that steals mana instead of health but still alters the board. Then drops a trait stone at % chance.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that, but a Human Adana troop just feels wrong. Gimme them Constructs, baby!

Yea lol getting a traitstone farmer is not gonna happen! And wouldn’t that make more sense to come from khaziel anyway?

This is a great chance to make something that could really fill in some gaps!

1 Like

Maybe we should simultaneously start a “Petition to Change Vamp Lord’s ability from Red to Green boosted”. He’s an undead vampire lore… it just makes sense that he kills/withers Green. And I think we can all agree an additional soft counter to Goblins isn’t a bad thing.

1 Like

I was thinking philosophers stone and a troop taking mana and turning it into a trait stone would follow that mythos. Considering van helsing it might be possible.

1 Like

I am voting ghulvania and will reserve my troop ideas for the next appropriate thread! You’ll just have to wait for it!!! :wink:

2 Likes

It would be really cool if this becomes a regular thing. I hope next up is “Design-a-Class”.

2 Likes

Welcome back! :heart::smiley:

I would prefer “design a weapon”!

1 Like

Thanks for not spamming this thread with loads of offtopicness… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I hope this becomes a monthly thing like the fantasy series.

My vote was for Ghulvania, the kingdom still needs some cool troops and people already got the right idea for a theme i was thinkering about in past few days.

Well since only can vote for two kingdoms and ghulvania is obviously the flavour of the month. Who am I to argue :wink:

Would prefer a lychan or Frankie over another vampire.
Monster squad anyone? :grin:

3 Likes