Daily Troop Discussion!

Burning Valor (9 Red/Yellow)
Turn purple gems into red. Increase a random skill on a random Ally by [Magic + 10].

Here is my suggestion, brudda. :wink:

2 Likes

Heā€™s literally on fire. I guess in Blighted Lands, that might count as camouflage.

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦

He should have Aflame or Pyromania, not doom. Heā€™s already on fire, yo.

Also, I feel that if heā€™s like the hero but corrupted by the Infernal king (like in the story) then his spell should reflect that. Right now, heā€™s just utterly forgettable. I think give him one of the hero weapons with a Blighted Lands twist.

Maybe heā€™s a twisted warlord? In which case his spell should be: Twisted Battleaxe - deal [magic + X] damage to an enemy, boosted by their attack. Deal an additional [magic + X] if the troop is a divine or human.

I like this idea. Itā€™s simple and would be enough to make it usable. Just a few remarks: 9 mana cost is way too low, it should be 11 or 12 like other single converters. Also, creating his own colour may be too OP, converting either brown or blue into purple is my suggestion. Brown to purple is best since sylvasi already does blue to purple iirc

1 Like

I would just suggest that the boosted troop is target.
So increase random stat on an ally.
He would see maybe a bit more use.

Sorry to drop with it,just fell silly openong a new topic for one questionā€¦ when did devs changed Great Maw? It was one casting even if you have multiple copies in a team. Just now,my troop got devoured and second Maw continued charging devoured my other troop couple of turns later.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t noticed that yet. Although it makes sense that the"can only cast once" is limited to the troop itself and not the battle. So now thereā€™s a point in using multiple maws in a team

Thought Iā€™d test this, reproduced it in the first battle. So this is either another bug introduced or a change in design of the one shot spells?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no way that this isnā€™t a bug.

3 Likes

So, breaking Impervious wasnā€™t enough, now letā€™s allow the guaranteed devour troop cast more than once! :roll_eyes::metal:t2:

This Unity supposed to be an improvement?

2 Likes

The thing is, putting two in is two separate troops. When oneā€™s casted, why shouldnā€™t the other one be able to? I did put two in a team a few months ago and after Iā€™d cast the otherā€™s spell was greyed out. Interesting if this has changed but I donā€™t think many people will start running multiple maws.

2 Likes

Because this:

Mercy casts ā†’ Maw filled ā†’ Maw devours, spawns Yellow/Brown, this ā†’ fills the next Maw ā†’ Maw devours ā†’ etc etc

1 Like

Perhaps not. The game has changed from last time this happened. (In particular, Hunger isnā€™t what it was back then.) However, I remember these sorts of threads popping up like weeds:

1 Like

Hmmm, then his spell needs changing if theyā€™re allowing multiple maws. Maybe create alternative colours?

Assuming itā€™s not a bug, and here to stay ā€“ yeah, Maw would need another look. But Iā€™m of the opinion that this was just an oversight.

1 Like

LADY SAPPHIRA

2 Likes

How can:
Wight (10 mana to steal 20 life, create 5 purple, gain 20 souls. Water link, life drain, undying) be a rare when Lady S (13 mana to deal 23 true damage, gain 4 life and 2 attack. Chill touch, life drain, undying) is an Epic?

Ideas to buff Lady Sā€™s spell:
Change true damage to life steal, freeze the enemy, donā€™t gain attack.
Boost life gain and attack to half the true damage caused, and also heal herself

Without any skull protection, chill touch is never going to be used.

2 Likes

I miss Lady Sapphira. That is all.

1 Like

I never had the chance to enjoy her, she was among the best troops back when I was a kid?

5 Likes

Much earlier in the game, I had a very good Whitehelm team with Archon Statue, Mercy, Moloch and Saphhira. It gradually got power-creeped out of usefulness, but at the time, it was a solid team that could handle just about anything. Good true damage, mana-draining with Moloch, board manipulation and healing from Mercy and Archon as a tank. In the event of a real slug-fest, Lady Sapphira sat at the back getting stronger and stronger until she was the last woman standing.

I like @Whiskeyjackā€™s suggestions.

3 Likes