Create a button for "Open 100 Gold Chest"

Getting carpel tunnel from opening so many golden chests. Can we get a higher number button or better yet, a “open all golden chests” button?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, No.

1 Like

I recommend you get one of these:

That’s not considered botting, is it?

7 Likes

The answer is always “No” in situations like this until enough people ask the same question, then the answer morphs into a “we are working on it”.

2 Likes

I don’t remember if Sirrian’s comment about server load being the reason was before or after they moved to the new servers.

In any case, I can see not doing an “open all” button. Someone like @Rasper would be opening 25,000 gold chests at once which would probably crush the server. An “open 100” button, with no further bulk discount on purchases, seems reasonable though (says the guy with zero programming or IT knowledge).

1 Like

It was After the new servers. And I specifically asked for a small increase to 100 only because they said No to variable chest openings. 100 was a No as well.

1 Like

insert evil laugh here

2 Likes

Actually, all-at-once is probably easier on the server than 50 at a time, as most of the work in servicing an API is in decoding the endpoint, starting up and spinning down the script, and submitting the transacted query to the database. The actual rolling of the die is trivial.

If someone is hell-bent on spending 15,000 keys in 50-key chunks, that’s 300 separate web requests and 300 separate write transactions to the database. In terms of server load, a single request of 15,000 keys is one request and one write transaction. The only casualty from the API perspective is that your result payload (sent to the client) is much larger, but that’s not significant as the processing is done by the client.

I think in this case it’s a matter of evolving UI design and saving players from themselves. (Remember also that there once existed a time when there was no confirmation prompt upon opening 50-packs.)

4 Likes

Looks like they need your expertise then. :grinning:

1 Like

I have suggested before that they add an “offline open custom” button to allow people to submit a request to open a few thousand keys. The idea would be you’d get the results in your GoWmail whenever the server got around to servicing the request. It should be much, much easier on the servers than the current system, and it would really help when new kingdoms come along.

4 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t make sense to me at all…

You’d think that 1 request to open all chests would be much lighter load on the server then 5000 requests…

1+1=RNG? :slight_smile: