CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

Console users have no real way of figuring out what the console user id’s are of guild members since we create a new name in gow. But I’m fine with ditching chat, probably more trouble than its worth having to abide by console privacy rules.

1 Like

Are you on XBOX? On PS4, you can PM anyone from your guild activity list, after which you have their PSN ID. Not the most elegant interface, but at least there is a way to do it.

I only found out about this when some random guild-member in my old dead guild PM’d me demanding a promotion. Took me a while to figure out how he got my ID…

Yeah I’m on xbox one. Our guild message banner is always new members must message me with the guild masters gamer tag.

Just got some bad news, which is kind of embarrassing, given my last update less than 24 hours ago.
But I was updating you then with what I understood to be the situation… Turns out it was more complicated for no apparent reason, so I thought we should let you all know immediately.

Although we do have another version ready for QA right now, Sony have just informed us that it will be another 7 days (possibly a little more at their discretion) before they will pass the new version through their certification process. This means that it is going to push the update into early October.

This can happen for a number of reasons, most likely they don’t have sufficient testers to get it into their certification process any earlier due to an important AAA release currently in testing.

However, I promise that when 2.0.1 DOES go live, even though all of these delays have been out of our control, we’ll make sure every one of you on console gets a very nice little compensation package for the delay.

14 Likes

You promise it’ll be a very nice package Sirrian? I’ve heard stories. Can’t wait. Oh you said little package, nvm.

1 Like

Damn another bad news :frowning:

Thanks for the update. I know it’s never easy to report bad news, but it is nice for us to be kept up to speed.

That being said, with the update being delayed even more, would you be able to provide some insight into how this whole catch-up process will work? I think originally you had wanted to get us fully caught up feature-wise in October, and fully caught up troop-wise by December. Are those still targets you are planning on hitting?

I ask because it impacts the way that people go about spending their resources. Having a more condensed timeline puts a larger strain on some people’s glory reserves, while some people are saving up all their resources until we do get fully caught up around December, and wouldn’t necessarily want to have to wait even longer to spend their accumulated goodies. Knowing what the (possible revised) plan is would help us make an informed decision about how best to proceed. Thanks!

Just PS4 or xbox too?

2 Likes

We are getting caught up in released troops by around years end. However, don’t expect to be caught up in collected troops by years end lol
You’ll have the fun and joy of collecting those troops for months to come.
But if you expect to have a hundred plus more troops at mythic by year end, prepare to be disappointed.

Well, that was the original plan. But that’s what I’m trying to figure out, is that plan still in effect, or have things been shifted out due to these delays?

I personally would like to have everything caught up by the end of December, because I have been thinking about just saving everything until then and doing a mass chest opening, but I imagine there are others that aren’t super keen about sticking to that plan since it means having to accumulate/spend so much glory in such a short period of time. I think we all just want to know what to expect.

:disappointed: :angry: :sob:

But mainly just :sleeping:

1 Like

Now if it was the guild update I wouldn’t have a problem with the delay. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I think I may have caused myself a little burn out in anticipation of the updates. I really hope this is the last delay.

Hey Guys come down, i think the dev Team do a great job and that they want to push the Consoleros so much forward is very nice. Delay is unexpected but it is now there, and really… it doesnt matter. They do a fantastic job and we will get all the new interesting things, so be smart and cool, let us wait till it is done.
Thx for all the news update, we stand all together behind you and are united :wink:
When the patch or update come out, we all will be happy!
It is done when it is done, so true… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt anyone is mad at that devs. I’m annoyed at the situation :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it sucks, but we will survive this :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve only got 1500 glory left so It gives me more time to accumulate some more. Tbf some of the delay is sony’s fault, it doesn’t bother me really.

2 Likes

Great, great news for this XB1 owner and player. Now if we can get you guys to do UWP and make Gems of War a Microsoft Play Anywhere game, that would be EXCELLENT!

Don’t tease me.

Play anywhere would be awesome! No idea how complicated this is to build for the developers, but this is something that’s definitely on my wish list. It would enable me to play on PC with my Xbox progress.