CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

There is already a PC version, but due to legal restrictions it can’t synchronize with your Xbox (or PS4) progress. So basically you would want the developers to maintain two different PC versions, one linked to the consoles and one linked to the mobiles? Or even three, assuming PS4 has a different mechanism for “Play anywhere”?

Lots of pitfalls there.

If Sony’s side is the big delay, just send it through to Microsoft first. You’ll get a good idea on whether it’ll pass by doing that. If it doesn’t go through on Microsoft’s side then it won’t go through on Sony’s side.

1 Like

The play anywhere version is the exact same as the console version, it’s just playable on pc. When you play on Xbox all your info including game saves, are already uploaded into the cloud. That just carries over to pc as well. I think they’d really just need Microsoft’s okay and a plan in place to do it. It wouldn’t be possible for PS4 though. So you’re only playing 1 copy on 2 devices.

1 Like

Looking forward to getting my hands on Sirrians package.

@HKdirewolf the above reminded me you once said that you could play xbox on a windiws 10 machine by mirroring the screen. I checked and they both have to be on the same network homeboy; you playing?

4 Likes

Yeah as long as you have a wireless connection or both wired, it connects automatically to your xbox. That’s what it means, the same internet connection/network. I’ve actually already played GemsofWar on my computer from my Xbox, it’s super easy. What people are asking for though is for Microsoft to put GemsofWar on the the Windows Xbox store so that you really can play it anywhere without needing to be connected to your Xbox. All they need to do is put the game on the store. All the saves and everything would carry over.

P.S. Sirrian’s package is looking pretty nice.

But you need to be in the same place, cant do it from a different location?

Yeah correct, you can only play Xbox games on your pc from your Xbox if both are in the same location, on the same internet connection. Unless the game is a ‘Xbox play anywhere’ game, then you can play that from anywhere straight from your pc with a controller. Because the Xbox play anywhere games are uploaded on the Windows Xbox store. The saves from your Xbox just carry over.

Nah still dont get it. Can you explain it any better?

Okay say I have my Xbox in my living room, and my pc in my bedroom. If I want to play my Xbox games in my bedroom without moving my actual Xbox, I can just connect my pc to my Xbox using the same internet connection. Go to the Xbox app and find where it says, “connect to my Xbox.” You can play any game on your Xbox through pc as long as you have both on the same internet connection.

There are certain games now that are going to be Xbox play anywhere, which means you can take your pc on a road trip and still play Xbox games, as long as you have ANY internet connection. Forza horizon 3, Gears of War 4, are an example of these.

1 Like

In other words, a Xbox play anywhere game can be played when visiting your family, using their internet connection, without bringing along your Xbox? As an example…

1 Like

Well, fortunately I am a patient woman… So I rather they take their time and get it right.

Right. Essentially they’re setting up a steam marketplace for Microsoft games. They’re really just pc games at that point, but they still have the Xbox logo, and can still be played on your Xbox. Your computer is your Xbox if you want it to be.

Lmao I was being sarcastic

1 Like

I knew it you freakin’ turd burglar. Got me over here like, “how can I explain this any better.”

4 Likes

I just don’t see this game going “play anywhere” until the economies are merged. It’d be too confusing to have both a Steam offering and a Microsoft Store offering on PC for essentially the same game where only one version (ironically not “play anywhere”) can be played on your Android or iOS mobile, and only the other can play with Xbox (and not PS4).

1 Like

I’ve resigned myself to not getting sarcasm when written (without hints) long ago.

1 Like

I’ll bear that in mind next time I try use it around you :slight_smile:

I believe they’ve already said that true “play anywhere” won’t happen, no? I can’t remember which, but either Microsoft or Sony makes it very difficult to do cross-platform stuff, and definitely no outright transferring of data.

Also, I think if they push out an update early on one of the platforms then the other one gets upset and can “punish” you with bad support/promotions. So I would assume as long as there are problems on one console then the other one will have to wait before the update is pushed out.

Yes, they indicated that this isn’t in the cards, for those reasons. Anything can change, but that’s how it is right now. So I wouldn’t hold me breath.