Console 2.1.5 Update Sneak Peek

How about some new achievements? That would get me back in the game.

2 Likes

Good luck with that, lot of people asked for it but the process of adding achievement is a real pain for f2p

Sure, especially for games like Smite, Neverwinter, Project Spark, Xbox Fitness, World of Tanks, Happy Wars, and WarfrMe. I’m sure they had a super difficult time introducing new achievements over and over and over again.

To be honest i have no idea how difficult it is, i’m just giving you the answer we got so far

@Xtowers.,

@Rickygervais Is just re stating what the develops has said on the forums in the past. They did not rule them out, just said they are difficult and not a priority at this time.

1 Like

Adding new achievements/trophies into the game is something we are interested in doing, but as @Rickygervais has mentioned, there is a bit of a process to add them in, and there is a lot of red tape by Microsoft and Sony about how many we are allowed to add and how often. As per the last set of achievements/trophies, we can only add a similar amount to these packs per “major” content update. These also require further testing by Microsoft and Sony for approval, so for the past couple of updates by Infinity Plus Two, we thought we would prioritize trying to get the patches out sooner with less hurdles. We are looking into adding more into a later update, but we are waiting until we run into less issues with Microsoft and Sony before we look into it.

13 Likes

Ah okay. I didnt realize the devs have looked into it and decided against it. @rickygervais just made it seem like it was impossible for f2p games to add achievements when there’s a ton that have done so successfully in the past. It definitely is possible. Smite especially has been great about this by adding new achievements with nearly every character add.

Thank you very much for the reply. Hopefully you can figure it out on the consoles. For us achievement and trophy hunters, I know adding new achievements can be good encouragement for players to explore new content.

1 Like

oh i am pc player and i am jelous allright :grin:

1 Like

+1 to new achievements, I am very much looking forward to some tougher ones. Glad to hear a re-affirmation the devs are still looking into adding more in a future update. I understand why they weren’t yet added in, hopefully now that the chat issues are resolved, future submissions should be more smooth.

1 Like

Yeah would be nice but look complicate, from what i understand they can’t add new achievement for what is already in the game so they need new feature to put more achievement and that mean if they do it we will probably only see 2 new achievement like they did the last time for the new treasure and new mythic level

Any word on when we’ll be getting the Blackhawk Kingdom?

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/console-2-1-5-known-issues/16682/212?u=alpheon

So just to answer this question outside of the console known issues thread, there are some rumblings around the office about a troop making her way out to players.

5 Likes

Very good news sorry for asking at the wrong place :slight_smile:

It will be on pc mobile and ps4 xbox1 at the same time for the first time ever?

So that’ll be Abynissia or Desdaemona?? :smirk:

Oh it’s all good, I just know this may spark more conversation that isn’t related to console issues XD Get in early and sort it.

That’s the goal!

I deleted the post it should be cleaner now :slight_smile:

@Alpheon so you not going to give us more details? :slight_smile:

Yeah @Alpheon can you just come out and tell us what the troop is? Ruin the Xmas surprise for us all, please?

Hopefully it’s a lump of coal troop made specifically for @Rickygervais

Or maybe it’s a grinch climbing down Ricky’s chimney, eating all his milk and cookies. And taking a dump without flushing after in Ricky’s toilet.

Make my dreams come true! Oh I wish!

1 Like