Community: Design-a-Troop Project

I think we should have the troop for Drifting Sands, and call him the Sandman. He should be composed entirely of sand. His mana colors are Brown and Yellow with a cost of 16. His troop type is an Elemental. His magic attack which is called Nightmare is to Silence a troop plus damage equal to its attack. If the troop is Silenced deal double Damage. Create 6 Yellow gems. The first two traits should be Elemental Bond and Huge. The third is called Dreamland, where he does Triple Skull Damage against Silenced Enemies. His Life should be strongest, Attack second, and Armor third. His text description should be: “This is one guy you don’t want to see in your dreams.”

Turns out we only get 4 choices for the first part of our vote, so much for creativity…

Anywho, here’s a good one for you: Insert Aladdin ripoff here. Clearly a Drifting Sands troop, Human Type. He could change X gems on the board to the color of your choice, X = Magic, then summon a Djinn Level = Magic. Legendary trait could give him a magic buff on 4 and 5 matches (if that’s not already a thing). If that’s a thing, then make him give 15 Gold, 15 Souls, and 50 Experience on 4 or 5-matches. Call it Three Wishes, flavor being that he wishes for Money, Success/Fame, and Knowledge. Maybe even higher numbers on what you get, but you would have to grind out his last trait, so that balances it.

I like the idea for the Sandman elemental. Effects have been done to triple damage on frozen and poison, but not yet on silence. Anyway, if I were to design a new legendary troop for Drifting Sands, I’d have a huge scorpion creature named Scorpio. Scorpio’s attack would be the highest skill, the health second, and the armor third. Scorpio would be a monster type troop with green and yellow mana, and his spell would be Claw Crush, which deals damage to the first two enemies, and changes brown gems to red to boost the effect. Scorpio’s traits would be sturdy, poisonous, and his last trait would be Hunt, which makes Scorpio’s skull damage always dealt to the weakest enemy instead of the first one. His text should say: “Born in late October.”

Another suggestion for an Adana troop is called Gremlin. Gremlin is basically an equivalent of Bunninog except that instead of hitting knights hardest, it hits constructs hardest, and instead of being a beast, it would be a monster (Which, Adana has NONE of right now, but what else would you classify a Gremlin as?) Gremlin’s life would be highest, the attack second, and armor third. Gremlin’s mana colors would be green and red, and its attack would be Mischief, which deals damage to an enemy, and double damage if that enemy is a construct, then increases Gremlin’s attack and lets its controller take another turn. Gremlin’s traits would be agile, regeneration, and Mayhem, which allows him to deal 5x skull damage against constructs. His text description would say: “Whatever you do, don’t get him wet.”

Also, if Maugrim Woods ever gets a new legendary troop, I’ve got a few ideas for that also. Like, since Maugrim Woods is a parody on Grimm’s fairy tales, maybe there could be a troop based on the evil queen from Snow White? But that’s not really wolf-like, so I’ve come up with an alternate troop idea. This one is called Beowulf, and his troop type would be Wildfolk, and his attack would be highest, his armor second, and his health third. Beowulf’s mana colors would be green and brown, and his attack would be Force of Nature, which gives all allied wildfolk 2 random skill points and deals damage to an enemy equal to its magic, transforming brown gems to green to boost the effect. Beowulf’s traits would be Wildfolk bond, regeneration, and his unique trait, which is Exalted. Whenever an ally casts a spell, Exalted increases all of Beowulf’s skills by 1. His text would say: “The phrase ‘top dog’ doesn’t even cover it.”

We’ve had to temporarily close Design-a-Troop. Sorry!

You can read about it here: http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/design-a-troop-project-temporarily-closed