Community: Design-a-Troop Project

I’m a little sad it’s design-by-committee as opposed to community decides best design. Still near though, and thanks for owning!

I think both routes have their merits, personally i’d love some player designed entries and their thought process behind them too, i’m sure they could come up with something very creative.

we also still need a soul generator more than a map generator… i see so many people ranting about having 1000’s of maps (not me, but hey)

what about a soul generator that mana burns into souls like a 3:1 ratio?

2 Likes

This is the way it’s been done before by the likes of Blizzard, and to me actually feels more collaborative… Rather than everyone submits a complete idea (many of which will be junk, but people will be offended when anyone says it’s junk or votes for something else), this way we all vote at each stage and all get a bit of what we want… Or it will please no one exactly but be overall better for everyone, more democratic, that kind of thing… democratic in a benevolent-tyranny-Jainus-is-in-charge kind of way :smiley:

3 Likes

This is because those complaining are from high tier guilds.

1 Like

Hahaha, @Jainus, if we had to pick a benevolent dictator you’d be on the short list!

I’m generally always opposed to design-by-committee. Probably my experience in corporate America. It always leads to something that takes twice as long and is a Frankenstein-inspired monstrosity that no one is pleased with. I’d much rather have a leader lead.

Speaking of this do we have a troop based around frankenstein?

Flesh golem.

1 Like

That did not seem frankenstein enough for me, even his flavor texts seems off. I thought the flesh golem was a daemon from christian mythology.

Golems are Hebrew originally.

I was referring to Golgothan from christian mythology as the flesh golem.

Golgothan is a made up creature for the movie Dogma. ANYWAY! We should continue this conversation in pm or something instead of hijacking this fine thread.

Damn, i was thinking about a design contest for the community following these steps: (Just a few ones because i was still working on the idea.)

• Some participants would enter the competition.
  • The community would vote for the theme of the cards. (“Mana generator”, “New Trait”, “New mechanic”)
  • The competitors would submit the cards, explain the features and maybe some lore about the character.
  • The community would cast the votes.

At the end of each month we would get one winner and at the end of the year i was thinking about contacting the devs about the chance to get one of the cards created. Well, maybe i’ll do it anyway because it would be fun.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

I really like this idea!

Looks like Adana is going to be the next kingdom getting a new troop. Pity, I was kinda hoping for some new troops for Maugrim Woods (I love wolves). All in good time, I suppose. Anyway, my idea for a new legendary Adana troop is a Human named Gearheart. Gearheart should have relatively high stats befitting a legendary creature, with his highest stat being attack, second highest health, third armor, and no points for magic (He has a spell that doesn’t rely on magic). Gearheart has long white hair, and a beard, with armor, glowing eyes, and huge robotic arms. His mana colors are red and yellow. His spell costs twelve mana, and is Fists of Steel, which deals damage to two target creatures equal to his attack, and when the spell is cast, his controller can take an extra turn if there are ten or more yellow gems on the board. Gearheart’s traits are impervious, stoneskin, and his unique trait, Upgrading. Upgrading allows Gearheart to gain 1 armor when matching yellow gems, and 1 attack when matching red gems, making his Fists of steel all the more lethal, and him all the more protected. The text description should say: “Which would you call for this guy? A cardiologist or a mechanic?” Anyway, feel free to tell me what you think.

Here’s another new idea for a new legendary Adana troop: A construct named Clockwork Dragon. The appearance would be a robot-shaped dragon that was breathing fire or something, and it’s colors would be brown and blue. Armor would be this troop’s strongest asset, attack second-strongest, health third, and magic least. Clockwork Dragon’s traits would be Impervious, Huge, and his unique trait, which would be Armor Force. Whenever the controller of Clockwork Dragon matches four or more gems, Armor Force gives all constructs 1 armor. Clockwork Dragon’s spell should be Overdrive, which destroys a row of the controller’s choice and deals damage to an enemy of the controller’s choice boosted by red gems destroyed. It also deals 1 damage to each adjacent enemy, inflicts 4 damage to Clockwork Dragon, and increases Clockwork Dragon’s attack by the number of green gems destroyed. If Overdrive destroys an enemy, Clockwork Dragon gains 8 magic. Clockwork Dragon’s text description should say: “No, he never fought Godzilla, but it would’ve been cool.”
Anyway, once again, feel free to tell me what you think.

Concept is pretty cool, third trait is interesting and not too strong (cousin to Moloch’s Suppression but not as good, might need work)… Concept makes me want to see two troop types attached to some troops again

Spell feels a bit busy and doing too many unrelated things, too much like Gorgon, and not unique enough for our unique chance with this project…

I’d prefer: Overdrive: blue/brown - destroy a chosen row, give all allies buff to attack and armour boosted by red gems hit, and give all other constructs 6 mana (cost tbc) - just as an example
And associate maybe a different legendary trait: Energise: when I match 4/5 gems, create 2 red and 2 yellow gems on board

I like the idea of Overdrive and Energize. I was picturing an attack rather than a buff for Overdrive, but buffs have their advantages, and anything that boosts armor AND attack is worth having (Not to mention giving allied constructs mana can really help your team). I also like the Energize trait, as so constructs in general use red and/or yellow gems.

I like this idea:
Third trait:
Energize
On 4 or 5 matches all constructs gain 2 mana of the type matched if applicable.

1 Like