Awards - Krystara Honors - Brain Storming

I don’t know, @Nimhain, there’s only one dev who treats us to new troop teasers in her icon…

I suggest:

• Most versatile troop
  • Most versatile hero weapon
  • Most interesting kingdom story arc
  • Best hair: troop edition
  • Best hair: forum icon edition
1 Like

I like this one… :slight_smile:

I’m a shoe-in for this one! :tosses leaves over shoulder: :kissing_heart:

I suggest a ‘Best Sound Effect’ category…and second @Nimhain’s suggestion of best artwork/design graphic.

Could be a sound when casting (KoS, Banshee), sound when being defeated (Blast Cannon), opening scores, trait sound or simply the sound of money, key or map dropping…

@yonizaf I’m with you. I think True Shot is a fantastic trait. It makes invasion fast and efficient. I used it briefly on my defense team just to see what would happen, but I don’t use it there any more and won’t again. I don’t want to win every defense battle because I like doing revenges (not that I won every defense battle, anyway).

True Shot can be fought effectively. Characters with that trait are not immune to spell damage of any kind that I know of, and it seems to me that skull matches caused by a spell (such as by Skeleton or Sheggra) are more likely to get through than regular on the board matches. I don’t think this trait needs to be near fed at all. And when some of you start fighting fully traited dragon teams, etc., you will be grateful for a trait that does that much damage because it will be the only way you will survive.

Edit: Sorry for the mostly off topic post, but I really felt yonizaf deserved some support.

But there’s no contest…Mana SUUURGE! :stuck_out_tongue:

The suggested trait voting should be named to:

• Most Enjoyable 2015 Trait

Candidates being:
True Shot, Agile, Stoneskin, Impervious, Jinx, Cursed,
Blessed, Empowered, (Mana) Link, & (Mana) Spirit

And most hated team renamed to:

• Most Annoying 2015 Defense Team!

Candidates being:
(Almost) All Goblins
Skeleton Slaughter
Too Many Rock Worms
(Almost) All Dragons
True Shot Leads
Stoneskin Shields
Singular Troop

Finally, I recommend “Best 2015 Nerf” changed to “Best 2015 Adjustment” or “Best 2015 Alteration”
Though I guess “nerf” would get the point across best it’s mainly for negative changes.

Obviously this would include Webspinner, the whole “gem generation no longer scales to magic” thing, etc.

If we’re going to have a Most Annoying/ Hated Defense Team, we must have Favourite Enemy Defense Team (Team Fortress Gate anyone?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Wearisome Webspinners should definitely be in that list…which will also go close to winning best ‘adjustment/nerf’ award.

Oh, thank you, this makes much more sense than ‘most hated team’.

But… these are only current annoying teams. If it’s going to be like that, there is no point in adding ‘2015’ to the name of the category. IMO there should be some historic annoying teams on the list (before certain nerfs/patches), most obvious example being 3*Webspinner+Orb and similar.
Same thing should apply to other similar categories with predetermined choices.

2 Likes

New categories I came up with (I also brought some nominates) :

• Worst spell to troop synergy nominates :
    :point_right: Fenrir who can boost better beast while not being one (besides, there are very few beasts in the game and they ALL use green mana too except for Serpent)
    :point_right: Thrall, because the higher his magic level, the more gems he will destroy, the less likely he is to have an extra turn !
    :point_right: Dokkalfar, he can only summon, and his summoned troop uses the same mana as him !

• Worst trait to troop synergy nominates :
    :point_right: Reaver’s 2nd trait, he removes red gems with his spell but needs to be paired with red gem users to improve his spell effectiveness. How dumb.
    :point_right: Goblin King’s first trait, leader, he needs to be put in the first place while his spell allows him to summon a troop, and we all know to well he would be the first one to die, leaving him no opportunity to actually summon anything…
    :point_right: Nymph’s nature link. I don’t say it’s useless, I’m just pointing out the fact that she has NOTHING to deal with green gems, but she has nature link… Why?

• Best trait to spell synergy nominates :
    :point_right: Valkyrie’s water traits, how generous of Valkyrie to offer one of her traits to further help water spell users charging up? (in the same veins, Acolyte’s Stone Link comes in handy to charge his stone user friends.)
    :point_right: The “Huge” trait on Abhorath emphasize with his amazing regeneration capacities and could turn him into the strongest unit in the game !
    :point_right: Huge usually find itself as a way to improve one’s tankyness, but on Hydra, it allows its spell to deal great damages too! Talk about synergy !

• Worst unit name nominates :
    :point_right: “Dokkalfar” just because that troop is my scapegoat and has a weird name, but I guess it doesn’t compare to the next nominate…
    :point_right: “Cthyryzyx” Does anyone even bother to spell its name? Whenever I think about him, I just picture it’s image, never its name, to complicated
    :point_right: “Zephyros” is this supposed to be a mix between FFVII’s Sephiroth and Zephyr? I can’t help myself but “sing” the One Winged Angel song, yelling “ZEPHIROS” instead of “SEPHIROTH” whenever I see him !
3 Likes
  • Cuddliest looking unit: I vote for the Druid
  • Meanest looking unit: I vote for the Elf-Eater
  • Favorite 2015 Dev member: that’s a harsh one, everyone’s doing a great job. I think I’d vote for Nimhaim, she’s been nothing but awesome.
  • Favorite 2015 New Kingdom: Wild Plains. I love all the units.
  • Favorite 2015 New Troop: Soothsayer.
  • Worst 2015 New Troop: Aziris. Just no.
  • Best 2015 nerf: fixing Sheggra’s bug. Well, it’s not a nerf, but it was super welcome.
  • Favorite 2015 New feature: level up a troop in one click, finally!
  • Most Hated 2015 team: Skeleton combo, tired of them already, far far more than any previous repeated iteration. I just skip them now.

The red gems are counted before the destruction of gems. So if there are exactly 10 red gems on the playfield he will get that extra turn no matter how much he destroys.

I tried, you’re right ^^’

It was meant to be inspired from the Cthulhu mythos.

The name Zephyros comes from the name of the West Wind in Greek Mythology.

2 Likes

I think about LoL’s Zephyr, RIP six item boot remover. :cry:

2 Likes

How about:

• Cutest couple, storyline epics (speculative, of course)

For the storyline, I’d go with Drakstone. When I first read it, I thought Dimetraxia would end up being the bad guy, what with us releasing a dragon without any background on how she ended up there… I thought she might have laid rampage to the island previously. I was wrong of course, but I had fun discovering it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cutest couple, I’d go with Tau and Faunessa. They would be so cuddly… :heart_eyes:
(Also, she would slay him with her superpower if things went wrong, she’s her nemesis in that regard :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

All, thank-you for your suggestion!
Some of them are amazing!

I’ll gather the suggestion and have a vote, to pick the best ones on Monday.

My daughter is named Zephyr :slight_smile: