And new week in GW and what do we have --- Famine again

Yeah that… oh and ofcourse that this troop is ridiculously overpowered in the most annoying possible way.

How about a Famine awareness week? Everyone owning a Famine refuses to use it in GW and PvP for a week and instead has to come up with counters that actually take effort and judgement, and that need one troop to counter one enemy troop instead of using that one troop that counters three or four enemy troops with one cast.
It is not impossible, it is just a completely different game, is all.
Just so people really get to appreciate how much Famine dumbs the whole GW thing down by trivializing not just one troops spellbased threat but ALL of them at the same time.

2 Likes

What if all cards were equal in strength? I don’t get why some cards are amazing and some flat suck, I know there are different rarities but in the end it would be nice to have a few hundred choices of teams instead of using 4. I guess it comes down to how long will you use the same team just to win or will you get bored and find a new game? I am replying to the thread and not you, I hit the wrong reply tho and I’m not retyping lol.

1 Like

Well… I just did my five consecutive GW battles… which were:

1. Kerberos/GiantSpider/Kerberos/ForestGuardian
  2. Kerberos/GiantSpider/Kerberos/ForestGuardian
  3. Kerberos/GiantSpider/ForestGuardian/Kerberos
  4. Kerberos/GiantSpider/Kerberos/ForestGuardian
  5. DeathKnight/Kerberos/ForestGuardian/Kerberos

…it makes me really look forward to tomorrow…

Well, as you can see, this may have already started…

14 Likes

Haha yeah, i meant to refuse using Famine in offense.
I realize that for defenses Famine already has taken a back seat to spell-based devours(which ironically Famine is the greatest counter to when using it in offense), and that Devour is probably the greater issue atm.
But i leave the Devour fight to others, i can’t be seen on too many nerf war fronts, i am fully dedicated to Famine my Nemesis :wink:

1 Like

I’d noticed…

3 Likes

Are you sure we didnt fight the exact same guild?

That was my exact 5 battles as well… so much for diversity

3 Likes

3 trophy PvP is showing up a helluva lotta these as well… back to a single troop defence for me…

1 Like

I think if we took summon a warg trAit from Kerbos he wouldn’t be as big of a threat, it’s that reason he is twice as deadly. Make him impervious instead. Lmao.

Almost all of my 2 and 3-trophy PVP offers are Kerberos / FG in some combination.

But ironically none of my GW battles contained one of these teams. In fact 3 of my 5 matches were against Khorvash / Valk combinations of some kind.

2 Likes

Khorvash is stupid too, basically most of what can be said about Famine also applies in slightly different form to him. His drain is absurd, he doesn’t oneshoot a troop, but practically twoshoots two troops, The Devs really need to reevaluate manadrain, especially full manadrains.

5 Likes

Agree. I’d sooner see Khorvash nerfed further than Famine actually.

Famine sometimes one-shots a troop. Khorvash will always two-shot two troops.

3 Likes

Sounds like we just need a easy button

Famine simply needs to have his mana cost changed back to 24. His spell is powerful but the real issue is that a couple of cascades fill him in 1 turn.

5 Likes

25 at the least, not because that is enough to justify such an overpowered spell, but because it is currently the highest manacost for a spell in the game, and i think the most powerful spell in the game deserves at least that.

5 Likes

I could go for that.

2 Likes

This just realistically can’t be achieved in a game. I would never want to do game balance for a living. In shooters, you will always have the best weapon in it’s class. If they nerf it, it will be replaced by another one. People may claim that the other weapons aren’t bad, they are just “situational”.

Same goes to Gems of War. Some cards will just objectively be the best cards to use. It doesn’t make the other cards not good, just makes them “situational”. If every card is even on strength, there would be no variety within the game. Cards must do different things, and to assign a strength to those actions and then balance it becomes impossible.

3 Likes

Korvash is a LOT easier to manage then Famine for 3 reasons:
1- He uses 2 colours instead of 3, so it’s easier to colour-block him.
2- He just drains 2 guys, so you can still get mana for your last troops and counteract.
3- He mostly hangs in top spot so he dies quicker then a Famine hidden in third spot (because even drained, you can still use Skulls).

1 Like

I was thinking, now we need a troop that can mana drain the last 2 troops and deal some form of damage. Would be cool! :smiley:

1 Like

I see your 25 Famine Mana cost and raise you to 26. :smiley:

2 Likes

He also only needs three 3-matches to fill, often not possible to deny that from a starting board.[quote=“Venar, post:158, topic:23835”]
2- He just drains 2 guys, so you can still get mana for your last troops and counteract.
[/quote]
Sure, but the troops he drains are also the first ones who get the collected mana, especially in mono colour teams like they are used in GW the colour your teams focuses on has to trickle through two troops to land at a place safe from Khorvashs’ drain.
Also putting your main managenerators in slot 3 and 4 will also slow you down additionally in mono colour teams potentially making it even slower to get anything meaningful going.

True, he is also somewhat protected from skull damage, and aiming for skulls will further slow down your mana progression early in the game.

2 Likes