Allow me to tell you the tale of the 30 minute Guild Wars fight

The colour is red for today on console I see when I log in, not the easiest colour but it’s not that big a deal. Until this happens…

At that point in time I was just going to retreat out of pure frustration, smash stuff up outside and probably end up with a criminal record. Something told me that I could turn this around and win…maybe it was Carnex.

As the battle was furiously fought I had to endure an army of summons and fight on, but I was STILL certain of myself getting the win…

About 25 minutes in this is it! The win is ALMOST in sight!!! What a miracle.

Nothing can stop this from being my absolute best comeback since I can remember?! Absolutely not, no. I FINALLY did it! Half an hour to win a Guild Wars match, suffered through RNG punishment and Kerberos was felled.

Was this a fun match? To a certain extent, yes. Am I insane for attempting to win? Probably. Does devour need looked at by @Sirrian and the team? I’d say so.

31 Likes

5 Likes

And the crowd goes wild!

4 Likes

I had to laugh at this. Well done for completing the game, I’d have probably just took the loss and retreated :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I might need to go to rehab soon since I’m still recovering from what happened…! I don’t think I’ll ever be the same.

4 Likes

So lemme get this straight… Enemy kirby devoured thrice? And you still won even tho the game was OBVIOUSLY cheating?

Good form brudda good form

2 Likes

there is no trice at :red_circle:burningred days:red_circle:

i envy your victory @Verdugo :grin: when i try - my carnex dies too fast :sweat_smile:
well done :grin:

2 Likes

Stop holding your Armor and Life kingdom at level 9 then Anna! :grin:

2 Likes

maybe if one day i go for bracket1…
until then…

NEVAH! :grin:

1 Like

Interviewer: So Verdugo, it was an epic battle, one of the all time greats. For a long time there it looked like you were beaten. It’s been 30 whole minutes - roughly 15 times the length of a normal battle. Tell me: how does it feel to have finally won?

Verdugo:

6 Likes

Here’s the REAL interview reaction I had!

5 Likes

well it wasnt so bad, it could have been your 1st gw fight of the day :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers on the victory!
It sounds like you need a drink @Verdugo.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I lost a battle last week b/c of the Dire Wolf summon. Didn’t even know it was a thing.

My longest GW battle was similar, but came down to my Giant Spider vs an enemy Kerberos. I lost count of how many Spider Swarms got devoured. Finally lost to a skull cascade.