A little rant before I leave the game for a while/There be memes!

IMHO, yes, you are. As are all the others that seem to relish spamming every other thread with memes…

What’s so difficult about having a civilized discussion with just words? Why must there always be annoying (and admittedly occasionally funny) pictures in every topic where people are disagreeing on something?

But that’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think you are annoying, maybe people just don’t a take a break from their seriousness as regularly as they need. In some discussions it’s unavoidable to get upset sometimes, and that’s because some people often have an “I am right!” posture. Some random nonsense being spilled here and there helps to ease the animosities. Of course it’s natural that some people who where arguing would be very upset because they feel you are mocking their rightful ideas and that’s absurd! Outrageous!

2 Likes

@Darkness i am perfectly capable of having a civilized discussion about anything i am knowledgeable about however @Ivar said it perfectly…

While i understand and appreciate everyones passion for this marvelous game i cant get super worked up about it because it is just that… A GAME

I feel that comedy is a very useful tool when discussions start to get a bit heated. Especially when the participants are ppl i would consider friends (albeit online) and dont want them to develop a genuine dislike for each other

So if my memes and gifs or ridiculous statements bother someone or are viewed as toxic by them then my suggestion to them would be to roll your eyes and keep scrolling

I asked if anyone thought i was “poisonous” in gest as a response to @Luther because bottom line when we get right down to it, i dont care if someone thinks im poisonous

How about that was that enough of a “civilized discussion”?

6 Likes

Omg, that’s what i always do, get out of my head!!

2 Likes

You might overestimate on the disagreement part. I am ok with people having other opinions, what i find very distasteful is the continuous mocking that some people are allowed to do in the forum. And beware, they don’t do it occasionally, albeit i wouldn’t have complained, but seems a widespread behaviour.

Mocking doesn’t add anything civilized to a discussion, is made for trolling and flaming, not to make a topic relax.
Actually :

shows the clear intent of destroying a thread. Nothing comic out of it, just pure simple trolling.

Your humor is poisonous to my “like” count, you fiend!

4 Likes

In his defense, have you actually looked at the thread, the OP and its intent? If any thread is deserving of being destroyed by memes, this one is definitely a frontrunner.

4 Likes

4 Likes

@Gouki exactly

2 Likes

@ogunther
About your like count brudda

4 Likes

3 Likes

Argh! Another post I can’t like! You monster!

5 Likes

2 Likes

And he has 20 more minutes to go to torture you with memes you can’t like!

3 Likes

2 Likes

@ogunther

2 Likes

there is no “thread deserving of being destroyed by memes”.

the rules of the forum, clearly talk about respecting people. The only reason certain individuals are allowed to continually disrespect other people is because the rules aren’t enforced.

1 Like

Ack! It hurts; make it stop!

5 Likes

@Luther dont be so butthurt cuz your thread got shut down due to your belligerence

1 Like

I just said MAYBE, as far as i try to be a reasonable person i can consider a wide variety of cases where people can exaggerate with their “funny vein” as much as some can be strictly uptight and take offense on literaly anything.

But well, it’s not my duty to convince you of this, i believe you’ll see for yourself if you stick on the forums for a while.

2 Likes