2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

That is a weird music video for that song. Here is the best AMV for the song.

Comes from the Anime Nichijou which is very funny. (and voice of Fry)

1 Like

HYPETRAIN COMES!!! JUMP ON^^

9 Likes

This update is brought to you by the men with hats.

1 Like

That was so cool to watch! The amount of editing to get the lip-syncing and actions just right must have taken forever!!

Also super excited for incoming data overload

Oh boy - and we have a holiday on thursday =D =D =D
where I live at least ^^

When do patch notes generally get posted? Only after servers go down?

Yes, to avoid people taking advantage of foreknowledge (I suppose, not sure what sort of thing you could prep for).

2 Likes

Maybe if keys were getting nerfed, then people could use all their keys before servers went down or something… But I guess if that was happening the devs would provide some reimbursement similar to troop refunds.

Either way, thanks for the quick answer :smiley:

That would cause quite an uproar. People have been saving for weeks.

Heh, I wasn’t suggesting that it would happen in this patch. Just that that might be the kind of patch note information people could take advantage of.

Yeah they changed keys that one time and told us weeks in advance so we could decide for ourselves in the event we disagreed with the change for some reason. They’re good like that.

2 Likes

@Sirrian, @Nimhain: Is the current event going to end when the 2.0 version goes live?

Or is it just the PVP even that ends (to facilitate the start of the new PVP leaderbpard system)? And will the Nobend Brothers and the Arcane lava stones stay in the glory packs until monday?

5 Likes

I think the PVP will be switched over to the new system but the Nobend Event will remain as is.

3 Likes

The bloodbath for the top 10 this week will be fun to watch.

6 Likes

In my mind Sirrian is already behind the green curtain cackling

1 Like

I guess I’ll join him in observing the bloodbath then. Those top positions on the leaderboard are going to require a huge amount of playing GoW, which I simply don’t have the time for. I play this game for fun, not as a second full time job next to my regular job. :smiley:

4 Likes

The current event, Enter the Nobends, will end when the servers go down.
When they come back up, you’ll receive your rewards for ranking as if it were a Monday changeover,

THEN a new “Enter the Nobends” event will begin and run until Monday, using the new PvP system.
Events will now end 8 hours earlier than previously… up until now, event changeover has happened at 3pm GMT Monday. That is moving to 7am GMT.

The reasons for this time change?

1. We’re all in the office at this time - it’s 5pm in Australia. And if something goes wrong, it’s not just myself and Nimhain sitting up at 1am trying to fix it!
  2. It’s (close to) our lowest number of users for the day, and that should help alleviate the stress on the servers (we hope!!!)
17 Likes

Haha, we’re still going to crash your servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Happy to hear about the changeover time change! I’m usually asleep when the current changeover occurs, but only by, like, an hour.

Prepare for lots of people asking about the changeover happening sooner than usual.
(I’m bookmarking your post in preparation, unless you’re planning to make an official topic on the subject.)

Aww but I liked being around when the changeovers happened… :frowning:

Fair enough though :stuck_out_tongue: