2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

So that’s 3 AM EDT, right? Going back to midnight West Coast Time… most people in the US will be asleep, I’m guessing that is a big reason why there’s a low number of users :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel accomplished when we crash his servers too!

1 Like

I just liked getting the new troop and finding any of the bugs that might have come with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2am CST for me. Takes me out of the running for any top spots.

This sounds like a lesson you’ve learned a few times…

I’m excited for the time change, no more waiting till after my Monday morning meeting to seer the new stuff!

2 Likes

You are not the only one, the majority will not be online. The top spots will be taken by someone who is able to play right before the changeover. One of the pitfalls of this system.

1 Like

I’m guessing the Dev’s will be keeping an eye on this, and possibly adjust things if it becomes a massive problem.

But at the same time, it’s always going to be the middle of the night for someone, and the times with least people on is likely to cause less problems for the devs.

4 Likes

Perfectly explained. It’s a 7 days period, all players will have equal amount of day/night periods. .

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how much the matchmaking will allow last minute targeting of key rivals…

2 Likes

That’s not the issue. It’s the “last push” that I will not be a part of. I’m in bed 5 hrs before reset. It’s no deal breaker or anything. I was just looking forward to competing.

1 Like

The change in time makes no difference to me. Either it’s in the morning when I am at work (new time) or it’s in the afternoon when I am at work (old time)…

It’s a game with players all around the globe, so there are always going to be people who can’t be online when the event ends.

4 Likes

You still get roughly equal amounts of potential play time throughout the weekend. Just need a healthy margin before you go to bed on Sunday night.

2 Likes

Sounds simple, but I imagine that won’t be possible. I am very well aware of the world I live in. I am talking from my perspective. I’m going to do myself a favor, and just play the game and quit posting on these forums.

1 Like

6 Likes

Let see how it goes for a week or 2 before poutting.

3 Likes

I’m not “pouting”. I am speaking from my perspective. The new reset time sucks for ME. Still speaking for myself now, I am well aware of the world around me. Still speaking for myself. I am no spokesman for anyone in the CST time zone. I am only speaking for myself. This community has a very annoying habit of imposing their opinions as facts. I am only speaking from my perspective. Goodness.

Real classy @Mufasha

7 Likes

Well, his Picachu IS crying…

1 Like

Classy in its cleverness. My pic is Articuno, and having Pikachu waving at me is quite clever.

3 Likes

I disagree, only Moltres and Zapdos can compete with Articuno classiness! :wink:

3 Likes

On the risk of going off topic… I always felt Articuno was the classiest of the three. Didn’t like the other two as much…

1 Like