2.0 PvP Preview

cough Anything with goblins or rock worms. :slight_smile:

Easy to beat at high level.

I take Goblins and worms any day over traited dragons or Gorgotha+anything, Goblins die so much faster and it is an actual fight not a turtle festival.

Oh I can beat it for sure with Gorgi, but that doesn’t mean I or most like fighting them. lol

There are some awesome anti dragon teams also :wink:

I laugh at 4x celestasia as I crush it into dust.

On PC/Mobile, the people around the 600-1,000 area don’t tend to lose battles. The only way to make them “lose” is to use a team that will take them so long to kill that it wouldn’t be worth invading. This should also reduce one’s team score since most annoying teams don’t need legends.

Yes, building a good team will actually be beneficial now, but if that good team has too high of a score it will just make the person even more of a target. I’m pretty sure any level 800-1,000 using 3-4 legends is going to get targeted so hard that it won’t matter what the composition is.

The best team has to be one that avoids too high a score to avoid the 3 trophy slot for higher players, but still be strong enough to beat people who it will show up as 3 trophies for. I believe that will be the meta. Yes it is still built to win, but not built to be trophy profitable. While only in game testing will tell, I am quite sure that is the best method.

2 Likes

I have no problem beating them either, but they still take more time than Goblins do once Celest and Venoxia cuddle up.

This is true, goblins can be eaten in 4-8 good turns…

Well that entirely depends on whether base rarity is a significant factor in evaluating team score. If actual rarity factors in the team score much more than base rarity, cheesing the system by taking low base rarity troops will not be an issue.

So are we talking blues and purples here?

@Gouki Fine… I’ll just go 3x Inferno King + Mercy. Summons are being buffed next patch, which means Inferno King becomes the the new “old evasion”, but it is for all of his life instead of 1 skull dodge. :wink:

1 Like

I wonder how/if the daily login reward will be adjusted? Since getting to rank 1 will no longer be the 90 min cakewalk it usually is (according to Sirrian) will the 1000 gold 16 daily Glory hold up?

2 Likes

Yes, every time you hit a new tier you can collect the bonuses each time

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation Cell, that resolves one of my concerns.

Is NO ONE else worried about the gold gains? In the preview they are minuscule compared to current pvp gold gain.

Hopefully it’s just the examples that were shown and not an actual nerf to pvp gold gain.

1 Like

Sirrian mentioned that they tested all of their games on 2000 bot accounts. The gold gains may not be accurate in comparison to the actual player base.

Unless it’s a Great Maw / Mercy enemy team and something goes wrong with the coin toss…

I think we are analysing things far too much…

New Winnings for rank 1
Gold = 4375
Souls = 535
Glory = 275
Keys = 46

Pretty big bump!

4 Likes

Judging by the numbers in there…

Start with 500 points at Rank 15. Gain average of 16 points for a win, maxing out around 30 - lets go with an adjusted average of 20 because we’re going to aim for the best gains typically. PVP Rank 1 is up there on 1900 points. That means you need +70 wins (give or take), whereas right now its possible to hit Rank 1 in something like 21 wins.

So yeah, it’ll be a bit harder. I’m OK with this.

They might have some sort of win streak bonus…

2 Likes

I hope defend loses don’t break win streak.