2.0 PvP Preview

He’ll need to pick matches carefully then - there’s three to choose from…

…or stick to casual pvp mode which should be far lower risk and can yield trophies slowly…

…or get better at the game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what I keep saying =p

Anyway, I think he is rank averse. And I hope his reaction is not typical because he is looking around for something else, which sucks for me. I am getting the “I am not being forced into some lame guild with poor rewards because the Devs insist I play far more than I can” ragequit speech.

I think the changes look great, but we will see where the chips fall.

And Sirrian should consider going into radio production or reading Audible books as a side job. Great voice.

Nimhain was better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There are definitely thresholds around 50 and 200 where you suddenly start facing a lot tougher opponents. My assumption is that these will mostly disappear with the introduction of Team Score and PvP Points and a true ranking system. Should make it much more dynamic.

That said, people complained a lot about the original design of 2.0 Ranked which led to the Casual Mode. Definitely can continue to grind in Casual if that’s more to your liking.

Based on the rewards screens in the videos and my guesstimates about the size of the player base and its activity levels, I’m thinking you’ll be able to play about as many matches as you would currently to get to Rank 1 and get more rewards than you do now. I’m also thinking you could probably just play a few matches, get okay rewards, and then do Casual if that’s more your thing, and still come out pretty as well or better than the current system.

It’s really hard for me to see who suffers in this system unless lower level players have no hope of competing for the top spots b/c of the way points are awarded.

1 Like

Very impressed with the new ideas and challenges. What does concern me though, is the number of reset problems we are having both now and in the past. For example, in my Guild there was one serious one last week and another player has a major problem this week with NOTHING being shown for his progress. This ‘could’ have put him in danger of being bumped out of the Guild!

So, my question is: What has been done to prevent so many resets that may cause grief to players in update 2.0?

So I noted some oddness related to difficulties while re-watching the ranked pvp video. The first selection shown when they enter based on team score is Easy - 164, Medium - 840, Hard - 1027. When they select to battle we see that their currently selected team is scored at 1124 as a point of comparison. Then when they back out and select a new list of fights they end up with Easy - 1027, Medium - 1074, and Hard - 1444. Every match listed is “harder” (or equal to) the Hard difficulty from the last selection. Then they refresh again and get Easy - 178, Medium - 1586, and Hard - 3016. Now we have two scores significantly above the Hard difficulty of the first batch and a complete gimmie on the easy level. The variation on Easy, Medium, and Hard seems extremely chaotic. Any clarification on what determines the classification? In case anyone cares, the average for the scores across the matches we were shown is Easy - 464, Medium - 1189, Hard - 2092. This is for a person fielding a team scored at 1124 though I can’t imagine their currently fielded team has anything to do with the selections made (or that is going to be the easiest to game system ever).

Also, choosing easier battles does not appear to be a way to insulate yourself against losses. If the board randomly decides you lose or you get a roll like the second one in the video it could be quite the loss. Just an observation counter to the sentiment that seemed to be running through the comments. Playing it safe (especially with the chaotic difficulties) is not very safe at all possibly leading to even more squeeze out of the playerbase. The average spread for each difficulty put easy at -10, Medium at .5 and Hard at 12. This could make going up a difficulty but losing slightly more a viable option.

On defense losses counting against PvP standing, what level are they counted at? The point losses for losing matches we initiate vary from 6 to 19 in the shown match suggestions. What determines which value we lose? Is it once again based on these extremely volatile “difficulty” tiers presented to the invader?

-Razlath

2 Likes

Thanks @Koolbiird. I did search ‘resets’ and read lots of posts, but there are too many posts and limited time to grind my way through. Now just found out you can sort the search results into Relevance or Latest etc (Doh) There are problems with this link too:

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I must be missing something because it certainly doesn’t work for me and doesn’t give feedback of what the problem is. like, ‘your password is not recognised’. Even trying to rectify password through email is unworkable. Java is enabled in my browser.

So, as I understand it. We accept there will be reset problems and if we try to report it we can’t?

Nice! :flushed:

Very interesting question!

I’ll pray to the RNG gods that you’re right. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Your welcome. The link worked for me on my phone; but as far as submitting a ticket, you can but Nimhain mentioned they were no longer investigating the issue, and with 2.1, they are hoping the issue will be resolved.

Where did you hear/see this? From what i understand you can only see who has attacked you, not which troops.

Thanks @Koolbiird. I accept they have stopped looking at fixing the issue and we have to soldier on for a couple of months but, was hoping that reporting it would enable the Devs to manually correct my guild-mates problem so he doesn’t get booted for inactivity. Unfortunately, I tried but was unable to report it. Anyway, I’m salivating at the new goodies in 2.0 :yum:

this guy said it. No idea how valid it is.

1 Like

But you still get to scout, and select from 3 team options. I suspect people will work even HARDER to avoid trolling defense teams.

2 Likes

In the video the attacking team is not shown in the battle logs, just the player(hero) and his stats.

Edit: though there is a mysterious “Fight” button in the battle logs, so that might be a replay of sorts, afaik console players already have that option.

I have two questions that I would like confirmation on?

1. Do you get EACH tier reward every time you hit a new tier? If so AWESOME. If it’s only the difference, then the rewards are DRASTICALLY lower.

2. The gold rewards for each match seems to have shrunk considerably, this worries me because it looks like it’s going to make gold gain a lot slower.

2 Likes

That is the whole point. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is not good for people to attack you. The best meta team is one that scares off high leveled players due to how annoying it is, but strong enough that it wins against lower players that attack.

3 Likes

Nope. Consoles are the same as the current PvP with the exception that the hero picks 1 of 3 random weapons as well.

I see. I thought you meant designing teams that would actually beat people more.

I wish THAT was the goal of a defense team - to win battles. But if the goal is to scare people off - it’s probably better to design a team that looks annoying to face.