2.0 PvP Preview

70 wins? that’s crazy.

That means going for max trophies in ranked with each opponent would net you 210 trophies for your guild for Rank 1.

Nothing crazy about that… I mean, it might take all week. Who knows.

Since they said that rank 5 is mostly comparable to the current rank 1 in prizes, I was curious what the prizes for the new rank 5 will be:

Rank 5:
2125 gold
15 keys
275 souls

2 Likes

Same math for rank 5 since that seems to be the “old rank 1” from what we have been told.
500 start, Rank 5 is 1500. So you need to gain 1000 with the 20 per win noted is 50 wins. A bit closer to the 21 wins previously but still more than double.

Assuming 20 pts per win and a starting rating of 500 the old 21 wins puts you at 920. That is basically the new rank 11 which shows a cumulative award of 550 gold and 50 souls. Quite a bit off from the old rank 1 for the same number of wins.

I still don’t have a problem with ranking being a weeklong endeavor, and I am betting many people play much more than the 21 needed to achieve rank 1. I am already inspired to play a bit more per week and this hasn’t even dropped yet!

One big assumption we have made is that the PvP standing rewards will be the same regardless of player level. I certainly hope this is true as it serves to help level the playing field, but could also be not true. We have a sample size of 1 currently which really doesn’t guarantee we draw good conclusions.

As a note to those noting lower gold amounts, the account we were shown is only lvl 20, so that might help to explain the smaller gold amounts as well. I don’t remember my lvl 20 gold wins for PvP but I remember them being pretty abysmal for the perceived risk I was being asked to take. That was a while ago though, so current experience may be different.

-Razlath

Wow … what a huge resonance. Finally I also have time to react. First I want to thank @Sirrian @Nimhain and the rest of the crew very much. In particular, for all the work on the upcoming patch and of course for the first views. I’m sure the next patch will be a significant milestone in the history of GoW. I love competition and am very excited about the implementation of the upcoming patch… :grinning:

Not so fast friend… First you have to avoid my Special Traps… I know your weak points… :smirk::stuck_out_tongue:
We are prepared :wink:

1 Like

Very good point. That combined with a gem cost to cycle opponents likely sounds the death knell for my interest in the game.

I’ll try to remain optimistic, but given the incentive to maximize defense effectiveness I feel like the meta will rapidly converge on 1 or 2 objectively best teams that are not fun to fight.

1 Like

And then she left and the community cried. Then she came back monday cause she does not work weekends and the community rejoices. (speculation)

i think that once it is out the data will be mined relentlessly.

What if the points are the deciding factor but a level 10 player could get it because they only face level 10 players?[quote=“Ashasekayi, post:125, topic:6752”]
On a side note, why are guild names displayed? Won’t that leave the door open for some targeted trolling?
[/quote]
Did someone say guildwars?

I think a 1.9.5 will hit consol for you guys.

Daily quota of 10 trophies realy? ! arena run is all he needs to win. 8-9 game wins to get his daily trophies. This raises the question of is arena going to be touched again actively for this update or will it be touched passively? [quote=“Jainus, post:143, topic:6752”]
Nimhain was better :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
Agreed.[quote=“Studs, post:144, topic:6752”]
Definitely can continue to grind in Casual if that’s more to your liking.
[/quote]
How will pvp rank be shown in the guild roster? Getting rank 1 in casual should be easy vs non-casual.

You also get a free preview from the pick 3 screen as you can see one of the troops they teams are using making it easier to dodge certain troops. When you see a peasant in that window and you think hey i an beat that team.[quote=“Gouki, post:156, topic:6752”]
though there is a mysterious “Fight” button in the battle logs
[/quote]
Re fight maybe and if so awesome trolling times to come.[quote=“Dustin1280, post:157, topic:6752”]
Do you get EACH tier reward every time you hit a new tier? If so AWESOME. If it’s only the difference, then the rewards are DRASTICALLY lower.[/quote]
might be bots or showing minimum earnings and not the most you can earn.

Gorgotha worms?

This makes me think that it is possoble for 1000 people to acheive rank 1 in pvp. also i want to know what type of keys those are.[quote=“Dustin1280, post:174, topic:6752”]
Is NO ONE else worried about the gold gains? In the preview they are minuscule compared to current pvp gold gain.
[/quote]
If you mean the rewards for teir rewards then individually they might be smaller but they stack overall. If you mean pvp battles as stand alone gold gains i would not be surprised if all the people shown were of the 2000 bots.[quote=“Machiknight, post:177, topic:6752”]
New Winnings for rank 1Gold = 4375Souls = 535Glory = 275Keys = 46
[/quote]

This is huge with the rewards being stacked.

3 Likes

@killerman3333 Just out of curiosity, have you ever had a thought that didn’t come out of your keyboard?

5 Likes

About 90% of what i think never makes it to keyboard to be fair. You don’t want to see what that 90% is.

2 Likes

Thank god, because about 99% of what you post here is babble.

10 Likes

Gobby was a featured troop in this video, he’s quite the popular guy

My feels! :sob:

I have nothing against you, @killerman3333, but there is such a thing as discretion. Not every post requires an answer, and what you did above, quoting 15 people (yes, I counted) and rolling it into a post the length of War and Peace is really unnecessary. Just chill a bit, okay?

2 Likes

Perhaps but it beats posting 15 times. Also of those 15 that i replied to how many did i not reply to?

2 Likes

I found your post entertaining.

2 Likes

Okay, this is the last thing I’m going to say about it since you don’t seem to be getting the point, and I’m going to be really blunt. It would be nice, every once in a while, if you could keep a thought to yourself instead of treating this forum like your personal social media site. It is okay, when you don’t have anything to say, to not say anything.

In other words, it is not necessary for you to post in every flipping thread in the forum. Take a break, take a walk, read a book, consider the nature of the universe, just give it a rest!

9 Likes

There’s this nifty button called “mute” if you don’t like what he has to say, or don’t have the energy to scroll past it…

3 Likes

Where is this mute button you speak of?

User Preferences at the very bottom, under the topic mute section.